Another Baby? ... Call me crazy!

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Peytonsmomma
  • 1 Post By KerryJo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Super Mommy
My OBGYN advised that I wait one year to get pregnant after my emergency c-section. DH and I had planned on trying to get pregnant this coming fall (I'm in my mid 30's, with a history of ectopics). With my history, if I happen to have another ectopic (I've had 3), that'll set us back at least another 6 months. So if I wait the one year, and I have another ectopic, we're looking at a minimum of 1.5 years before trying to get pregnant again. I don't want to be 40 and still trying to have more babies if I can help it.

Question: those ladies who've had c-sections, how long did you wait before getting pregnant again?

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

February 19th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We originally wanted to get pregnant right away but my section was so hard on my body I am still having lots of problems 7 weeks later that we have decided to wait for at least 1 year to get pregnant.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
February 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Super Mommy
After my first, I got pregnant one year after. I am glad I waited because I don't think my body would have healed as well if I hadn't.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
February 19th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have a c/s but my sil has had 3. She got pg with her 2nd baby when her first was 5 months old and then her 3rd a year after she had the second one. My mil had 7 c/s all no more than 2 years apart.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
February 19th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I waited about a year and a half after my emergency c section.
February 20th, 2013, 04:24 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
I waited about 18 months after my c-section , they are really hard on your body so I would probably listen to your OB
February 20th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Veteran
Creeping from the June 13 Ddc! I've had 3 casareans! My first was emergency as well!! I had my first two 14 months apart and the next one 23 months and now my fourth will be in June another 23 months apart! They just give you guidelines! Is this the actual doctor who did the casarean ? Cause you could always ask for your file to see of there was any notes about why you should wait!

Edit: the times listed above are actually distance between deliveries! So 14 mos means I was 6 mos post part in when I got pregnant again! Ill have had four sections in five years almost exactly in June

February 21st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfourmama View Post
Creeping from the June 13 Ddc! I've had 3 casareans! My first was emergency as well!! I had my first two 14 months apart and the next one 23 months and now my fourth will be in June another 23 months apart! They just give you guidelines! Is this the actual doctor who did the casarean ? Cause you could always ask for your file to see of there was any notes about why you should wait!

Edit: the times listed above are actually distance between deliveries! So 14 mos means I was 6 mos post part in when I got pregnant again! Ill have had four sections in five years almost exactly in June
Thanks for the response! No, the doctor who did my cesarian was an on call doctor at the hospital. It was an emergency cesarian and my doctor got there a couple of minutes after the baby was out. My doctor said that 12 months is standard protocol but I'll still ask him if there were any notes about waiting. I was hoping to TTC in August, which if it were to happen quickly would put the due date at 15 months after this cesarian.

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

February 23rd, 2013, 08:23 PM
Peytonsmomma
popping in from oct 12pr, i had a emergency c/s also, my dr told me 6months for csection and one year if i want to try a vbac
Happy Song and Mama2Angels like this.
February 24th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Super Mommy
I had a c/s and we are planning to wait around 2 years before ttc again. We have a few circumstances that cause us to want to wait but the main thing is the local birthing center won't do VBAC with you unless you wait 2 years between delivery and conception. Also, if my dr office changes policy and starts doing VBAC then we may decide not to do the birthing center and stay with him.
February 25th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Super Mommy
DH has been talking about this alot lately. LOL. He is back and forth on us TTC for #3 or are we done at 2. I keep telling him to let me heal and then in a year or 2 we will see how things are. I still work full time (but from home) so now would be the perfect time to have another one if we did. That way we wont have to pay for daycare.
Mama2Angels likes this.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search