We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
And my doctor told me that I am still only 1cm and a thick cervix so.. Unless by next Tuesday (the day before my due date) I have made progress than she wants to set up a time at the hospital for me to be induced. That doesn't seem right to me. If I go in on Tuesday and I haven't made progress I'm telling her its because its barely my due date and I'm a first time mom so I'd like to wait till I'm atleast 7 days over due. I have had such a healthy pregnancy with no problems at all.. I don't want to start the problems by getting induced. I so want baby girl to come on her own. I bought a pineapple at the store today because I feel like come Monday I might get desperate.
Hugs! Did your doctor give any reason why she wants to do the inducement? I also feel like especially since you are a FTM, you would want to wait till at least 41 weeks. Can you try explaining this to her? I am sure they can't force you to do anything you don't want to do. I really think you should let her know how you feel. You are paying her for her services, so she should be able to accommodate your preferences. I hope that everything goes okay, and I hope that you are able to deliver without being induced.
My doctor wont let me go past 42 weeks, as long as me and baby are healthy. My doctor said that she will need to do a "non-stress test" on the baby twice a week between week 40 and week 42 to just make sure that the baby is doing okay. Maybe you can ask your doctor about the non-stress test too if she lets you go past 40 weeks
Hugs again, I would hate to feel pushed into a decision by my doctor. I think if you speak up, and even present facts to her (such as: FTM average pregnancy 41 weeks etc) then she will be more likely to not induce.
She may have just meant that she'll set up the induction date at your next appointment but it won't be until the following week or so. My doctor scheduled my induction the day before my due date, but the actual induction was at 41 weeks.
If you don't want to be induced, you don't have to be! Most FTMs don't go into labor until 41 weeks anyway. Make sure to address your concerns with your doctor but don't let her push you into anything you don't want to do.
BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
I'll be honest, those inductions are pretty easy to cancel. I have cancelled one so far and tomorrow I'll be cancelling another. Even if your dr. doesn't want to cancel it I figure they can't actually do anything if you don't show up. Here they can only schedule the induction with the hospital 7 days out so my dr likes to have one on the books. I'm not sure why since I keep telling him I won't be induced before a certain date if she doesn't come on her own. Oh well! I have learned those inductions are EASY to cancel.