Shrinking Those Tinker Bellies Check In July 2 to July 7

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Shrinking Tinker Bellies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 10:30 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope everybody had a great weekend. Did anybody get in any good workouts over the weekend? I did my usual house cleaning on Saturday which was my workout and then yesterday I took Jackson to the grocery store and to Walmart so that was my workout.

I didn't manage to get up and workout this morning. Jacob would not go to sleep last night. I would nurse him and he would fall asleep and then I went to put him in his bed and he would wake up screaming and crying. We went through this over and over again. I think he finally went to bed after about 2 hours of this so I was just too exhausted to get up this morning. I'm going to try to do about 20 minutes of abs tonight after I get the kids to bed, assuming that Jacob will go to sleep.

For breakfast I had eggs and whole wheat toast. Lunch will be egg salad with some strawberries and bananas for dessert. I have some carrots and cottage cheese for snacks and dinner will be red beans and rice. I can't wait.

Hope everybody else is a bit more productive with their workouts today than I was.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday was an insane day for me. I went camping on Saturday night and yesterday morning I did a ~3 mile hike in the hills with a couple of friends. Then I came home and played a hockey game.

Today I feel like I was hit by a truck. I'll do some stretching later today but am taking a rest/ibuprofen day otherwise.
melissalaw likes this.
July 2nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Glad you got to play hockey yesterday Carolyn!!

July 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Glad to hear you got to play hockey yesterday Carolyn!

My workout was a 3 mile walk and arm workout on DVD and take the kids to the park. It's been way too hot to get outside to workout!

Breakfast was outmeal with strawberries, lunch was egg rolls, green beans, and watermelon, and dinner is chicken and rice, mixed berries, and salad.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
July 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Marjorie I don't know if I told you or not but I love you siggy. So sweet.

This morning I got up and did 45 minutes of circuit training. I was also able to get in about 10 minutes of abs last night so hopefully I can do a bit more tonight.

For breakfast I had eggs with fresh tomatos ( my favorite right now since my dad is bringing me tons of tomatos out of his garden), lunch was egg salad, dinner is salmon, risotto and green beans. Snack which I'm eating right now is strawberries and bananas.

July 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks Melissa! The pics all came from JR's newborn photo shoot with a friend- she does great work and my kids love her.

Today was a 4 mile walk and ab workout. The walk was easy but the abs I almost died! Breakfast was oatmeal and strawberries, lunch was egg rolls and watermelon, dinner is going to be pot luck for my book club. I made the tastiest brown rice salad with a yummy honey/garlic dressing to bring. I'll post the recipe to share.

My Blog
July 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
You guys are doing great!

Today I'm still taking it a bit easy. I've done about 15 minutes of stretching and took Kira to a local botanical gardens where we walked a bit over a mile. I'll do more stretching this evening.
July 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Today I did more stretching and walked for 45 minutes on the elliptical.
July 5th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Yesterday was a rest day for me, although we did go swimming so i got in a little bit of exercise I guess. I did eat some yummy ribs which aren't necessarily on the diet.

This morning I made up for yesterday and got up and did 45 minutes of circuit training and tonight will be some ab work.

For breakfast I had eggs and tomatos, banana and cherries for snack, lunch will be a grilled chicken sandwich and tonight we are having a pork tenderloin, green beans and risotto.

Hope everybody had a great 4th!!

July 5th, 2012, 09:41 AM
No worries, Melissa -- calories don't count on holidays.

I still feel like I was run over by a truck after my hockey game last Sunday. Even my hand muscles hurt.

Today I'm going to Stroller Strides in the hopes that moving and exercising a little will loosen up the angry muscles.
melissalaw likes this.
July 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Your right Carolyn, I forgot that calories don't count on holidays..lol.

I hope your Stroller Strides class helps you losen up and takes care of those angry muscles.

July 5th, 2012, 12:38 PM
So far so good. Though of course I happened to go on "hill sprints day".
July 5th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I walked in the rain yesterday! It was great, only in the low 70's and drizzling all day so I left the kids with DH and walked for 2 miles. It's surprisingly easy when you don't have 14 pounds of baby and a double jogging stroller to cart around!

I was good at eating yesterday- oatmeal with berries, a sandwich, and grilled chicken for dinner!

Today, I did a full body workout DVD for an hour. Breakfast was turkey bacon and scrambled eggs with mixed fruit, lunch was a turkey wrap with brown rice salad and berries, dinner is going to be Hamburger Helper (not good, I know, but I'm home with the kids by myself tonight), salad, and watermelon.

My Blog
July 6th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Today I got up and did 45 minutes of circuit training and some abs. The power was out at my office so I had a day at home today. it was nice being home while the kids were in daycare. Amazing what you can get done around the house with no kids.

For breakfast I had oatmeal, lunch was an egg sandwich, and dinner was pork tenderloin with green beans and corn. Snacks was bananas and cherries.

Hope everybody has a great weekend.

July 6th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Today I did more elliptical and stretching.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search