who cosleeps?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Nyzira
  • 2 Post By spicymustard

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Veteran
I have Aralyn a crib but after she was 6 weeks old and I moved from one house to another I stopped putting her in the bassinet and started putting her in bed with me. I have done my research and it seems people are either very for co-sleeping or very against. My fear is having a 4 year old years from now in my bed because she won't be able to sleep alone. Thoughts/experience appreciated. Also if you have switched from co sleeping to putting them in their crib how did you go about doing it?

March 31st, 2013, 06:04 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Co-slept with my first for the first few months then moved her to the pack n play in the bedroom with us for a while then moved her to the crib for a couple of months then to her big bed... all without clingy issues. She will occasionally want to get into bed with me in the middle of the night but I think any kid, whether you co-sleep or not, is going to want to do that after certain scary dreams or something. I'm currently co-sleeping with Rose and don't anticipate any problems when I get ready to move her, either. I think it's all in HOW you transition.

March 31st, 2013, 06:42 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep. We've coslept with all of them and love it.

March 31st, 2013, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyzira View Post
Co-slept with my first for the first few months then moved her to the pack n play in the bedroom with us for a while then moved her to the crib for a couple of months then to her big bed... all without clingy issues. She will occasionally want to get into bed with me in the middle of the night but I think any kid, whether you co-sleep or not, is going to want to do that after certain scary dreams or something. I'm currently co-sleeping with Rose and don't anticipate any problems when I get ready to move her, either. I think it's all in HOW you transition.
I agree. It's how you make the transition. We did an accent wall and set up DD1 bed and she loved it from the beginning.
March 31st, 2013, 09:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We co sleep. Both girls were in our bed for about a year. Cruz will be too. They all are in our bed in the mornings and we all start out in one bed and watch Tv before bedtime.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
March 31st, 2013, 09:26 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I co sleep. I co slept with Madison until she was 3 months. At that time she was squirmy, hot and loud so I took it as her wanting her own space. How I did it isn't exactly ideal, but having a job to wake up to makes you cut corners sometimes. I put her in her swing. Sometimes she would fight it and I'd sit there with her til she fell asleep with her swing, bink and nature noises. In the middle of the night I would feed breastfeed her before she woke up completely and then she would sleep in her crib okay. She was fully weaned from her swing at 10 months. I rolled up a blanket and put it under the cover to make it uncomfortable so she would rather sleep in her crib. She has a special blanket and goes down with a bink. I think people with 4 yr olds in their bed want them in their bed. There are many gentle methods to get an independent sleeper without crying it out.

March 31st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Super Mommy
We kind of do both. Maggie started out only sleeping on my chest then at 2 weeks slept next to me. After that she went into the swing at night. She will be 6 weeks tomorrow and I have started her putting her in her bassinet for her afternoon nap provided we are actually home at that time. Sometimes, she wakes up around 4 to nurse and when she does I keep her with me when she is done rather than put her back in her swing. My boys didn't cosleep and my oldest started coming in our room when he was about 3 to sleep with us in the middle of the night and now my 2 1/2 year old comes in around 2:30 each night. Whether I keep him with me or take him back to his room we don't have any fussing and I don't anticipate and with Maggie either.
April 1st, 2013, 06:31 AM
Veteran
Wow that's great, but when I put Aralyn anywhere but with me she screams. I pick her up and try to calm her down then I lay her back down. As soon as
I do she screams again. I tried several nights of a swing and a rock n play sleeper with all the same results. On those nights we both get no sleep. I don't want her to cry it out but I dont know what else to do.

April 1st, 2013, 07:19 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
We do some nights, not by choice. I would rather him sleep in his own bed and he always starts out in there but then he gets so upset and doesn't want to go to sleep that I put him in bed with me in the end and he falls asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

April 1st, 2013, 07:43 AM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
I have co-slept with all of my children, Ethan is right in the bed with me, but my 18 month old dd we transition her into her toddler bed and she sleeps through the night with out any problems. Kids will surprise you with how well they will do when you decide to put them in there own bed. I still miss my other kids sleeping beside me so its me that has more problems with them in there big beds, and every now and again when we have a big thunderstorm I will have all of them cuddling with me lol.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
April 1st, 2013, 07:50 AM
Super Mommy
We partially cosleep. Shelby will go down in her crib most times but then depending on what time she does her feeding will depend on when she comes to our bed.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

April 1st, 2013, 09:02 PM
Veteran
We transitioned dd1 at 3 mths to her crib and are planning at 2 mths for dd2. She sleeps with us either between us or in her nursing pillow propped up .
April 2nd, 2013, 11:17 AM
Veteran
Eric Jr. is in bed with us, will stay as long as he wants.
April 2nd, 2013, 02:29 PM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
I co-sleep with savannah and I will until she starts going longer at night without eating , than I will put her in a pack n play
April 2nd, 2013, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We co-sleep. I was frightened to have her in the bed with us at first, and slept with my daughter in the recliner. Now that Lily is larger and I am more comfortable and confident, she sleeps with us in the bed. We do have a pack and play bassinet next to the bed. We have tried to put her in it a few times, with no luck. Hoping to make the transition to her own sleeping space at some point.
April 8th, 2013, 08:04 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
We kinda do. I'm trying to be better about Xander being in bed with us since I had a hard time getting 2 of my other kids out of my bed. I breastfeed, so we have the PNP set up next to my bed and when he gets up, I'll nurse in the side-laying position and he can nurse while I sleep and he falls asleep himself after awhile (or nurses while sleeping) and then when I wake up I put him back into his PNP. Sometimes I wake up within a 1/2hr of him eating and other times it will be 2-3hrs before I wake up.
April 9th, 2013, 05:07 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
FTM. I wanted to cosleep until 6 months as I read that is the best to prevent SIDS. However, she outgrew the Rock N Play we were using as a bassinet (Her feet hang over the end of it! She is tall!). So, we started her in the crib with a baby monitor. She sleeps from 8PM to 6AM, and she is breastfeed. Doc wasn't happy at first, but she is gaining weight just fine (83rd percentile). I know we are so blessed that she is such a good sleeper. It's consistent. About once per week she'll wake up at 3 or 4, but the crib has been AWESOME!

Now my only problem is she is moving, getting out of her swaddle and ending up somewhere in the crib where we did not put her, usually with her feet turned 180 degrees!
April 9th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Veteran
I have been doing a lot better with co-sleeping now. She is right beside the bed in a rock n play currently then at 3 months I want to try the crib. We'll see how that goes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search