About this waiting game

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rosiewells

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so difficult! I'm so excited about my little one but nowhere near ready with only one week to go. I still have quite a few things to do before I can feel at ease: laundry, buying a few things, cleaning the carpet, moving furniture just to name a few! Of course I'll be supervising and not actually doing most of those thing
And most importantly I need to find a name for this baby! I don't know why I'm not freaking out when I should be. I think I'm over taken with excitement which means it makes waiting even harder!
February 13th, 2013, 12:39 PM
jojow
Yep, it is difficult! I have nothing left to do and I'm very ready, so it's even harder.
February 13th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Hokie Nicole's Avatar Super Mommy
Soooo ready! In most ways, but still part of me is nervous about not being ready enough, lol.
February 13th, 2013, 03:00 PM
1st time mom
I'm there too. I am so ready for baby girl to come and this waiting game is making me a bit insane. Everyone keeps asking me if baby is on her way.. I wish!
February 13th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Waiting here too! I also have a bunch of little things I would like to do. Mostly just cleaning (or re-cleaning) random things and rooms. I kind of like having a small to-do list. I would go crazy just waking up with nothing to do. So, as I complete things, I keep adding (or re-adding) things just so I have something to do!

Today is my due date, and the waiting game has been hard: "Is today the day, how about tomorrow? What was that pain? Was that a contraction?" My husband has been ready too: "How are you feeling? Are you having a contraction? When was your last pain like that? Is it time?"
AmyLM and Surrounded like this.
February 13th, 2013, 07:32 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
It is hard!!! I have been over thinking every little twinge in my body lately, every time I call DH lately he answers the phone by says "So are you ready to push this kid out?" Then I put a status on my facebook the other day that came off in a way that I had not intended (about picking up the last item before baby comes *tomorrow* I meant that was when I was picking up the last item not that baby was coming then!) I had people blowing up my phone even the next day after I had long deleted that post because of the confusion, including my mom who was upset that I had not told her lol. Then a few weeks back I had someone from work post on my wall to see how I was feeling and someone else assumed she was asking how I was feeling because I was in labor so she posted on my wall saying she wanted pictures ASAP... I swear by the time I am in labor no one is going to believe it. ... Ok I'm done rambling.

February 13th, 2013, 11:54 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I think my husband is more frustrated then me lol!! He asks all the time where this baby has got too and say he should be here by now and then asks me everyday if I have any symptoms of him coming, bless him

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

February 14th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh is the opposite of your dhs and of me. He prays the baby stays in there till the c section date because we still have so much to do. And he's such a planner that he's trying to act cool but I know it's killing him we haven't finished everything. He has had projects due at work leaving him little time for anything other than just taking very little time off so he and dd1 can spend time together.
I remember with dd1 people would ask all the time if I was still pregnant which really just reminds you all the time of how due or overdue you feel! This time around I just get sympathetic looks because of how pregnant I look and walk!
By the way, I feel like such a slacker but I remember with dd I would clean and reclean, have dh clean and then clean again but this time around I feel I have no energy after chasing my 2 year old!
February 15th, 2013, 01:30 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think DH was more anxious than I was. I was starting to get a little impatient since he baked almost 3 weeks longer than his big brother...

February 16th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by martilynne View Post
I think DH was more anxious than I was. I was starting to get a little impatient since he baked almost 3 weeks longer than his big brother...
That's a long wait. With dd1 I stopped working at 38 weeks because I thought I was going into labor pretty soon but turns out I didn't deliver till 41 weeks. Longest three weeks of my life but I had too long of a commute to work. This time around dh and my sister won't let me go too far from the house by myself either because I contract all the time. They're afraid my water will break while I'm on my own with dd1. I officially have less than a week now. Very exciting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search