Pp bleeding

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chickadee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 05:35 PM
1st time mom
Sorry that my questions always come in bulk.

Ok I am 5 weeks pp and still bleeding. It's not bad, nor is it everyday.. But about twice a week ill bleed kind of like a period (more than spotting). So my question is this: if I am still bleeding next week (I have my 6 week check up on wednesday) am I suppose to cancel my appointment? I mean..my doctor isn't going to want to check out my lady area if I'm still bleeding.

Side note: this needs to stop ASAP.
March 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had some bleeding for a bit longer than 6 weeks, though it was sporadic at the end. Pretty sure that's within the range of normal. Still, I feel for you; I got so sick of wearing pads or liners all the time! Definitely keep your follow up appt regardless. Your doctor will want to check on your recovery, and it will be an opportunity to ask about the bleeding.
Rebelmommy likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM
1st time mom
Well this better not last more than 6 weeks. I need to normal again lol. Hate wearing pads.
March 29th, 2013, 08:00 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine mostly went away at four weeks with occasional spotting. My NP said its normal. Also, after my first kid in pretty site they checked me but after 2 and 3 they did not. I'm not sure what changed. All they did was take my blood pressure, weight, and talk about birth control at my PP visit.

March 29th, 2013, 12:55 PM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At 6 weeks I was still getting a spotting day here and there. One was week 5 after I tried some really lightweight lunges the previous day. So you may have just overdone it the day before you get some spotting. Definitely ask about it at the doctor though.
March 29th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymustard View Post
Mine mostly went away at four weeks with occasional spotting. My NP said its normal. Also, after my first kid in pretty site they checked me but after 2 and 3 they did not. I'm not sure what changed. All they did was take my blood pressure, weight, and talk about birth control at my PP visit.
Same here for my pp visit. With my first, I got an exam. I never went after my 2nd (doctor kept rescheduling so I didn't go). and with this one, they just weighed me, asked if I had any issues to talk about and talked to me about bc and sent me on my merry way. It was kind of a waste of time and energy, IMO, dragging all 3 kids with me..

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
March 31st, 2013, 08:26 AM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Mine went away at 4 weeks PP
March 31st, 2013, 11:05 PM
Super Mommy
Definitely keep your appt. An OB will typically still see you even when you are having a period as long as you aren't bleeding heavily. I have my 6 week pp tomorrow and I still have spotting from time to time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search