Swimming and summer plans

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM
1st time mom
I can't remember if I read about it here or if the post was in another playroom... But when the temperature is right who plans to take their babies swimming this summer? I can't wait to use the pool again! I think it's so important to teach kids how to swim and I plan on getting her use to the pool as soon as I think it's warm enough. She seems to enjoy bath time alright so I'm hoping she will love the water as much as I do!

Anyone have Ny big plans for the summer?
April 30th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Super Mommy
We will be taking Shelby to the pool but just making sure we go earlier in the day or later in the evening with this Texas heat. When she turns 6 months we will be doing mommy and me swim lessons.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

April 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My inlaws have a vacation home on a (small, calm, man-made) lake a couple hours away, so I will definitely be taking Munchkin swimming there as soon as the air/water temps are warm enough! He loves splashing around in his bathtub, so I'm hoping he'll like swimming in the lake as much as I do.

April 30th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wont be taking Lily out into the pool this summer. We live in Southern California, and it is too hot. I want to wait until she is older/bigger. Maybe next Spring.
April 30th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Super Mommy
We are going to do the classes at 6 months. I doubt anything before then because of weather not being that warm in ND. I can't wait either.
April 30th, 2013, 09:08 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
We'll attempt it but a lot of the times he isn't thrilled with baths still, so I don't know how much he will actually like it. It's hot here but the pool isn't warm enough just yet.
May 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
We will probably be at the beach or the pool almost everyday once the other kids are home for the summer
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

May 2nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm afraid she seems to have her father's sense of temperature not mine, which means we're in store for a lot of whining once the weather is warm. And given her aversion to bath water--she arches her back to keep as much of her body out of the water as possible--I think introduction to the lake (not my preference, but it's what we have near us) might not go so well. But we will try.
May 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took nora once already in a warm pool and she loved it! I can not wait to open our pool for the summer. I figure once it is warm enough for me she will be good since I require it warm to go in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search