Diaper question

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 02:32 PM
1st time mom
So sense baby has come home from the hospital she has had several dirty diapers a day. A lot of the time they are wet but every single time they have been poopy. She just does that a lot. Well today she has still had several wet diapers but not a single one of them has been poopy. I wanna say that her last poop diaper was last night before she went to bed. I'm not too concerned because she's not being any extra fussy, I don't think she's constipated... And she is still wetting plenty of diapers and eating normal. But i wonder why all the sudden the change.

Do your babies poop several times a day still, or is it slowing down already? I thought they did that for several months till we start introducing other foods.
March 28th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Veteran
aralyn pooped a lot the first 3-4 weeks and it had slowed down since. I'm sure she'll go when she's ready. I would call though if it gets past 48 hrs. At least that's what my dr says.
March 28th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Rose will sometimes go a day or two without a dirty diaper and she's not constipated. It's totally normal. Of course, I'm formula feeding so if you're breastfeeding the rules are a little different but I still wouldn't worry yet. I seem to remember hearing that FF or BF, you don't get concerned until like a week has passed without a dirty diaper.

March 28th, 2013, 04:30 PM
1st time mom
A week? That's a long time lol. I mostly breastfeed but I supplement with formula no more than twice a day. She doesn't act constipated but if she doesn't go after tomorrow ill give her doctor a call.
March 28th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Like Nyzira said, it's normal to go a day or a few without a bowel movement, and even having just one poopy diaper per week can be normal for some EBF babies. So your LO is likely just fine!

I am envious though; my son has had persistent diarrhea for about seven weeks. . When he has a non-poopy diaper I cheer, lol.

March 31st, 2013, 10:18 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I wouldn't call til after a week for a EBF baby. That's how my daughter was. No poops for days, and then she would just poop all day long! Have you tried bicycling her legs or gas drops? How I get Caleb to poop is I lean back on a pillow or on the couch and put my knees up and set him in the V shape of my belly and thighs. His thighs gently push on his belly and he just lets loose!

April 4th, 2013, 06:23 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
savannah only goes 2 times every 4 days or so , so it is normal if you are mostly nursing
April 8th, 2013, 08:02 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
I'd give it atleast 5 days if baby isn't acting fussy and uncomfortable. My DS1 went 2 weeks without pooping and I was concerned but later found out that it was perfectly normal for a baby that is EBF.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search