2 weeks + pp bleeding question. TMI!

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 12:54 PM
*CrabLegs*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else having this? I bled for 3 or 4 days pp then it tapered off to the lighter stuff. For the past week I've been having random episodes of bright red blood again. I have been to WAY too many doctors since this baby was born (that's a whole other story though!) and I really don't want to be told to come in again! I otherwise feel fine. Hoping this is normal. I really don't want to give them any reasons to go looking for problems!

February 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM
jojow
With all my babies my bleeding would go back and forth between light pink and red all the way until I stopped bleeding (4-5 weeks PP). It would turn red if I did too much, so try to rest as much as possible. Doesn't sound like something you need to go to the Dr. for.
February 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
So glad you posted this because the EXACT same thing is happening to me. I bled for 3-4 days a normal PP bleed then nothing, and then just randomly I will get red blood (TMI alert- the toilet water ends up looking like juice or Kool-aid) but I feel fine and don't think I am over doing it at all. Glad to know it is happening to someone else.. makes it seem more "normal" to me somehow..LOL
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The same thing is happening to me as well. I'll have a day with almost no bleeding and then have spotting/a light flow the next day. I seem to remember that happening with DD1 too

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 12th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This happened to me as well. Bleeding tapered off then about a week pp got heavier and bright red again. Has gone back and forth since then.

February 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Definitely means you're doing too much, even if it feels like you're not. I had the same thing happen to me and actually just cleared up again a couple days ago. I didn't think I was doing too much at all but once I stopped lifting things heavier than the baby and left the cooking to someone else for a few days, I cleared up.

February 12th, 2013, 05:59 PM
*CrabLegs*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I'm glad to hear this isn't unique! I don't feel like I do much but I do carry around my 30lb daughter (not sure how I can avoid that entirely) and carry many baskets of laundry between the basement and second floor of our house.

February 13th, 2013, 03:35 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
i was the same with my daughter, i would think i finally had stopped then the next day be bleeding again, did you have stitches? could be that stitches are not healed, if not it's just part of the PP bleeding, i hope it stops soon

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 13th, 2013, 01:57 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is doing the same, it's pretty much tapered off to spotting or just when I wipe. I know I bled longer PP with Riley. It is normal for it to taper down and then about a week to 10 days PP pick back up again. Right now it "picks up" for me at our 3-4am feeding when I'm laying down side nursing. then by 8am its back down to the spotting.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
February 14th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojow View Post
With all my babies my bleeding would go back and forth between light pink and red all the way until I stopped bleeding (4-5 weeks PP). It would turn red if I did too much, so try to rest as much as possible. Doesn't sound like something you need to go to the Dr. for.
Exactly! Its your bodies way of saying tone it down. Thats what my midwives pressed on me since Im csring for two others at home. I have the same thing going on as we speak.

February 14th, 2013, 08:05 PM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
I am having the same problem myself glad to know its normal I have been worried about it.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
February 14th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Veteran
With my first, I was told not to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs for a number of weeks (forget how many - 2, 6??). Don't have any advice on your daughter, but for the laundry, mine was also two flights down, I would prep a laundry basket of dirty clothes & have my husband take it down in the evening, the next day I would do the laundry (maybe I carried down a few extra items but that was lightweight), and have him carry the basket back up when he got home. It really cut down on the lifting and I can usually fit two loads in one basket if necessary.
February 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same here. I think I bled off and one for 6 weeks with DS1

February 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Veteran
THANK YOU for asking this. I have the same thing. It is so hard not to do anything but good to know that is what the deal is. This is why i love this club. So nice to be able just to ask another mom and not have to call the doc.
February 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
I'm so glad this thread came up. I thought my PP bleeding was slowing down but it started to turn bright red and everything I read says that bright red bleeding AFTER 4 days was a sign of post partum hemorrhage and it had me worried. I guess I was more worried because I had two pretty large blood clots in the hospital, but since then, very little to no blood clots and the ones I did have were teeny, but then the bright red blood again scared me. Good to know that it seems normal. I've been running around a lot so maybe I do just need to slow down and take a few lazy days to see if it gets better. It's hard to "take it easy" when you have 4 kids to take care of, 2 of which are in school and extra curricular activities that you need to take them to. Add that to household chores and things can get pretty overwhelming pretty quickly.
February 18th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Super Mommy
I've had the same thing. I had bright red bleeding for 3 days pp, then spotting to nothing for a week, then bright red for about 5 days, now nothing again.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search