Photography

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nyzira
  • 1 Post By cheezpoofs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 06:34 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will you take pictures during birth and right after?

Will you get newborn pictures taken? If so how long after there birth?
February 6th, 2013, 06:36 PM
jojow
I have a good DSLR camera that I'm going to have my sisters take pictures with during the birth. We'll do our own NB shoots after birth.
February 6th, 2013, 06:45 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister took pictures during and right after the birth. We won't have newborn pictures done but I'm sure well have family pictures or pictures of the girls done sometime when it gets warmer.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 6th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Super Mommy
No pictures during birth but we do some (lots) afterwards and we have NB pictures done at 2 weeks.
February 6th, 2013, 08:28 PM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
I won't take pics during the birth, but will take a few on my phone after, and I didn't get photos taken of my son so I won't with her either
February 7th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
I couldn't imagine having pics taken during birth. My personal feeling on it. I don't like my picture being taken to begin with and I especially don't want pictures of my hoohaw all stretched out and disfigured, trying to push out a baby. We did take pictures of Rose right after she was born, though.

We also had newborn pics taken at the hospital. Should hopefully be getting those this week. My grandmother is coming to visit in a couple weeks and I'm hoping we can go get a generational portrait taken with her, my mom, me and the girls.
Rebelmommy likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 03:27 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the idea of a multi-generational picture Nyzira! What a special opportunity.

We will have a camera at the hospital, but I am not sure we'll take any, other than definitely *not* during labor and delivery, by my choice. Not liking hospitals, having that as the background to my baby's picture is not appealing for me. But I definitely want the camera there (oh, must check the battery to be sure it's charged) in case I change my mind.

Once we're home I'm sure we'll set up some nice photos -- DH will get out his big camera, tripod and bounce. My theory is to wait until she looks a little cuter than that just-pushed-out-of-my-mom's-vagina look I assume she'll have initially.
February 7th, 2013, 05:08 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH will have the camera so get some pictures of her being handed to me and such. Other than that we have newborn pictures scheduled that will be within 10 days of birth.
February 7th, 2013, 05:46 AM
1st time mom
None during delivery, but we will be taking pictures after words. We will also take newborn pictures sometime in the first 2 weeks.
February 7th, 2013, 08:46 AM
kellythayer85's Avatar Expecting our first
I can't imagine having pics taken during, after he's cleaned up, sure, I'll be posting on fb I'm sure as soon as I can, as I have a lot of family out of state, and DHs family is all a drive away, other then our parents, and everyone is on fb lol. We plan to do our own photos, we have a good selection of cameras between me, DH, and my brother and dad, he'll get plenty of good photos taken!

February 7th, 2013, 08:47 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
We dont have professional pics done but my husband takes a camera to the hospital, we don't take pictures of the actual labour but we do as soon as baby comes out and is placed on my chest, im hoping for a water birth this time, if it goes to plan i would love for my husband to take a picture of him just as he is being pulled from the water

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I will have some pictures taken during, we will video it like last time too. And we are doing newborn photos this time as well. I regret not doing them with pea

February 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Veteran
I didnt have any pics taken of the actual labor. I did get pics right after birth though and she had newborn pics taken at 11days.

February 7th, 2013, 01:00 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I am in labor at a time when she is not at work, I have a close friend who I have asked to be here and photograph the birth. She has never seen a natural birth and has never done birth photography before, but I'm sure it will be just fine if she's able to be here. If I am in labor at a time that she cannot be here, then I plan to have hubby take some pictures on the phone. This approach doesn't work exceptionally well because that was the plan last time and the only time he tried to take a picture, I didn't want one of that particular moment. Looking back, I suppose it wouldn't have been SO bad to have a picture of myself laboring, even though I was on the toilet... Hubby isn't really available to take pictures when we get into the real nitty-gritty of birthing time, as he helps me, so I won't get as many pictures as I'd like if I don't have a spare person around just to serve that function. Hopefully, even if we don't have anyone here other than midwives and hubby and me, we'll still get some great brand new baby shots with the phone or our camera. Hubby was too busy calling everyone announcing Orion that we didn't get much right after his birth either. I'd like more this time, since it is my last.

I do plan to get newborn pictures of the new baby with my semi-professional photographer doing the photos. It will probably be no more than one week after the baby is born, the sooner the better.

As you can tell, I feel very strongly about getting pictures this time around!
jojow likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a c section and my last birthing experience was a disaster and since this is our last child I think dh and I just want to enjoy the experience as much as we can. My little sister is an awesome photographer so we will be doing our own nb photo shoot as soon as we get a chance. I don't think we'll be going to a professional photographer this time around. It was a little difficult last time as dd had reflux and really sensitive skin so she ended up with a rash where certain fabrics or surfaces touched her skin and quite honestly all she wanted to do was sleep!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search