anyone else???

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Veteran
M baby is 2 months old and wants to be held all the time. No matter where I put her down within 5 min she is crying. Is this just typical baby behavior or am I the one causing the problem by picking her up constantly?

March 19th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Super Mommy
My baby has been like this since week 3. I think it is normal. They are used the womb. The only thing that is saving me is a sling I have. My baby won't even let me lay him down to sleep so I know how you feel.
March 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM
MiaVena's Avatar Proud Mommy
so true~! my little monkey is very ... attached..

March 19th, 2013, 08:18 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All my babies have wanted to be held alot until they start doing more like rolling around, playing with toys, sitting up etc.

March 19th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine wants to be held a lot too, and sometimes won't sleep anywhere but on me. I know it's not the same as being able to put the baby down completely, but are you wearing her sometimes so that you can get some hands free time? I was using a baby Bjorne (which I still like), but recently discovered my little one gets really comfy in the moby wrap.

March 19th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
It's normal. Remember that babies are used to being with their mothers 24/7 then they get tossed out in the real world and are expected to just change to not being with her all the time.. then there's the fact that they haven't developed object permanence yet which means that when something goes out of sight, they don't know if it's ever coming back. They just know it was there and then it wasn't. You can't spoil a baby by holding it all the time. That's an old wives' tale. Things will calm down when object permanence develops and they start doing more things on their own.

March 20th, 2013, 06:49 AM
1st time mom
My baby loves to be held all the time but not just that she also wants whoever is holding her to be up and moving around. I love holding her but sometimes I just need to be able to put her down. On the up side I'm sure she's toning my arm muscles

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search