Going back to work??

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By rosiewells
  • 1 Post By spicymustard
  • 2 Post By Ravado
  • 1 Post By Servilia

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Super Mommy
For those that work, when are you planning on going back? I was hoping to go back last week, but my blood pressure was still high. My doctor obviously wouldn't give me a note to go back since I drive a commercial motor vehicle and my blood pressure has to be below a certain point. It has been fine this past week, so I am planning on going back either tomorrow or Tuesday (5 1/2 weeks pp). I'm not sure what the normal "maternity leave" time is since my company doesn't seem to have any policies in place. I am hoping DH gets a job soon though b/c I have heard from a few co-workers that I might not get my old job back even though I was told I would. I guess I will just see what happens this week.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
March 10th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am taking about 18 weeks off after my little ones birth, so Mid-Late June I will go back. I was also placed on bedrest around week 33. So, total I will have been gone for about 6 and half months. Crazy huh? Thankfully all 6 and half months are partially paid at 60% of my salary, and my job is still protected. Sometimes, got to love living in California.
LuckyOne and my3sonsplus1 like this.
March 10th, 2013, 03:18 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I HAVE to go back at 6 weeks, and I probably won't have a daycare spot yet so I have no idea what I'm going to do about that.

March 10th, 2013, 05:55 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going back at 6 months.

My school district gives 6 weeks maternity amd then 12 weeks FMLA (unpaid) after that.

Last teacher work day is June 3rd or 4th this year so I'm doing 6 weeks maternity amd about 9 weeks FMLA and then summer break until we go back August 7th.
my3sonsplus1 likes this.

March 10th, 2013, 06:24 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to go back in 2 weeks. I will be 6 weeks pp. I did the same with my first. It sucks.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

March 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Super Mommy
I went back part time at 5 weeks PP and then full time at 6 weeks. I do work from home though.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

March 10th, 2013, 08:43 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This week is my last week off :-( I'm going back at the 6 week mark

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
March 11th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go back the first week of April. About 10.5 weeks. I know it is better than some but it still sucks. The US really needs to reform its thoughts on maternity leave imho.
CptStargel and rosiewells like this.

March 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Super Mommy
I drive a school bus, so it is part time. Which means I don't get paid for any of the time I was off. I've been off a total of 7 weeks now. Luckily, I only work about 3-4 hours a day. It might not sound worth it, but with DH unemployed, it pays the rent. I think I will quit if DH finds a job though and go back when DS is 2 and I can take him as a ride-along.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
March 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I could take up to 13 weeks off but I found out about 2 weeks ago only the first 6 will be paid and I left 2 weeks before Jacob was born so I'm trying to go back next week. I'm not sure it will happen though as I haven't heard back yet about my schedule. I won't mind too much if I don't though as I haven't seen any money from TDI yet and I've still managed to stay ahead on my bills.

March 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM
1st time mom
I wasn't working while pregnant but I will probably try to get a job when baby is 6 months old. That's if it's worth it when paying for child care otherwise ill be staying home. I would much rather stay home but we will see.
March 11th, 2013, 01:49 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I will be going back between 6-8 wks..this is week 3, so a lil ways to go! I'm starting to get so attached to this lil
Guy so i assume when its time it's gonna be real tough!
March 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The US approach to mat/family leave is barbaric, IMO. I go back to work next February. ps I live in Canada.
Ravado likes this.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Veteran
They officially put me back on the schedule May 11. I worked till 40 weeks and 3 days, so I'm taking full advantage of my 12 weeks off. Too bad I only get paid for 7 and that's barely at 1/2 pay.

March 14th, 2013, 08:29 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I just now finally got some money from TDI but was pleasantly surprised that they paid me the exact amount I would have made working and I ended up getting a sick day when I first left and 2 vacation days last week which was odd cause I hadn't earned any, but nice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search