Bedtime routines

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nyzira

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Veteran
I know we have had some threads about where baby sleeps and who cosleeps but I was curious as to if anyone had a bedtime routine and what it is or when do you plan to start one?

We don't really have a routine. Joseph will sleep pretty well for about 10 hours (nursing a few time but going right back to sleep) as long as he gets to sleep next to me. He is horrible at sleeping by himself and even at naps I have to lay down next to him. We do swaddle at night. I had stopped after a few weeks but he fails him arms so bad it would wake me up so back in the swaddle he went.

The one way he likes to fall asleep for naps and bedtime is to be walked up and down the hall sort of bouncing too. He loves it and nothing else works (rocking, swinging, pacifying) and it is fine because it works but he is getting too heavy to do this 4-5 times a day.

Any routines that work well for you?
April 16th, 2013, 03:49 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
No real routine just yet.. atleast not one with a time frame. Since I'm nursing, somewhere between 9 and 11pm I nurse him and then he falls asleep and I can lay him down and he'll be out for about 5hrs. We'll likely get a routine for bedtime around 6mos old though.
April 16th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Rose gets a final bottle about 7pm then falls asleep about 7:30. That's her out until about 5am-ish. No routine to it. She'll fall asleep on my shoulder, in the crook of my knee while sitting on the bed, lying next to me, lying in her bassinet, in her car seat, on her tummy or on her back. I've been lucky in that both my girls can fall asleep anywhere.
LuckyOne likes this.

April 16th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyzira View Post
Rose gets a final bottle about 7pm then falls asleep about 7:30. That's her out until about 5am-ish. No routine to it. She'll fall asleep on my shoulder, in the crook of my knee while sitting on the bed, lying next to me, lying in her bassinet, in her car seat, on her tummy or on her back. I've been lucky in that both my girls can fall asleep anywhere.
Are you serious? My baby still has to be bounced for at least 20 minutes and is very fussy about how you lay him. You are lucky.
April 16th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No routine really other than diaper change, lay down, boob, sleep.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
April 17th, 2013, 09:16 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I guess our routine starts with Pea's routine. She goes down at 830pm and I rock her to sleep with her bottle. Although she never really falls asleep, I lay her in her crib awake. But after that Caleb and I we hang out downstairs and play on the internet or watch court shows. I'll nurse him, lay him down on the couch and clean the house up. Between 10-11 we go upstairs, I give him a fresh butt and then we lay down. I might fb on my phone and watch tv til I fall asleep. It's amazing, if his bink isn't in his face I hold it in my hand all night, and I never lose it in the sheets!

April 18th, 2013, 05:17 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
no routine really, but she usually will nurse around 8:30 or 9 and she will go to bed and i lay her down and she will sleep till about 1 and i nurse her again and she goes back to sleep , she will eat at least 2 more time during the night
April 18th, 2013, 07:49 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She usually nurses between 730-830 and goes down for the night. I won't start a bath, book, bed routine until a little later.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
April 20th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No real routine here. We go to bed around midnight, and she is usually pretty ready for sleep at that point. Naps during the day are a different story though. For most of her naps Lily has to be held and swayed/rocked to music.
April 20th, 2013, 05:31 PM
mykesmomma's Avatar Veteran
I start in between 7 or 8. Every other night she gets a bath. But every night I use the Johnsons bedtime lotion. I always feed her in our bedroom sitting on the bed with the lights and tv off and a dim bedside lamp on. I feed her and she usually takes between 3-4 ounces, sometimes 5 or 6. She sleeps until 2 or 3, she eats again and will sleep until around 7 and then shes up for the day.

Mychael Todd Allen 10/29/2004
My angel baby went to heaven 1/13/2006
Isabella Rose 2/12/2013
April 21st, 2013, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No strict routine, but I usually start around 8:30 and he falls asleep between 9:30 and 10:30. Diaper change, get him changed into pjs, nurse. If he falls asleep nursing the first time he'll sometimes go down then, otherwise it's another diaper change, rocking, nursing again and then sleep. He seems to want to tank up in the evenings, so I usually nurse a lot (3-4times) between 7pm and and the time he falls asleep. Once he goes down he'll sleep for 3-5 hours. He's usually up for a diaper change and to nurse 2-3 times before he wakes up for the day, but he's really good at going back to sleep after he eats.

I would love to get him to go down earlier at night, but his reflux is worst in the evenings and he never seems content enough to sleep until after 9pm. I can't even get through a book in the evenings without him crying and needing to nurse or be held upright on my shoulder.

April 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyzira View Post
Man, I can't wait until my little one sleeps that long!! The longest stretch of sleep I've had since his birth was probably 5 hours. Normally I don't get more than 3.5 hours continuous.

April 21st, 2013, 05:11 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I finally got her on a routine over the last few weeks since going back to work. It's based around my 2 year old's routine and the same routine that I did with her when she was a teeny tiny babe. I feed DD1 dinner at 5:30pm, then bath at 6:00pm for both. Then DD1 lays on the couch with her blankie and the Ipad playing last minute games while I feed and burp Reagan and lay her down in the crib. After she settles then it's off to bed with DD1. Usually they are both asleep by 7:30 at the latest. They are sleeping in the same room so I have to make sure one is asleep before the other goes in. Reagan sleeps til 4am and I get up and start getting ready for work and wake DD1 at 5:30am and we all 3 leave the house at 6:10am every day.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search