How do you play?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chickadee
  • 1 Post By tryn1998

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 12:46 PM
1st time mom
How do you play with your baby? What toys are you using and what activities?

Kylie likes anything that makes noise, she loves looking in mirrors and she loves for me to hold her in front of my face while I talk to her at eye level.. She will coo as if having a conversation with me.

But I'm not gonna lie.. I get tired of doing the same activities over and over again every day. On nice days we go for a walk and she loves anytime that we go anywhere...but when we are at home I tend to get repetitive. We switch back and forth between the bouncer, swing, play mat, and Bombo chair. Over and over again. She hates being put in the sling but she loves to be carried.. Just makes it hard to get things done.
April 30th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You know, other than the toys hanging from his play mat and bouncy seat, my son doesn't seem all that interested in other toys yet. I keep pulling them out, but he pays them little attention. I'm guessing that will come later? Anyway... our "activities" generally include time on the playmat, talking (me talking to him and him cooing back while he is on his back or sitting propped up), singing, walks in the stroller, trips out (the store, the mall, anywhere just to get out of the house ), and what I call "cooking class" - which is him in his rocker in the kitchen with me while I talk to him about what I'm cooking.
Rebelmommy likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
You know, other than the toys hanging from his play mat and bouncy seat, my son doesn't seem all that interested in other toys yet. I keep pulling them out, but he pays them little attention. I'm guessing that will come later? Anyway... our "activities" generally include time on the playmat, talking (me talking to him and him cooing back while he is on his back or sitting propped up), singing, walks in the stroller, trips out (the store, the mall, anywhere just to get out of the house ), and what I call "cooking class" - which is him in his rocker in the kitchen with me while I talk to him about what I'm cooking.
I love the cooking class idea! We use the bassinet he hated to sleep inwhile I cook and it is a show!

I just read this one online today- flashlight dancing: Gets some flashlights and shut off the lights and put on a show (add music if you like). Also I like to use a straw and blow on his legs and arms. I read about that one online too. We do all the normal stuff like swinging, rocking etc. My hubby is really good at games like moving his legs and arms to pretend he is playing a sport. He knows when we let him win because he smiles really big. He loves driving a race car......my husbands hobby of course. We are starting the brain washing early.
April 30th, 2013, 08:10 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
Right now we just talk and do itsy bitsy spider, peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake. Otherwise, we'll use the bouncer and playmat to entertain him. He seems to think monkeys are funny.
Rebelmommy likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 03:44 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
We use the baby swing, playmat, talking/singing to him, tickles, put music on for him as he likes that lol

May 2nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
We basically do what Chickadee does. Creighton does not seem interested in to many of his toys right now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search