Baby Day!

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By cheezpoofs
  • 1 Post By Mommytoeight2013
  • 1 Post By stephanieaehenley
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By Karenna
  • 2 Post By Surrounded
  • 1 Post By Nyzira

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Super Mommy
Maggie should be making her entrance into the world today one way or the other. Last week she went transverse and no matter what we have tried she has refused to move. Stubborn little girl! I will have an u/s this morning before anything is started and if she actually DID turn on her own then I will be induced before she has a chance to go sideways again. The main problem with her preferred position is the chord drops down to where her head should be. Praying and crossing fingers Maggie and her chord have moved so we can induce and go mostly natural. Should that not be the case, please pray for smooth recovery and any advice from mommies who have had c/secs in the past would be great! Nothing happens until 1:30 so as of now she has hours to make sure she gets that little head where it needs to be!

MAGGIE IS HERE!!!

Last edited by Surrounded; February 18th, 2013 at 08:00 PM.
February 18th, 2013, 07:17 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried the positions from Spinning Babies Home to try to get her to turn?

Good luck and I hope you have a very smooth birth and recovery, no matter how your birth goes. Is there any other pressing reason to get her out today? I'm just curious, since a c-section isn't preferred and she's not in optimal position anyway....
Surrounded likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
Good Luck!!!!!
Surrounded likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 08:23 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
Good luck today! I hope she turns and you get to go natural
Surrounded likes this.
February 18th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Good luck! I hope hat she has turned for you!
Surrounded likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 18th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Super Mommy
any update?
Surrounded likes this.
February 18th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezpoofs View Post
Good luck and I hope you have a very smooth birth and recovery, no matter how your birth goes. Is there any other pressing reason to get her out today? I'm just curious, since a c-section isn't preferred and she's not in optimal position anyway....
Maggie was born 2/18 at 1:42 weighing 7lbs and 13oz and 20" long. She is perfect and precious! She nurses fabulously, sleeps like a champ so far, and has the nurses proud of her BMs. They were only expecting 1 today and she has already had 3!

Thanks for the well wishes! I am just shy of 42 weeks which didn't bother me much except for the heartburn that came at 3am every night. So, as far as dates go there wasn't a pressing need to get her out today. However, I was supposed to be induced on Thursday the 14th but I told my dr to cancel it. He did but had me go in for an u/s instead. Come to find out she had moved from being head down to completely transverse. Her chord also dropped down to where her head should be. Since I was getting along a bit in the pregnancy and labor should come soon we were worried about starting labor and her still being sideways and if she moved back down but the chord didn't move then the worry was compression. C-section was definitely not preferred (in my ideal world)! I completely agree with you there!

My hubby and I looked at the Spinning Baby website and tried but Maggie only went further under my ribs. I had another u/s Friday to see if they worked and there was no improvement in her position. We continued doing them through the weekend since my Dr. agreed to do another u/s today but it didn't help anything. She was still up very high and completely transverse.

So, we ended up with a C-section. I almost cried walking into the operating room and I did cry some when they did the spinal. I seriously cried when she was taken out. They weren't very loud telling me she was coming out (not that I could have seen anyways) and Corey didn't even get to see her emerge and then a nurse cut the chord instead of having Corey do it.

As much as I did not like the idea of a C-section (it terrified me) I am actually glad we had one. Due to the shape of my uterus and as far up as she had gone my dr isn't sure she would have been able to turn with her head the size it is. Not huge- only 14". Also, the one reason I am very ok with having had the C-section and am happy we did it is they found her chord wrapped twice around her neck. If I had started contracting regularly with the location of the rest of her chord it could have really hurt her. As it was everyone was double checking her Apgar to make sure there weren't negative effects.

We weren't aware of any pressing reason for her to be born today and considering the (thankfully) aborted induction I was supposed to have Thursday I am very thankful she stayed put until today. I am also very thankful for my dr who didn't push and push until he got his way. He was nice and considerate for 99% of everything throughout my care.

Fabulous news....!!!! My dr knows how important it is to me to have natural childbirth so he took extra time to stitch up my uterus to make sure I would be able to have a VBAC next time! His practice doesn't even currently perform VBACs and he still took the time to do that for me. He is a fabulous man/doctor!
cheezpoofs and Rebelmommy like this.
February 18th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Congrats! Sad you had to have a c-section but what a life saver it was in this instance! And good on your doc to stitch you up right.
Surrounded likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Congrats! I understand the sadness about the c-section, but now you have your healthy precious princess in your arms and will hopefully be able to have a successful VBAC in the future!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 19th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Hokie Nicole's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats mama! So glad she is here happy and healthy.
February 19th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!! Glad she is here safe and sound.

February 19th, 2013, 02:39 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! I'm sorry you weren't able to have the ideal birth experience, but so glad you were able to have the interventions your baby and body needed to help her enter the world healthily. Your doctor does sound like a great guy and I'm glad for that for you too. Cord prolapse is no light matter, so I can totally understand your choice to go ahead and do what you needed to do to keep baby safe. Congratulations on your healthy baby girl and enjoy your babymoon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search