How are you enjoying your wine, coffee, sushi etc?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By jeangeorge2742728
  • 3 Post By Sassalota
  • 2 Post By chickadee
  • 1 Post By tryn1998

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Has everyone indulged in all those things that we were longing for when we were pregnant?

I felt a little guilty the first time I had wine after Lily's birth. I must admit, it does feel amazing to have a glass of wine now and then. I did up my coffee intake more too. Definitely needed it in the beginning. Haven't had sushi yet, maybe soon.
April 29th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Veteran
I just do decaf coffee. I also do a little caffeinated tea. I am thinking about wine for the summer but we nurse to often now to try. If I had a 3-4 hour stretch all the time then I would think about it.
April 29th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
*cry* There are far, far fewer things I can eat now in comparison to when I was pregnant. For the last almost 6 weeks I've been on a super restricted diet to try to improve my son's reflux. My lunches and dinners are sauteed zucchini with ground turkey and brown rice. Every lunch and dinner, every day. Nothing but water to drink. I crave EVERYTHING that's not turkey, rice, zucchini, pears and potatoes. One day, one day...

April 29th, 2013, 08:31 PM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
For the first time in my life back a in March I drank Smirnoff Screwdrivers, Needless to say I was the life of the party, so I have picked to drinking ever now and again to relax, I always have a sober babysitter usually my mom to watch all 7 of the kids overnight for us. I am 28 years old and this is the first time I have ever drank so it feels good to let loose on occasion.
Rebelmommy likes this.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
April 30th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
*cry* There are far, far fewer things I can eat now in comparison to when I was pregnant. For the last almost 6 weeks I've been on a super restricted diet to try to improve my son's reflux. My lunches and dinners are sauteed zucchini with ground turkey and brown rice. Every lunch and dinner, every day. Nothing but water to drink. I crave EVERYTHING that's not turkey, rice, zucchini, pears and potatoes. One day, one day...
How is he doing? It is better? My little one had huge issues that I am off all grains, dairy and citrus. He was a little better. The thing that worked the best was changing the way I nursed. I nurse 3 times on ones side before I switch to make sure he gets the most fatty milk. It has helped. I on the other hand look really hot with one huge boob and one saggy empty one. Hang in there.
April 30th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeangeorge2742728 View Post
For the first time in my life back a in March I drank Smirnoff Screwdrivers, Needless to say I was the life of the party, so I have picked to drinking ever now and again to relax, I always have a sober babysitter usually my mom to watch all 7 of the kids overnight for us. I am 28 years old and this is the first time I have ever drank so it feels good to let loose on occasion.
I would say you have earned it. 7 kids and your only 28. Yeah if you have a baby sitter, go have some drinkies once in a while to relax.
April 30th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't give up coffee when pregnant I only cut back. I have increased my quantity now. I had sushi the night before he was born and in the 3rd trimester I had wine twice at the very end. Both times it was about half a glass. I drink a couple glasses a week. I don't get drunk, not even close and I don't pimp and dump.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
April 30th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassalota View Post
How is he doing? It is better? My little one had huge issues that I am off all grains, dairy and citrus. He was a little better. The thing that worked the best was changing the way I nursed. I nurse 3 times on ones side before I switch to make sure he gets the most fatty milk. It has helped. I on the other hand look really hot with one huge boob and one saggy empty one. Hang in there.
He is SO much better. I complain about my diet (a lot, especially to my husband) and the fact that I can't ever eat out, can't ever eat any convenience foods, etc., but I have no doubt whatsoever that it's worth it. I truly have a happy, comfortable baby now, whereas the first 8 weeks I cried along with him every single day. Last week I ate something I shouldn't have (a sugar-free popsicle), and the 1.5 days of discomfort and crying that resulted was an excellent reminder of just how tough things were before and why I need to keep sticking to this diet like glue. And now that we've got the meds stable and I can try introducing new foods, I think it will get better with time... I am on day 3 of bananas introduction, and so far no reactions, so I think I may have a new food I can eat! I never thought I'd be so excited about bananas, LOL.

I'm really sorry that you've been dealing with the same issues. I know how hard it is - on your son AND on you. I'm glad to hear that the diet and especially nursing changes made a real difference for you and your son. The lengths to which we're willing to go to keep nursing our babies... restricted diets and mismatched boobs and all kinds of other things. It makes me really proud to be a mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeangeorge2742728 View Post
I agree with Sassalota - you've definitely earned a few drinks!!!

April 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLM View Post
I didn't give up coffee when pregnant I only cut back. I have increased my quantity now. I had sushi the night before he was born and in the 3rd trimester I had wine twice at the very end. Both times it was about half a glass. I drink a couple glasses a week. I don't get drunk, not even close and I don't pimp and dump.
At the BFing class I took the lactation consultant told us that there was no need to pump and dump unless you are really feeling the alcohol. Before that, not enough alcohol is getting into the breastmilk to be any sort of problem.
AmyLM and Rebelmommy like this.

April 30th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Exactly.which is why I don't worry about it. Plus, getting drunk just isn't my thing. I did that plenty before kids.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
April 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
The only thing I really wanted was to sleep on my stomach. I can't wait to get a date night to have an alcoholic drink though.
Rebelmommy likes this.
May 4th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Super Mommy
I would like some soda. I has some Mugs Root Beer when I was pregnant but not since having Maggie. I tried it once or twice and noticed soda tends to give her gas. I do drink sweet tea though.
May 5th, 2013, 03:43 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still haven't had what I consider excellent sushi, but some great smoked salmon, which was delightful. Unfortunately, although not as bad as some mom's here have it, she doesn't tolerate large amounts of dairy very well. Since I'm living in the land of awesome cheese and butter for the next month, this is really cruel. But I find if I have just small amounts she's fine. It was just that initial arrival day when I looked back on it and realized I had cheese with each meal plus a bowl of milk in the morning.

I haven't really been able or had much desire to drink much, but a few half-glasses of wine and some fine beers (again, I'm also in the land of beer here, so thankfully she tolerates yeasty beer better than cheese) have been very nice.

My poor friend who is due in July and has a heck of a time with morning sickness the whole time is just dying for a good cocktail and sushi right now.
June 3rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
Ive been enjoying all the above! But, I don't over-indulge on the wine though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search