Pre-Pregnancy Clothes

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sassalota

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I finally decided to try on some of my pre-pregnancy pants/jeans. Yes, it has taken me over 3 months to try them on! Call me lazy, in denial, or totally in love with the stretchy bands on my maternity pants! Any who, I do not fit them at all. I have this new pouchy-flab thing going on up front. Which, I am okay with, for now. I (kind of) just had a baby. I will hold onto all my pre-pregnancy pants, in hopes of someday, with exercise, I will be able to fit them again. Now I just need to go shopping for new pants/jeans.

How is everyone doing with their pre-pregnancy clothes?
May 26th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I am ashamed to say it, but I never really gave up my pre-pregnancy clothes this time around, I just wore them with rubber bands around the buttons and a belly band to cover that up, but I was very small and only gained 25 pounds and had a really small baby too!
I have been back in my pre-pregnancy clothes (without the rubber bands and belly bands) this time around since he was 3 weeks old, however that being said.. with my previous son I did not fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes for almost 2 years, even though I exercised a LOT. I don't stress about it, because, well.. I made a person and my DH loves me regardless, so if society doesn't think I fit their standard of what I should look like and when well that is thier problem

I still have some jiggly skin and need to work on muscle tone but to be honest I don't care about all that at the moment (and even wore a bikini to the beach the other day, because after seeing what some young people who haven't had babies are wearing, well I figured I could get away with mine too!) I am spending my time concentrating on enjoying my little man and not stressing about how I look or "should look"
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

May 26th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Super Mommy
I can wear most of my casual pants (haven't tried my dress pants as those are more fitted). I cannot wear ANY of my tops with my nursing boobs. I stocked up on Hanyes tshirts which are not me at all. I usually like cute tops but these are comfy and don't emphasis that of which does not need to be emphasized any more right now

I haven't exercised but I have had to follow a strict diet for nursing so I think that has helped. I can tell my body is a different shape. I used to be firm with curves. Now I am skinny (not firm) without curves....more just rounded. LOL. My pants fit loser because I don't have the curves or muscle tone but I am ok with it because I love being a mom and we will all get old and wrinkling one day anyway even if you don't have babies so you might as well use that body for babies because they are the best thing ever!
Rebelmommy likes this.
May 26th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My body has definitely changed after two kids and it hasn't snapped back like it did after baby number one.... Needless to say, I'm not fitting my pre pregnancy clothes the same. I haven't worked out except for walking because I have a hernia and separated abdominal muscles. I'm afraid of hurting myself. The good thing though is that I lost weight initially and have kept it off. Also, she's less than six months so I feel OK with my current mommy body.
May 27th, 2013, 10:39 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I switched back to pre-pregnancy clothes around 6 weeks. I have the pooch in the front though. Have since DD1 was born

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
May 27th, 2013, 08:02 PM
*CrabLegs*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in one pair of my pre-pregnancy pants but that's the only pair I've tried on. Well, technically I never stopped wearing my yoga and sweat pants even when I was 9 mo pregnant but I don't count that. My smaller size jeans (from before DD #1) I have yet to try on and don't expect to be in anytime soon. I'm working on getting back to my old size though, little by little. I swear BF makes it actually harder for me to lose weight.

May 29th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Super Mommy
I have 2 pairs of shorts 1 pair of jeans and 2 pairs of dress pants. All of them are my fat clothes though. Where I live now isn't exactly exercise friendly. My pre preggo shirts that fit my belly don't all fit my chest, especially not my dress shirts. It took me quite a but longer to get active after having Maggie due to the c/sec.

Part of my problem is when I get stressed or anxiety I bake. The last couple weeks have had my anxiety levels through the roof. But, I have started baking dog treats instead of people treats and planning healthier meals along with paying more attention to portion size. It just seems with nursing I feel the need to eat so much more.
May 30th, 2013, 06:21 AM
1st time mom
I started wearing pre pregnancy clothes around week 5/6. My pants all fit me normal but my tops deffinately wear different on me now. Oh well. It was just nice to get my closet back and have more than 8 shirts to choose from. (Didn't buy a whole lot of maternity clothes)
May 30th, 2013, 06:40 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I suppose technically I am in some of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but no pants that were fitted and none of my tiny girl-t-shirts. I lost all muscle tone during pregnancy and even if delivery hadn't left me not able to do more than walking for exercise (as I like to say with just a *touch* of hyperbole: "well, my vagina did fall out"), I'm not really sure when I'd have time to exercise with this darling, but rather high maintenance, little girl. I will admit it, I don't like the body right now. I am a little disappointed in myself that I had that reaction, but there it is. I don't know that I'll get the old body back, but I will try, and in the meantime work on the mind part, to make myself more forgiving of myself.

My sister sent me this note a couple of months ago, when she knew I was feeling a little bleh about the body. It was perfect timing, and weirdly enough made me feel better:

"Btw, I saw a picture of Gisele bundchen with her 3 month old
baby. Although she is genetically gifted and looked
ridiculously good (you or I will never have gams like
those), she was wearing a bikini still had about a 5-month
size baby bump belly. "
May 30th, 2013, 07:07 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I am not in my pre pregnancy clothes, I had to buy a whole new wardrobe!

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

May 31st, 2013, 06:40 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My pp pants fit but I still have the jelly belly I need to work on. Tops are hit and miss depending on length with my bf boobs too.

June 3rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Hokie Nicole's Avatar Super Mommy
I am in a few things - shirts are mostly ok unless super fitted. I still have a noticeable belly and working on getting into more of my jeans. I dropped 30 of the 40 pounds in 3 weeks but these last 10 are tough and in a different place than I expected.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search