Eric Jr.'s birth story!

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree38Likes
  • 1 Post By foosdiva
  • 1 Post By rosiewells
  • 4 Post By Nyzira
  • 2 Post By ratladee
  • 5 Post By Nyzira
  • 2 Post By ratladee
  • 7 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 2 Post By jojow
  • 3 Post By kikismith
  • 2 Post By martilynne
  • 3 Post By foosdiva
  • 5 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By chickadee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Veteran
Sorry to keep you all waiting!

Anyway: Last week Eric and I were readying for bed, and he noticed me wince a couple times. He asked if I was ok, told him stuff was finally getting going. As you probably remember, we had that massive blizzard last week, so Eric stayed home from work (everything shut down) After a day and a half of increasing labor, my water broke. We ate dinner and watched the snowfall, readying for the baby's arrival. About midnight I finally felt my body turn the corner. As the pain intensified, I alternated squatting against Eric, and getting on my hands and knees. Near the end, I reached down, hoping to caress the head as it crowned. Problem was, all I felt was a buttock. As I shifted positions, Eric supported the body as he emerged, face up to boot! He latched immediatedly. BTW, his cord finally fell off today.

Last edited by dannimom; February 13th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
February 13th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Wow, you delivered a breech baby on your own?? Craziness! Where do you live? We were SMACKED by the blizzard!

February 13th, 2013, 05:13 PM
foosdiva's Avatar Expecting #2
This is really hard to believe.
chickadee likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 05:15 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You had mentioned before about keeping the placenta attached, how did that work out for you?

February 13th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Veteran
The lotus birth went well. We buried the placenta in our back yard (after digging out the snow). BTW, we live South of Boston, got about 2 feet.
February 13th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Unassisted breach baby in a blizzard! What a great memory that will be for you and your SO! And a great story to share with others! Congrats again
dannimom likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Wait... let me get this straight... you had your baby at least a week early, breech, by yourself with a labor totaling 15 hours and your a first time mom? I'm sorry, but I find this hard to believe. FTMs usually go over 40 weeks... and it's common to labor for DAYS without any medical intervention... and then the breech birth? Don't even get me started. I mean, my first birth was 13 hours labour and my second was 15... and I was induced.

I've been suspicious of your story for a while but this "birth story" really makes me call BS. I might be inclined to believe it if I saw some pictures.

February 13th, 2013, 06:12 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Lucky you to have a breech AND posterior baby and still easily have a UC home birth. I had a horrific experience this go round with my posterior baby girl. I pushed almost an hour or more and had to have help from the Dr because baby head was stuck. You're lucky...congrats.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

February 13th, 2013, 07:04 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyzira View Post
Wait... let me get this straight... you had your baby at least a week early, breech, by yourself with a labor totaling 15 hours and your a first time mom? I'm sorry, but I find this hard to believe. FTMs usually go over 40 weeks... and it's common to labor for DAYS without any medical intervention... and then the breech birth? Don't even get me started. I mean, my first birth was 13 hours labour and my second was 15... and I was induced.

I've been suspicious of your story for a while but this "birth story" really makes me call BS. I might be inclined to believe it if I saw some pictures.
All that is really irrelevant. Every birth and every person is different. Yes, it's hard to believe but that reasoning isn't why. It's all the other stuff.
Mrs.Ajalele and Rebelmommy like this.

February 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
All that is really irrelevant. Every birth and every person is different. Yes, it's hard to believe but that reasoning isn't why. It's all the other stuff.
That reasoning might not be why for you but it is for me... as I said in my post, it's is usual and more common to labour for days and go over 40 weeks. If I take that into account along with the lack of pictures, lack of avatar, lack of signature, flip-flopping stories, etc then I have to draw my conclusions. I don't recall saying at any time that the situation was impossible. I said I found it hard to believe.
AmyLM, foosdiva, ratladee and 2 others like this.

February 13th, 2013, 08:30 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
True dat.

February 13th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going to have to agree with the others that find this difficult to believe. Not impossible just improbable. Either way, of it is true, congrats.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
February 14th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I don't know if your story is true or not. I was a first time mom with a 5 hour labor, and my posterior baby was not much different in delivery then the others..HOWEVER I know that if I birthed a breech, posterior baby at home unassisted in the middle of a blizzard I would have posted a long detailed birth story, the length of which would probably make this forum cringe! And tons of pictures because I would feel like super woman! Plus you are a braver woman then I, as I would have just frozen the placenta rather then brave blizzard snow and frozen ground to bury it.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 14th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
This just seems alittle too far out for me.

February 14th, 2013, 04:56 AM
jojow
Ditto the others. You've seemed sketchy since the beginning. If it is true, congrats.
February 14th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other girls....and rebelmommy has a good point, really you dug through snow and FROZEN ground to bury the placenta?

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So how big was this breach posterior baby and how do you go about getting a birth certificate and stuff when it's an unassisted birth with no witnesses? Also you had mentioned in a post in the past that you weren't planning on abstaining from sex...how do you feel about that now?
Nyzira and Rebelmommy like this.

March 3rd, 2013, 12:35 AM
foosdiva's Avatar Expecting #2
Still no pictures and no response even though she was active on JM recently. More red flags.
March 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Can we get some pics of your little man, I know that most of the ladies are like me and we like to put faces to names.. Plus we ALL love to look at all the pretty babies!
sarah*, CptStargel, jojow and 2 others like this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

March 19th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad I wasn't the only one suspicious long before this birth story. I'd love to believe the best, but things were always just pretty off here.
Rebelmommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search