Now starts some tough stuff....how old is baby b4 you leave him/her?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rebelmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Veteran
I know everyone's situation is different but I am just curious as to how old baby was (or will be) the first time you left them (aside from hospital stuff).

I am having a hard time making appointments for things (taxes, etc) because I don't want to take baby (flu season) and I don't want to leave him with anyone aside from my husband and he works all the time during the week.
February 20th, 2013, 12:12 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've already left her with my mom for an hour so I could go groccery shopping with my older two. I wouldn't leave her with anybody else though.

February 20th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
I left her with my mom for 20 mins while I ran to the store last week and I was forced to let her father take her for 5 hours Monday for his "parenting time". Other than that, she stays with me.

February 20th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Super Mommy
Shelby has been with family that has been in town (our parents) and/or my BFF while DH and I have run out or stuff like that.

DH did take me on a date night last Saturday and we went to the rodeo. One of my fav groups (Lady Antebellum) was playing and made the hour away trip there. We are trying to get this all in while we can because once they leave we will not be doing anything without the kiddos coming with us.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

February 20th, 2013, 01:28 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
he is only 5 days so have not left him yet and tbh i probably wont for a very long time, none of my kids have ever really been left with anyone for a long period of time except their dad, only other times they are left is if i have an appointment they cant come too then either mine or his mum looks after them

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 20th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Super Mommy
My baby will be 3 weeks on Thursday. I left her with my DH for 1.5 hours this morning to take my dad to his oncologist appointment. It was torture! I missed my baby so much. I haven't taken her out, except for doctor appts, since she came home because of all the flu that's going around.

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

February 20th, 2013, 02:59 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've already crossed that bridge She was 6 days old when I left her with DH to go to class for 8 hours, 7 and 8 days old when both her and her brother went to the sitter's house so I could go to clinicals however DH picked her up about an hour and a half later and kept her until I got home and picked up Riley. It sucks leaving her but I know it's for a good reason and it's only through the first week of May at this point (Graduation). I know she's in good hands with hubby and our sitter is like our surrogate mom and have no qualms leaving her there all day in a few weeks. For now it's just until hubby gets off and can pick her up because of all the germs out there. Thankfully for that hour and a half that she is there twice a week the only kiddos she has are Riley and her middle/high school age grandkids and they're asleep when i drop her and Riley off.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
February 20th, 2013, 05:44 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've left her a couple times with DH or family but only short periods of time since I'm nursing.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 20th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will be one of the odd ones and say that I don't leave my kids for a very very long time. My 3 year old has only been left with my mil a few times for doctor appointments that she cant come with me to. Same with my 1 1/2 year old. Dh and my mil are the only ones to watch them. Also since I ebf, baby goes where I go. If I cant take a baby somewhere then I don't go.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!

Last edited by AmyLM; February 21st, 2013 at 08:01 AM.
February 21st, 2013, 07:39 AM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only left her with DH for 2 hours or less because in nursing and not pumping yet. The only time she will stay with anyone else is daycare starting at 6 weeks old because I have to go back to work

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

February 21st, 2013, 10:20 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
My children have never been left with anyone but DH with the exception of when I had Tierney and Talon, and the hospital would not allow them to be there so when I had Tierney, the kids went to stay with my mom for a few hours and when I had Talon they went to stay with my MIL for 2 hours. Even now they have never been left with a babysitter, I have trust issues (That stem from a rather traumatic incident I went through) when it comes to leaving my children with anyone and even if I completely trusted the person (and there is 1 or 2 people I trust with them if it came down to it) it gives me major amounts of anxiety and more often then not panic attacks (Especially if they spend the night at friends houses).
Born2BeAmom and Sassalota like this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search