Wit's WTTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I'm soo not patient enough for all this waiting. It has been like two weeks since we officially decided on December and I'm going crazyyyy!!

On the positive side, I just got a job yesterday! And I will be working from home! It isn't full time, doesn't pay a lot, but it's enough for me to start saving and buying baby things. Part of our 'agreement' to start TTC in December is that it can't stress us out financially, so I promised that I would start getting things now so that we will be set before baby comes without having to run out and spend $2000 in a day. I'm going to start buying cloth diapers a few at a time, as well as save up for a carseat and a nice wrap.

I'm also thankful that we will have one last summer to enjoy with the boys and free weekends. Since the boys have different dads, DF and I get our weekends mostly free and once baby comes, that will be gone. It will be nice to have the opportunity to enjoy that before we make the leap.

But then I see pictures of my friends' little babies and my ovaries kick into over drive and I don't care about that any more.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 21st, 2013, 07:35 PM
Tonight, DF and I started talking about prenatals, supplements, and herbal teas. He got really excited when I told him that I wanted to kick my soda addiction this summer, and that when we buy prenatals, I want him to compare with me to find the best ones. It made me feel really good that he cares about my health and the health of Future Baby.

Big Boy was planned.. but when I actually got pregnant, his father freaked out. I had to move back in with my parents because he wouldn't pay the bills to keep our heat on. I would come visit him at six months pregnant, and he would expect me to live off Cheerios and beef jerky. Little Boy was a surprise, and his dad tried hard to take care of us, but we had gotten screwed on our apartment lease and could barely afford food. It was high stress both times.

This time, we have planned for this baby. My DF has already committed to our health and wellness. It makes me feel good, like this will be a good pregnancy, like I will be able to focus on good things instead of worrying how we will eat or if we will get evicted. It makes my heart feel all warm and happy, and it makes me fall in love with him all over again.

June 20th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I may have talked DF out of Melanie as a middle name for a girl... I know it's his mom's name, but he has such a love-hate relationship with his mom and he doesn't really like her name, he's just trying to do the 'right thing'. I told him I had read about a couple that named their daughter Tesla, and he's in love. He loves all things Tesla.

In return, I told him if it's a boy, I was Sagan as a middle name, in tribute to Carl Sagan. He thinks that's a great name. But we can't agree on a first name.. I really like Judas and he really likes Jethro. ugh!

I'm so nervous to start buying diapers. We decided to get prefolds for the newborn stage, and then experiment with others once they're a little bigger.. so I know I should be ordering some prefolds and Snappis and a few covers, but I just have this big mental block about it.

June 27th, 2013, 03:40 PM
We are buying baby clothes this weekend! I am so excited and nervous and I don't know why I'm nervous but I guess it's just making everything real.

September 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I have been sick to my stomach all day. Haven't thrown up yet, but I wish I would. Also feel a weird sensation in my uterus-area when I take a deep breath or cough. I wish I knew my cycle well enough to know when to test... ugh!

September 23rd, 2013, 11:06 PM
I began feeling pretty nervous after AF showed up... we DTD right around ovulation and nada! Well, this cycle, DF has been super gung-ho about not pulling out... I don't know if he even cares about sticking to our TTC at this point. We've DTD three times in the last four days, without pulling out.. and according to my chart, I O'd today... so we'll see. I dunno if I should consider us as NTNP or if we're still WTTC...

October 2nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
I think my DF has decided that we should get pregnant earlier without telling me.

We DTD last night, he kept saying he was going to pull out, and then when it came to the 'big moment', he didn't. I asked him why, and he just looked me right in the face and said, totally deadpan, "Oops."

Sooo yeah. I think we're going to be NTNP until December 1st.. if we aren't pregnant before then, then the REAL TTC work will begin.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search