Shrinking Those Tinker Bellies Check In June 25 to July 1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Shrinking Tinker Bellies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Four days on Weight Watchers and I've lost 1 1/2 lbs!! Only 14 more to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, although my body likes to hold onto that last 5 lbs so I probably won't get all the way back down until I stop breastfeeding. Weight Watchers is not that bad. Yesterday I couldn't even eat everything that I was suppose to eat. They give you lots of points if you are breastfeeding.

For Monday, I got up and did 40 minutes of circuit training. It was hard this morning because I had to get up and workout before my first day back to work. No fun and I miss my little Jacob already.

For breakfast I had some oatmeal, lunch is an egg salad sandwich and strawberries. Dinner will be white beans and turkey sausage (a recipe I got from weight watchers - if it's any good I'll post in the recipe section).

I hope everybody has a great Monday!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 25th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to join in Today Cole and I are walking about a mile to the coffee shop (we do this almost every morning). It's gym night for DH and I so I will do 30 minutes on the elliptical, 5 minutes of jump rope, and some arm exercises. I think I will start abs too because they are so weak!!

For breakfast im having cereal and a spoon full of peanut butter. Lunch will be a turkey and swiss sandwich. For dinner I am making Chinese meatballs with sesame rice. For snacks I have organic bananas, carrots, and pretzel thins.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
June 25th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Yay!! Glad you are joining in Kellye. My abs are really weak also. I have been trying to work them several times a week to try to get some tone back, but it is going to take a while. They took a beating during my pregnancy.

and how in the world do you jump rope for 5 minutes. I don't think I could jump rope for 1 minute..lol.

June 25th, 2012, 11:43 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Agreed, re jumping rope! Yikes!

I have to post this pic here because I'm SO FRICKIN' HAPPY that I got to play hockey again yesterday.

I'm hoping to do a mid-season evaluation soon and get placed into the women's league here again within the next couple of weeks. Just gotta make sure that the back stays stable over the next couple of days.

Today I'm taking it easy to help the back settle. I'm going to do an arm workout DVD and some stretching whenever Kira naps next.
Beachbabies and melissalaw like this.
June 25th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Great Picture Carolyn. Kira is getting so big.

June 25th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lol I should have clarified: jump rope, 1 minute, 5 times
melissalaw likes this.

June 25th, 2012, 04:08 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I weighed myself (not something I like to do). I'm down 38 pounds since having JR! Seems like the regular walks and dancing are working!

Today, we met up with a group of moms who are homeschooling (I plan on starting in January with Allison) and we walked around the track while the kids played on the playground. I walked with JR in his Moby for an hour, according to the pedometer, it was 3.07 miles.

Breakfast was a Luna bar (wanted to get to the park before the heat), lunch was 3 tacos from Taco Bell (a nice splurge), and dinner is going to be oven baked fried chicken with corn flake breading, rice, mixed veggies, and cherries.

Carolyn, doesn't it feel great to get back to your former activities? I enjoyed getting back to clogging last week, too.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 26th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Today is a not a gym day, so I'm going to go on a nice long walk with Cole around the lakes by our house. The total there, around and back is probably about 4 miles. Then I'll probably do some stretching

For food all I know so far is that I'm making egg on toast with some cayenne pepper for breakfast.

Hmm....dinner. A light summery pasta sounds good.

June 26th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Today, we have lots of errands (Target, Wal-Mart, grocery shopping,insurance office, and maybe the mall for a play group) so I'll just use all that walking as my excercise!

Food, oatmeal for breakfast, lunch is going to be sandwiches, fruit and a veggie, dinner will be leftovers from the weekend (whole wheat tacos or spaghetti).

My Blog
June 26th, 2012, 08:26 AM
This morning I got up and did 40 minutes of step aerobics and circuit training. I was pretty tired and didn't think I would get up but Jacob got up about 25 minutes before I wanted to work out so I fed him then got up. He's a great alarm clock..lol.

For breakfast, I had scrambled eggs with some tomatos. Lunch will be an egg salad sandwich with a banana and dinner is some pork kabobs and vegetable kabobs cooked on the grill. For snacks I'll be having some canteloupe and some cherries. I just love this time of year with all the good fruit that you can get.

June 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Yum, I agree about the fruit!

Normally on my walks with Kira in the Ergo, we walk down our hill and back up. I decided that was stupid because then the hard part (uphill) is at the end! So today we walked up the hill until it ends at a gate and fire road, then walked down the fire road until a washout. All told it was .9 mile and my pedometer said it the elevation climb was the equivalent of 16 flights of stairs.
June 26th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Well, after doing my errands I came home and stripped all of my cloth diapers. That is quite a workout when you have 41 pocket diapers and liners to wash! I also picked up a new walking DVD for those days that are too hot to workout or we want a change. I'll probably do that for a few days since I'm getting tired of walking the same route everyday.

My Blog
June 26th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Ooh, cool, which walking DVD did you get? I'm on the lookout for some more.
June 27th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Carolyn if your looking for a good walking DVD you should check this one out.
Hip Hop Walk Workout with Amy Bento
I really like it.

I didn't get up and workout this morning. I think I will probably take a rest day today except that I plan on doing about 20 minutes of abs tonight. I was able to fit in some abs last night but I would like to do some more tonight.

For breakfast I had eggs with tomatos again, so yummy. For lunch I am having a ham and cheese sandwich with a banana and some cherries. For dinner we are grilling Salmon on cedar planks with green beans and risotto. I have some fresh strawberries for snack today.

Hope everybody has a good Wednesday!!

June 27th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Carolyn- I got Leslie Sansone Just Walk 5 Day Walk Plan. It looks good- I'll let you know after today.

Breakfast was oatmeal, lunch is going to be PB&J sandwiches with grapes and cherries, dinner is going to be grilled hamburgers, tater tots, and green beans.

My Blog
June 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Today is a gym night. I will do 25 minutes on the recumbent bike, some ab work on the ball, and some arm work.

Breakfast: peanut butter banana toast

Lunch: leftover pasta from last night

Dinner: MIL is making crock-pot beef stew

For snacks I'll have carrots and applesauce

June 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the DVD suggestions, Melissa and Majorie! I have another of Leslie Sansone's DVDs ("Walk Away The Pounds", which has a 1 mile and a 2 mile walk on it) and I really like it. It never occurred to me to see if she had other ones out.
June 27th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I liked this one because it has 1-5 mile walks and 5 different body strengthening routines, sorted out into a 5 day workout plan. It doesn't take long but it does work you, after 10 minutes of lunges and squats my legs were burning!

My Blog
June 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
For Thursday I did 40 minutes of circuit training with a workout DVD that I have. I'm going to try to fit in some abs tonight if I can find the time.

For breakfast I had eggs with tomatos, banana for snack, ham and cheese sandwich for lunch, cherries for snack, and for dinner we are having filets with sweet potato and bake beans. Today is DH's birthday so his birthday dinner filets!!

June 28th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Whoops, forgot to update yesterday. kira was in a world of upset following her shots and needed to be held all afternoon, so my workout was to wear her in the ergo and walk on the elliptical while watching So You Think You Can Dance. It was a little awkward but not too ad.

Today we're going to Stroller Strides class.

Happy birthday to your hubby, Melissa!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search