Eye color

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Surrounded

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Veteran
Has anyone had their baby's eye color change yet?

My baby still has his blue eyes but there is no way he is keeping those. There are zero blue eyes in his genetics.
March 26th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Super Mommy
I have very dark eyes, and out of my six kids, only one of them has dark eyes. The other five are varying shades of blue. I am including my latest little guy in this count, because my one son with dark eyes never had blue eyes at all. I know they say all Caucasian babies start blue, but his weren't blue or brown, they were just sort of dark, not really a 'color' when he was tiny. They gradually turned brown, but pretty quickly. All the rest started dark blue and the blue lightened to their current shade of blue or blue-grey.
March 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far her eyes have just gotten brighter. Blue eyes are all in my family, but DH has one blue eye and one green eye. Maddie's eyes are bright blue. Kind of hoping Reagan gets green eyes or one of each!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

March 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
MiaVena's Avatar Proud Mommy
Steven has his daddy s eyes - deep blue i hope it stays... My eyes are blue/grey...much lighter.
March 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
His eyes are blue right now. I have dark brown eyes and so do my girls. Dh has hazel eyes. This kid is my husband's clone so hopefully he will get his eye color too.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
March 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
We all have hazel eyes so I know she'll have hazel eyes as well. I wish they stayed this beautiful deep blue, though.

March 26th, 2013, 07:53 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still the grayish color here. I'm sure shell have dark brown eyes like the rest of us do though

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
March 27th, 2013, 02:44 AM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
His eyes are still bright blue..it'll be interesting to see what color they turn, I'm green and my husband is brown..
March 27th, 2013, 09:14 AM
*CrabLegs*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS was born with a weird dark greyish color but it seems to be getting some brown in it. I'm sure he'll have brown eyes like his father, he has his black hair and olive skin tone. DD is fair with light eyes (can't decide if they're hazel or green yet) like me, although mine are grey.

March 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
Hers are a lighter blue now, but I'm sure they will stay blue cause there are a lot of light eyes on my side of the family
March 27th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Creighton's are lightening up now but as to if they will be blue like the other children or some shade of blue grey like mine remains to be seen
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

March 27th, 2013, 05:33 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
BTDT moms What is your experience with bright blue eyes turning brown later? Does this happen often?
March 28th, 2013, 12:29 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
connor has blue eyes, so do my other 3 children, i have blue eyes and DH has green

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

March 28th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It looks like Lily's eyes will be brown or hazel. They are kind of a hazel color now. They appear more brownish sometimes though.
March 28th, 2013, 05:20 PM
1st time mom
Kylie has blue eyes for now.. It's a recessive gene in my family but I have hazel eyes and DH has brown so I am hoping that her eyes don't stay blue. I would love for her to get one of our eye colors.
March 29th, 2013, 09:22 PM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
Quote:
Originally Posted by calijk View Post
BTDT moms What is your experience with bright blue eyes turning brown later? Does this happen often?
I have 4 brown eyed babies now, and all of there eyes were all on the really dark side when they were born. That being said I also have 3 with blue eyes and they were born with baby blue eyes and they just got lighter. If your LO has bright blue eyes there is a chance they will turn brown but I will say they will more than likely stay blue.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
March 31st, 2013, 10:17 PM
Super Mommy
Blue is recessive. My husband has brown eyes as does his mom and uncles. His 1/2 sister and bio father all have brown eyes. I believe his grandparents did also but somewhere in there is blue because while I have blue eyes he had to carry the trait also. My oldest was born with eyes so intense they were almost purple and he has my blue eyes. My ds#2 was born with dark blue eyes that turned a lovely shade of brown by 6 months. Maggie was born with a medium kind of blue eyes that have just gotten lighter so I think she will definitely stay blue. Most babies don't change eye color after 6 months but they can change up to 18 months although there is less than a 1% chance of that happening. It happened to a friend's little boy so I asked our old pedi about it.
Rebelmommy likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 05:38 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I agree, My mother and I has blue eyes, but my father has brown DH's mother and father and DH have brown as well and all of our children together are blue eyed.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

April 8th, 2013, 08:15 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
Xander has his eye color change every day. Seriously, some days they look dark blue, some days they are greenish, some days they are grayish with a tint of brown. I have no idea what color they will end up. With my oldest, they were never blue.. they were always dark and she has dark brown eyes now. With my 2nd and 3rd, I could tell that they were going to be blue by 2wks old. They were BLUE BLUE, no chances of turning. We have a 50/50 shot of blue or brown. To me, they look too dark to stay blue.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search