Shrinking Those Tinker Bellies Jan 7 to Jan 13

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Shrinking Tinker Bellies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 04:12 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Melissa, hope you don't mind that I started this week's thread!

Today was Stroller Strides.

I'm also very excited to report that...I bought a new Stroller Strides outfit! OK, seriously, bear with me...my previous workout clothes were used inside of a gym so I've been freezing outside in the winter classes. So this afternoon Kira and I went to REI and between my membership dividends and two gift certificates, I got over $100 off! By finding clearance things, I got pants, an earband, and a long sleeved shirt to layer with. I'm very excited about not freezing on Thursday.
melissalaw likes this.
January 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you started this weeks thread Carolyn. I've been slacking this week since Jacob has been sick. Unless he is sleeping I can't get anything done since he wants to be held all the time. I guess he just doesn't feel well and wants that comfort. Thankfully he seems to be getting a bit better.

I didn't workout yesterday, just too tired from having 2 kids with the flu. I did get up this morning and did a low impact HIIT workout plus some weight work focusing on shoulders. Tonight I'll try to do some abs after DH gets home and can take Jacob.

Carolyn I love getting new clothes to workout in. For me it gives me some added motivation when I have something nice and comfortable to put on to workout. I just got me some new clothes to workout in for Christmas. It was my Christmas present to myself..lol.

Today I had an omelet for breakfast, black bean soup for lunch and for dinner we are having feta stuffed chicken burgers which are one of my favorite.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 8th, 2013, 07:04 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Awesome Carolyn! I love new workout clothes (especially when it helps so you don't freeze ).

I did a nice walk today- just under 3 miles in less than an hour. At this pace I'm going to finish my first 5K in less than an hour!

Breakfast was eggs and a potato cake (leftovers from dinner Saturday), lunch was ants on a log and a bowl of salad, dinner was Baja Pizza from Macayos (I had a MOMS Club board meeting), snacks were grapes and an almond granola bar.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
January 9th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Well I got up this morning and did a new weight workout and about an hour later I felt really sore. Thought maybe that I was sore because of the new weight workout but now I'm pretty sure that I have gotten the flu from my kids. It is no fun at all. Thankfully the kids seem to be doing better so hopefully I can get over this quick.

January 9th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oh no, I hope you feel better soon. It passed through our family pretty quickly so hopefully the same for you.

No workout here today as I had to take the cat to the vet. I've been doing sets of 25 squats + 10 pushups + 25 crunches + 30 second planks throughout the day, so hopefully that counts for something.
January 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Melissa- hope you feel better quickly! Carolyn, hope the cat is doing well.

I walked for half an hour of my lunch hour. It was kind of nice not to be pushing the kids in their stroller.

Breakfast was oatmeal, lunch was a tuna sandwich and baked ruffles, dinner was hamburger and rice mix, snack was granola and yogurt.

My Blog
January 10th, 2013, 06:43 AM
thanks guys. The boys are both feeling better and went back to daycare. I'm still feeling cruddy. It took them several days to get over it so hopefully I will be all better in a day or two. No workout today. I'll probably take the next few days off until I'm all better.

Carolyn I hope you cat is okay. Was the cat sick or was it just a yearly checkup?

I was able to eat some eggs and toast this morning. DH said it was a good sign that I was hungry as yesterday I was unable to eat much. I have a seminar to go to a lunch so not sure what they will be having. I'll probably just eat whatever I can stomach today.

January 10th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Unless things change, my workout today is going to be laundry! I feel like I'm drowning in it 6 loads should be a good workout.

Breakfast was oatmeal and raisins, lunch is fish sticks, dinner is going out to IHOP, snacks are yogurt and granola.

My Blog
January 10th, 2013, 11:25 AM
It was a regular checkup for our cat -- she has chronic lymphocytic leukemia, so, cancer, but it's a slow-growing kind. She has to go in for bloodwork once a month and make sure that the meds are working (they are).

Today was Stroller Strides in the new clothes! Woohoo! I didn't freeze.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search