What has suprised you the most?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By wishing
  • 1 Post By eiramillek
  • 3 Post By Excited_mommy
  • 3 Post By AmyLM
  • 3 Post By rosiewells
  • 1 Post By CptStargel
  • 2 Post By jeangeorge2742728
  • 1 Post By calijk
  • 1 Post By mistletoe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What has suprised you the most about becomming a mom or becomming a new mom again.

For me its how different each newborn experience is. Every birth has been so different, and every child is so unique. I think I am suprised everyday that even with baby 6 I am still learning so many new things.

Also how the heart can grow and our capacity for love!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
March 6th, 2013, 08:54 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How much you forget - All the little tips and tricks I learned with my first seem to have been forgotten. Also, how different Clara is. I'm also very surprised at how easy the transition from 1-2 has been for us. Getting out of the house is difficult but besides that, we've adjusted well.
jeangeorge2742728 likes this.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
March 6th, 2013, 09:29 AM
1st time mom
I'm suprised at how many extra loads of laundry I am doing with just one tiny baby added to the family.
Also, leaving the house takes a bit longer for us because as soon as we are ready to leave she wants to eat, and then needs a diaper change, and we end up being late. But as soon as we get to where we are going I have to excuse myself into another room because she's ready to eat again.

I'm suprised at how much I can open my heart to her. I'm suprised at how DH loves her and how it makes me love him even more than before. She can keep me up all night crying and feeding but as soon as I spot one of her little smiles it becomes completely okay with me. It's like as soon as she smiles at me, I'm no longer tired or anything.. Just happy.
MiaVena, rosiewells and HolaBebe like this.
March 6th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just how different each baby is, how different every pregnancy and delivery is. It's amazing that when I think I've got it handled, they throw me for a loop with something different.

March 6th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was surprised that the most painful part of the whole labor and delivery was afterwards! The first few days of breastfeeding were so painful as Lily had amazing sucking abilities. My nipples hurt so much, they were so red, sore, and they even bled a little. I told my husband they should have given me an epidural for my top half! After my milk came in it was so much better. I was scared I was going to give up on breastfeeding because she made my nipples hurt so bad.

I am also surprised that mothering has come so easily. A lot of things have come naturally, or instinctively.

Also the "no sleep" thing. When I had no children, I thought that I understood, but man it was rough. Now I am used to waking up every 2-3 hours, and it is not so bad.
March 6th, 2013, 04:05 PM
1st time mom
^ yes the painful part for me was afterwords too. I was deffinately not expecting that.
March 6th, 2013, 04:27 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Being a mom again it surprised me at how much more confidence I've had this time around. I'm not afraid that I'm going to break her or scar her for life. I'm also surprised at how it seems I am getting the same amount or less sleep this time around than last and it is not affecting me as severely as it did the first time, but that could also be that I had PPD with my first and am showing no signs this time around. I'm happy and confident in my abilities and I love my girls! And I love saying "the girls!"
jeangeorge2742728 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

March 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
The one thing that has surprised me is how with 7 kids, my heart continues to grow with each day. My love for them is so mind blowing I would never think back with Tyran on how I could love more than him and I have. I love being a mom.
Born2BeAmom and CptStargel like this.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
March 7th, 2013, 02:41 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Im surprised at how well my son has done with the newest addition as he is a right mummy's boy and constantly clings but he seems to have adjusted well! and how much confidence i have this time round too , im more laid back and not worrying about everything.

March 7th, 2013, 09:31 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I'm surprised that I am not a total raging monster from Hell based on how little sleep I'm getting. I didn't think I'd handle sleep deprivation well; but so far, I'm doing alright and not biting anyone's heads off.

March 7th, 2013, 03:10 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I am surprised how bad my back hurts and thats like the only thing that hurts...and the actual amount of sleep that we get or the lack thereof..I had no idea it was like this..lol
MiaVena likes this.

Last edited by calijk; March 17th, 2013 at 12:12 PM.
March 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Veteran
I'm surprising myself every day. I had no faith in myself, but so far he is healthy and happy. I may be a bit delirious at time related to lack of sleep. I never thought that I could be this happy. I finally feel blessed.

March 15th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too am shocked that the 2nd time around the sleep deprivation has not affected me as much. Our transition from 1-2 has been bad either.

March 16th, 2013, 07:46 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am surprised that having a third has been not so hard. 0-1 was my hardest transition. I was also surprised by my feeling of sadness that this is my last one. I thought I'd feel complete.

March 17th, 2013, 09:49 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had not anticipated how much more difficult the first month would be when combined with my own healing. It made everything from feeding to sleeping close to nightmarish at times for me.

It may sound silly, but I was also surprised at how quickly I felt at ease holding her and managing her, physically. I've always been the girl who turns you down when you ask if I'd like to hold your baby, so this was something I was nervous about. But after the first few awkward attempts, I got the hang of it.
rosiewells likes this.
March 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistletoe View Post
I've always been the girl who turns you down when you ask if I'd like to hold your baby, so this was something I was nervous about. But after the first few awkward attempts, I got the hang of it.
I was this way too, terrified to hold peoples babies. I was a little nervous and scared holding my little one for the first few times. Glad I am not the only one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search