Where is baby sleeping?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 11:17 PM
1st time mom
I have been having Kylie sleep in her crib sense we have been home because I want her to get use to it early on.. But sense she was asleep so much today I knew she would be awake most of the night and so I placed her next to the bed in our room. I figured I'd be too tired to go back and forth between the rooms. I love this! Even when she wakes up to be fed I can stay in bed and sense I get to her so quick I don't hear her cry much at all. I love this. I know I should probably keep it at a one time thing but idk..

Where are your little ones sleeping?

If its not in the crib then when do you plan on transferring them?

For the ones who are still pregnant, what are your plans for your little ones once they arrive?
February 27th, 2013, 11:57 PM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
I co-sleep have with all my kids, my 18 month old is still in the bed as well. I plan on getting her in a toddler bed very soon, but some of my kids have co-slept up to the age of 4 so it really depends on how they are sleeping and all of that. But I love having them beside me it make's it a lot easier and I can get more sleep.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
February 28th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
I go back and forth between the co-sleeper bassinet and actually co-sleeping in my bed. On chilly nights, I keep her in the bed with me. She won't go into a crib for quite some time. I don't think my first slept in her crib until she was 6 months or so.
birdblue likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We also co-sleep. It makes breastfeeding easier and my girls seem to love it. Unfortunately my toddler has moved back into our bed since the baby came home but we are working on it! I'm glad you found a better sleeping arrangement. Sleep is so precious at this age!
February 28th, 2013, 06:08 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She sleeps in a bassinet next to out bed and sometimes in bed with me. I'll transfer her to a crib either when I return to work or when she starts sleeping a little longer at night.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 28th, 2013, 07:04 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
He sleeps in a bassinet by my bed. We will keep him in the room with us until he is not waking up so often to eat. Trying to avoid co-sleeping as we did that with my other kids and it was really hard getting them out of it. I'm not gonna lie some nights I do just wanna snuggle him but so far I have been refraining!
Rebelmommy likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 07:16 AM
*CrabLegs*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby is sleeping in the Rock 'n Play sleeper right next to our bed. He's an arm's reach away from me. I plan to move him to the crib around 3 months but that's not set in stone. We'll see how it goes when the time arrives. As it is now, my almost 2 year old is still sleeping in the crib and we only have one so baby has to wait.
birdblue likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 07:56 AM
mykesmomma's Avatar Veteran
She sleeps in the bassinet next to our bed. She sleeps really well at night. Im avoiding putting her in bed with us because it was very hard to break DS of sleeping in my bed. I dont have a certain time when we'll move her to her crib. Probably once she gets up less at night.

Mychael Todd Allen 10/29/2004
My angel baby went to heaven 1/13/2006
Isabella Rose 2/12/2013
February 28th, 2013, 09:17 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's been in my bed since the first night. I've coslept with all of them. My almost 2 year old sleeps in the crib sidecarred to our bed.
jeangeorge2742728 likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby will sleep in a cosleeper crib sidecar on the bed. It worked great with my second son and I'm sure it will be the best sleeping option once again.

February 28th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Super Mommy
Shelby is 75% crib which is at the foot of my bed and then 25% with me in bed (or the couch). It just depends on where I do the last wee early feeding and we crash.
lisadlv likes this.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

February 28th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran
Once she comes, I want to try and use the crib since it is in our room and not far from the bed. If that doesn't work I will try the rock and play sleeper right next to the bed. I want her to get used to the crib thou so when we move into a bigger place she will be used to the crib. Hoping she comes soon.
February 28th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am still sleeping in the recliner (with propped up pillows) with my little one. For some reason I am frightened of sleeping in the bed with my little one. I am terrified that she will die of SIDS, or I will roll over on her, or something else horrible. I wish I was as confident about bed-sharing as some of you are, then I could go back to my comfy bed!

We tried putting Lily to sleep in her bassinet by our bed last night, and she still doesn't like it. So we ended up sleeping in the living room again. Maybe when she isn't so tiny I will feel more comfortable with her in our bed? FTM scaredness I guess.
February 28th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He sleeps in bed with us. All of out kids have. I usually move them at about 9 months to a year. They still get in bed with us in the mornings.

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
February 28th, 2013, 02:54 PM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CrabLegs* View Post
Baby is sleeping in the Rock 'n Play sleeper right next to our bed. He's an arm's reach away from me. I plan to move him to the crib around 3 months but that's not set in stone. We'll see how it goes when the time arrives. As it is now, my almost 2 year old is still sleeping in the crib and we only have one so baby has to wait.
Abby is also in the Rock 'n Play sleeper by our bed. And Sam is usually between Kevin and i.

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

February 28th, 2013, 04:49 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
He sleeps in the bassinet right up against the bed but if he is unsettled he sleeps in bed with us

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

February 28th, 2013, 07:14 PM
jojow
Lydia sleeps with me in my bed for most of the night. Sometimes she sleeps really lightly and squirms a ton in her sleep, if that happens I'll put her in the swing or bassinet (both are very close to my bed).
March 1st, 2013, 01:34 PM
*BabyMaMa*'s Avatar Kimber MaMa to Leah
Zoey is in bed with me

Feb 2012
March 1st, 2013, 02:16 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Creighton is in his pack n play next to our bed, it has a nice bassinet/co-sleeper like optoin thingy so he is right at the right level for me to grab him easily. He will eventually transfer to his crib, which is also in our room and then once he starts sleeping through the night I might (still not sure about the timing for this yet) move him into the room with his brother, who is dying to have him share his room
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

March 1st, 2013, 08:46 PM
Super Mommy
I sleep propped with a bunch of pillows, so I'm practically sitting and LO sleeps in my arms on our bed. She doesn't like her bassinet. So it looks like we'll be co-sleeping... my hubby and I don't mind. She will not be little forever and after losing so many babies before having our little girl, I want to enjoy her as much as possible.

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search