Taking baby out

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eiramillek

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 07:32 AM
1st time mom
Ok so We really want to take Kylie to church soon so we can show her off to all our friends and our church family. But I know that when we take her everyone will want to touch her..everyone. And even if we say no touching that's still a lot of people for her to be around. How old do you think she should be before we take her?

I want to start getting out again soon and not keep us locked up in here but at the same time I want whats best for my daughter.

Right now she is 1 week old and we were thinking maybe next time when she is 2 and a 1/2 weeks old. But that still seems really early. So far the only places she has been is to the doctors, and to see her great Grammy, other than that we have been here all week long.
March 1st, 2013, 07:56 AM
terryterry's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sure I won't wait this long, but my pediatrician told me to wait two months before taking him to places where there are lots of people (church, grocery store, target, etc.).
March 1st, 2013, 08:41 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is 3 weeks old and we've been to Costco and the library. I had her in the wrap the whole time. My parents are making me paranoid. Other than that its just been walks around the neighborhood but I am really it hing to get out so not sure how much longer ill be limiting it for.

March 1st, 2013, 08:43 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We took our girls out right away. If you're really worried just make sure people wash their hands and don't touch babies face or hands. Always trust your instincts though. We have never been one to worry about germs and such but if you're worried, don't take LO out.
mamatomany likes this.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
March 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had Cruz on a Thursday and we were at church that Sunday. I kept him in the car seat and covered. We went to target and grocery shopping two days ago. Same thing, I keep him covered so people don't get too close.

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
March 1st, 2013, 11:10 AM
Super Mommy
I had Shelby out to mainly drs the first 2 weeks. If we did go to the store or anything like that it was late in the evening when it wasnt busy and things like that. Now she is 7 weeks and pretty much goes everywhere now.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

March 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
*BabyMaMa*'s Avatar Kimber MaMa to Leah
Zoey has been to Target, the grocery store, and to drop her sister off at preschool several times. She's 3wks old. We took her out for the first time when she was a week old.

Feb 2012
March 1st, 2013, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We took baby girl out last night. My father in law is in town, and he took us out to eat. We had no problems with people wanting to touch her, so that was a relief. She slept the entire time, we were surprised! It was really nice to get out of the house finally! Feeling cooped (sp?) up is not a great feeling. I am glad we went out. We almost went out for lunch today, but baby girl was fussing too much, and I didn't want to take a fussy baby out. We might take her out for a walk in the park tomorrow.
March 1st, 2013, 06:37 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
We took him for a walk at 5 days and at 6 days I was taking him around town and today we went to the library, he has already had his first sickness bug yesterday :-( that was caught from his big brother staying at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

March 1st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Super Mommy
My little girl is 4 weeks old and I have yet to take her to church. I NEVER miss church but there are way too many people there and many of them are coughing and sneezing. I just don't want to be locked in a building with so many sick people. I'm not "germaphobic" but the flu is nothing to play with, especially those with weak immune systems, such as newborns. My dad has a weakened immune system and caught pneumonia and the flu and had to be hospitalized and he had the flu and pneumonia shot. So I'm not chancing it with my LO.

It's hard and I am a bit stir crazy but I think it'll be harder to have a sick baby.

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

March 1st, 2013, 10:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lurking from the June DDC!

If you want to go out in more populated places (store, church, etc) try to keep the baby in the baby carrier as much as possible. They sell these very nice "do not touch" signs to hang on carriers. You can also just drape a thin baby blanket over the handle (I clipped mine on with a hair clip). If someone wants to see the baby you just pull back the blanket a bit. This pretty much sends the signal to people to "not touch".

I took my son out when he was less than a week old. I was desperate to get out. But when we were trying to get the stroller out of the car i was forced to place the carrier on the ground in the parking lot. I remember snatching it right up and sobbing "I just put my baby on a FILTHY PARKING LOT!" and in the end we only spent 15 minutes in the store, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 2nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
jojow
I took Lydia out yesterday (12 days old) to a couple stores and just kept her in the sling so nobody would touch her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search