Any EBF mommies a "women" again

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Veteran
I was just curious if any breastfeeding mommies are on their cycles. I feel like death this week. Tired, back pain, body aches, cravings, crabby. I think I might be having a hormonal cycle without the flow (if there is such a thing).

Either that, or I am pregnant again or possibly dieing.
June 8th, 2013, 07:51 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering when this might strike. No sign yet. Although thank god a little estrogen appears to be flowing again (never been so happy to have to shave my arm pits). The lack thereof and it's charming effect on the elasticity of all sorts of parts of my body makes me feel and look (to my eyes) like the oldest new mom in the world.
June 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Veteran
Does estrogen help with elasticity? I need some of that. I was wondering this morning when the last time I shaved my pits was. LOL. There was nothing there. Maybe it will be a while for me then.
June 8th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing here yet. I did have an IUD put in a while ago, so I have on and off spotting from that. I too am curious when AF will be here again. My guess is when our little ones start solids?
June 10th, 2013, 01:57 PM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A nurse at my practice told me about the lack of estrogen causing reduced elasticity and thus prolonging the lovely stress incontinence problem back at 8 weeks when I called in a panic. (The doctor's reply was let me know how it is in six months...then we'll worry. Turns out he was right, it's slowly getting better.) It then occurred to me that at menopause, the lack of estrogen can also make women look older suddenly. So I put it together that my sad face in the mirror was not just exhaustion -- or sudden aging -- but rather that lack of estrogen. OK, and being really tired.

(I admit here that I just bought myself a really nice jar of face cream that people swear by in helping cheer things up a bit.)
June 10th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Veteran
That is actually great news because I have had control issue too. It s getting better but nice to know more help is on the way.
June 13th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I ebf and have had two periods already. With dd1 I got it when she was four months. I did have AF symptoms without the flow at about month two.
June 17th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am exclusively breastfeeding but I have had my period pretty consistently since the birth

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
June 23rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
I had 1 period at 6wks and haven't had one since. I started with DS at 4 mos so we will see how long I go this time around.
June 23rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes mine came back at 11 weeks pp. the joy!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 26th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Veteran
No sign of AF for me.
August 6th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Krysie's Avatar Regular
AF came for her first visit since giving birth last week. was worried about being pregnant again but yay for me.

August 19th, 2013, 12:36 PM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
No sign of AF here but with my son I got it at 8 months PP so will see how long it takes this time
August 20th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I still haven't had even 1 PP AF which stinks because I am anxious to start TTC again
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search