Shrinking Tinker Bellies Aug 20 to Aug 26

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Shrinking Tinker Bellies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2012, 07:41 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Monday Morning All!!! Hope everybody had nice relaxing weekends and maybe you got in a few workouts and ate good!!

Marjorie your Cod and Clam Chowder from Friday sounds devine!! Do you make it yourself or buy pre-made?

Today I did a 50 minute circuit workout. My goal for the next month is to get really serious about working out and eating because we are going to the beach in the middle of Sept and I hope to wear a bathing suite. We shall see.

Breakfast was eggs and whole wheat toast, lunch is going to be egg salad, I love the stuff and it is so easy. Dinner is going to be a new one from my weight watchers cookboot, Honey Cashew Chicken, if it's good, I'll post the recipe for you guys to try. Snacks are bananas and strawberries.

Carolyn hope you had a wonderful vacation.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 20th, 2012, 04:51 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
The cod was from Denny's. Our local one has a great fish fry on Fridays.

Today, I walked at the park while Allison played (only did 2 miles). Starting tomorrow I will be getting out 3 days a week with a local group of May mommies and doing a Stroller Strides type workout/walk. I'm looking forward to walking with people, not just on DVD!

Breakfast was oatmeal with brown sugar, lunch was 2 chicken tacos, and dinner is leftover pizza from Sam's Club. Snacks are trail mix (homemade) and string cheese.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
August 21st, 2012, 07:04 AM
Marjorie the strolller strides sounds like alot of fun. I know Carolyn also does a stroller strides class. I think I'm going to see if we have something like that around where I live.

Today I did 50 minutes of weight work with a little bit of step aerobics. I did about 5 minutes of abs and I'm going to try to do a bit more later.

For breakfast I had an ham and cheese omelet with whole wheat toast, lunch is chicken salad sandwich and dinner is going to be salmon with rice and green beans, snacks are bananas and grapes.

August 21st, 2012, 03:23 PM
We had a blast this morning! Ours isn't an official Stroller Strides class but you can get the excercises online (or very similar) and as long as you don't mind looking a little odd, it works. We walk a loop in an area that was going to be a subdivision before the economy crashed. It has paved roads and no traffic, so we don't mind doing squats, lunges, and stretches. We did a 3 mile walk and the excercises. It didn't take long, just over an hour and we had so much fun we're doing it again tomorrow!

Now, on to food Breakfast was a strawberry pop tart (I blame the fact I was up at 4 am with JR), lunch was a breakfast burrito with sausage, egg, potatoes, salsa, and cheese, and dinner is going to be spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, and honeydew. My snacks were trail mix and string cheese.

My Blog
August 22nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Marjorie glad you had fun doing the stroller strides. It does sound like alot of fun and your breakfast burrito sounds awesome. Your meals always make me hungry.

No workout for me today. Just too darn tired. Seems to be trend for me. the past few weeks I have been exhausted on Wednesday and can't work out. Tonight I'm going to shoot for some abs so I'll be doing a little something.

For meals today, I had eggs with tomatoes for breakfast, lunch is egg salad and dinner is a pork tenderloin stroganoff ( so yummy, I need to post this recipe also) snacks are grapes and cantaloupe!!

August 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stroller Strides is awesome!!

I forgot to update yesterday, but I did a legs & shoulders DVD. Today I did the chest/triceps/butt DVD.
melissalaw likes this.
August 22nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Melissa, I'm glad my meals make you hungry. I enjoy cooking and get ideas from my dad, who was a cook for 30+ years.

We did another stroller strides walk, just over 3 miles. It almost doesn't seem like a workout when you have other moms to talk with!

Breakfast was toast and eggs, lunch is going to be turkey roll ups with cole slaw and honeydew, dinner is going to be hamburger gravy over rice and garden veggies.

My Blog
August 23rd, 2012, 07:09 AM
Marjorie I bet you learned alot from you dad!!

Carolyn so glad you are back with us. I missed you around here.

Today I did a 50 minute step aerobics workout DVD. I did do about 20 minutes of abs last night and I may try to do a bit more tonight.

For breakfast I had eggs with cheese and tomatoes with whole wheat toast, lunch is a chicken salad sandwich ( I made Mamma J's recipe again, so yummy) and for dinner I am trying another recipe from my new WW cookbook, it is chicken and vegetables fried rice, it looks really good.

August 23rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks!! It's good to be back. I didn't do any specific workouts on vacation but I did ride horses for about 2 hours a day and found muscles I didn't know I had.

Yesterday after I posted here I also wound up going on a hike with Kira in the Ergo; about 3 miles at a local county park.

Today is Stroller Strides.
August 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
I did 2 miles at a new park today with the kids in our double jogging stroller.

Breakfast was oatmeal with raisins, lunch was a salad, and dinner is rice and gravy with fresh green beans. Snacks are string cheese and honeydew with grapes.

My Blog
August 24th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Today I did a 60 minute circuit workout using one of my DVD's I have. I did do about 10 minutes of abs last night. Tonight I'll be cleaning my house so I'll also get some more exercide in tonight.

Breakfast was eggs with whole wheat toast, lunch is egg salad sandwich, and dinner is going to be left overs from last night, Chicken and vegetable fried rice. Snacks are grapes and cantaloupe.

I hope you ladies have great weekends. I'm hoping that I can sleep in a bit tomorrow. Very tired today.

August 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Today was a Back/Biceps/Thighs DVD.
August 24th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I took the day off to wait for the bug guy to come to our house. I'll walk again tomorrow.

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search