OK, my fellow post-due ladies, what do you think: labor soon?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 02:10 PM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just lost my mucus plug, followed by a hard contraction and a bout of diarrhea. At my appointment yesterday I was checked, which is what I thought the blood-threaded and brown mucus discharge for the past day and a half was from. But the plug was definitely a plug. Of course, I was only 1 cm and only "a little less fortress like" at the check up. But I was also "contracting tons" according to the NST. That, however, seems to have eased up greatly today with only a big one every 30 minutes or more throughout the day.

Any encouraging stories of this leading into labor within a day or two? Or, the more likely alternative, the check (ouch!) dislodged the mucus plug and my intestines were just angry at me for eating two pieces of birthday cake today?

We have been telling her how convenient a Thursday labor, early morning Friday delivery would be
February 6th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was way overdue with DD1 but once I lost my mucus plug with bloody show it was just a day or two before things really got going.
February 6th, 2013, 02:18 PM
^^ I love you for saying this. (I'm 41 weeks now.)
February 6th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Super Mommy
I'm 11 days late today, am at 5 cm, and lost some plug yesterday. Obviously it won't be much longer since I don't think my doctor would let me go past 42 weeks. But honestly? I feel great and don't think it's going to be anytime sooner!
February 6th, 2013, 02:26 PM
^^OK fine, rain on my happy parade.
I have until next Wednesday for an induction, unless at my appointment (and another NST) on Monday they decide I need to go sooner.
February 6th, 2013, 02:58 PM
jojow
I'm not overdue, but it sounds like things are starting! Good luck!!!
February 6th, 2013, 03:23 PM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The hard part is not knowing which "signs" mean something and which don't, especially because it varies for each person. I was checked last Thursday and started losing mucus plug from Thursday-Sunday and none since then and I'm still here pregnant at 40w1d. I have an appointment tomorrow, hopefully we can get the ball rolling soon.
February 6th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran
I was wondering. You can go into labor without having lost your plug right? I haven't lost any of mine.
February 6th, 2013, 03:36 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassalota View Post
I was wondering. You can go into labor without having lost your plug right? I haven't lost any of mine.
Yep. For some, losing the mucus plug happens at the onset of labor and starts right as dilation does. For others, they lose the mucus plug somewhere along the line during dilation. Labor is the process of getting the cervix dilated from zero to ten centimeters and moving the baby down the birth canal. Mucus plug tends to come out in early labor when dilation gets going.

Edit: OP, yes, both times I gave birth so far, I lost my mucus plug and went into hard labor within the next two days. Hope it's the same for you and that you are holding your baby in arms very soon!

Last edited by cheezpoofs; February 6th, 2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added Something
February 6th, 2013, 03:44 PM
No harm in thinking that it could be so!

(Which would also make you dead-on in your previous 41-week estimate for me being a FTM.)
February 7th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Hope I don't end up being the pregnant lady who cried wolf.

Because the contractions (still far apart and irregular) and the bloody show continue, I talked with my father and sister who wanted to be here for the delivery. (I would like them here too.) With a massive (The Weather Channel guy just called it "historic") storm approaching, which could make driving very dangerous, I was worried that should things really get going tomorrow or Saturday, either they would try to drive through it (which would make me very nervous) or miss the delivery entirely. So they are coming up this afternoon while the roads are still clear, making the gamble that this little gal will appear between now and Sunday afternoon when my dad will need to return home.

Come on, kid, do it for your granddad!
February 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!!! I hope your lo makes an appearance soon.

February 7th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! Hope it starts for you soon. I am glad that your Dad and sister are driving while it is not at its worst outside.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search