Belly flab

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mamatomany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
1st time mom
What are you ladies doing to get rid of the belly flab after birth? I weigh 20lbs less than I did at the hospital but I still have 10 lbs to go.. And my belly apparently has no muscle to it what so ever now. I am ready to fix that! My doctor said just walking for now but soon I will be able to excersize again! What's your plan to get your stomach back after baby?

Also, how long does it take for that dark line to start to fade? Mine still goes from the very top of my stomach to the very bottom. Not so pretty.
March 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
MiaVena's Avatar Proud Mommy
i have the same problem. About the dark line i have heard that its totally individual and it might have something to do with the color of your skin. I have a really dark line running down my belly too and it sure isnt looking very attractive.... i am quite pale so i think it will take some time to fade for me.
March 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
After my last two pregnancies I didn't really do anything extra to lose the belly, it just went down on it's own. This time unfortunately I put on more weight than usual, I fit JUST fit into my jeans but I do have a "muffin top". DH said he will work out with me but I want to wait a week or so because I still get crampy when I try to do too much. Not sure what exactly we will do yet.

March 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same as you, lost 20lbs easily and now have 10 to go.

After my first, marathon training helped me drop the weight quick.

After my second, 1/2 marathon training.

This time I plan on doing Jillian michaels body revolution and more diet planning to lose the weight because I really want to clean up my diet and the JM workouts will fit in with 3 kids and work fairly well.

March 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Super Mommy
The line will fade fairly quickly, the belly takes longer .

I just want to caution you all to be careful what types of exercises you do for your stomach. The stomach muscles have taken quite a beating and probably have separated. Going straight to crunches will cause more harm than good!
Rebelmommy and Mama2Angels like this.
March 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Super Mommy
I started walking on the treadmill right away and then slowly added in alil running. Once I hit the 6 week mark I added in light weights and ab workout. I find it still hasnt gone down too much after my initial weight lost so we shall see in the new few weeks.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

March 3rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatomany View Post
The line will fade fairly quickly, the belly takes longer .

I just want to caution you all to be careful what types of exercises you do for your stomach. The stomach muscles have taken quite a beating and probably have separated. Going straight to crunches will cause more harm than good!
I want to second this. With Talon I was given the OK to do crunches but my stomach muscles were separated and I didn't realize. So while the exercise made my stomach flab go away quickly it made it take MUCH loner for the separation to close and I ended up with this strange bulge in the upper center of my abdomen that looked weird for a LONG time
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

March 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a fitness game on my Xbox kinect that I'm goin to start doing this week. Then I will set up my bike on the indoor trainer to start riding whenever possible. After my first it took a while to get comfy down there on the bike again, but I rode my first 30 miles only 4 months after she was born.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

March 5th, 2013, 06:43 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
Right now I'm not doing anything yet but I'm only 8 days pp, but o have already lost 15 pounds since the hospital , nursing makes me lose weight fast, but once I'm 2-3 weeks post I will start doing yoga and pilates
March 5th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Super Mommy
I have the same issue... flabby stomach and a dark line from the bottom to the top of my tummy.

I'll be running and doing light weights

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

March 6th, 2013, 06:14 AM
jojow
I had belly flab and a bit of loose skin before I ever had babies, thanks to being 50 lbs overweight as a teen. I lost the weight, but there's nothing that can be done about the flab. Add in 5 babies in 6 years....! My stomach is shrinking nicely and I'm about 10 lbs away from my pre-preg weight (then 20 more lbs to get to my normal weight, didn't lose it all after my baby before Lydia). I'll start walking and using an elliptical when I feel up to it.
March 6th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelmommy View Post
I want to second this. With Talon I was given the OK to do crunches but my stomach muscles were separated and I didn't realize. So while the exercise made my stomach flab go away quickly it made it take MUCH loner for the separation to close and I ended up with this strange bulge in the upper center of my abdomen that looked weird for a LONG time
How can you tell if your stomach muscles are separated?
I have no idea how I'm going to tone up quite yet, haven't gotten that far. Though I do know I want to walk and eventually run. I've never run in my life so we'll see how that goes.... My belly was also huge so I'm going to do dry brushing to help my skin snap back. Crossing my fingers it helps!
March 6th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I didn't know they were separated until I got this weird buldge and asked the Dr about it
Talon

March 7th, 2013, 08:33 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
i haven't dared weigh myself yet but i know i have a ton to lose as im not in pre-preg clothes yet (no where near!) i will start exercise bike first then do sit ups later on

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

March 7th, 2013, 03:13 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I have lost 25 lbs and still have about 20 to go... i cant really do anything about the belly pudge until i am released from my dr after the c sect. not too sure if i believe that those pp girdles work or not..
March 8th, 2013, 01:18 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
i weighed myself and have 39lbs to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

March 8th, 2013, 07:27 AM
1st time mom
Oh I am not in pre pregnancy clothes yet either! I still have to wear my maternity pants, or workout shorts.. That and tee shirts are all that fit me. But I am so motivated to get my wardrobe..I mean my body.. Back! (I miss my normal clothes).
March 8th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I am hoping to get the all clear to work on my belly at my PP visit. I still have 8 pounds left to get to my pre pregnancy weight and I will always have loose skin below my belly button (thanks to Talon) but the "Plushiness" of my upper abdomen and this muffin top thing I have going on in my jeans is starting to annoy me
Talon

March 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I had to go to the pediatrician's today and I tried on some pre-pregnancy pants and my hips were like, "No." They wanted nothing to do with those pants. Sooo I had to wear my pregnancy jeans that I hate because they go down. I can't wait for all the swelling to go down. I'm only 2 wks pp, so I'm hoping there's still more swelling in there
March 14th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Veteran
I understand that my abs will never be the same again. I think it is time to get rid of my 2 pieces and invest in the one piece (god give me strength). I've still got 18 lbs to go for pre-preggo wt. I'm sabotaging myself, because I have started baking. Banana nut bread, brownies, cookies and I'm attempting a pie today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search