Anyone else have this pg symptom?? Itchy, red, painful palms

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2012, 09:34 AM
DrMomJLS's Avatar Veteran
Let me start by saying this is my first pregnancy, so I'm gonna have lots of questions!

Ok, right when I hit 4 weeks (a few days ago), my palms turned red and started itching. Now they also HURT! It feels like thousands of tiny pins are poking me constantly, or thousands of tiny crabs are pinching me constantly...made worse by touching anything. The only thing that helps (temporarily) is holding an ice pack. It kept me from sleeping well last night. Anyone have experience with this?? I'll be calling my doctor first thing in the morning, of course...

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

July 1st, 2012, 09:43 AM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
I can honestly say that I have never had anything at all like that during any of my pregnancies. I have never heard of that before. Let us know what the doctor says. It doesn't sound fun at all!
July 1st, 2012, 09:47 AM
smeden14's Avatar Veteran
Wow! thats def odd. Im sorry your going through that. When I was pregers I never had that. Im really curious to what the doc has to say about this. Good luck

P.S
You said you were 4 weeks? How could you know so soon!
July 1st, 2012, 10:12 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant the first time, I had this once. It woke me up in the middle of the night and was miserable. Heat helped me and I had to use it all night...I woke up the next morning fine, and it never came back. Mine happened right after I found out too, I was probably only 5 weeks.

July 1st, 2012, 10:56 AM
I know so soon b/c I was charting so I know exactly when I ovulated

Hmm, I had thought this was a relatively common pregnancy symptom...mine has been going on for days and just getting worse not better. Ack!

July 1st, 2012, 12:40 PM
smeden14's Avatar Veteran
So you took a test and it came out positive? The only reason why im asking is because im 5 days late of my period and if i was pregnant then i would be a lil over 4 weeks.
July 1st, 2012, 12:45 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eep! That sounds incredibly uncomfortable. Hopefully your doc can come up with a good solution. That is definitely a pregnancy symptom I have never heard of before.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

July 1st, 2012, 01:10 PM
EverLovely's Avatar Veteran
I'm 5 weeks 2 days, and I noticed for about 2 or 3 days last week I had the sensation you described around my ankles. Red, little pinching pricks. So odd.
July 1st, 2012, 03:11 PM
Yes, I first tested at 12 DPO and it was clearly positive, so I *probably* would have been able to see a faint line at 10 DPO. If you are 5 days late for your period you should be able to get a positive test if you are pregnant.

I have a new way to describe it--it feels like jellyfish stings. Has anyone been stung by a jellyfish before? Well, that's what it feels like, all over my palms, and spreading to my wrists. Also on the soles of my feet. Can't wait to see the doc tomorrow cause this stinks!!!

July 1st, 2012, 04:29 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Hi! This is so weird! I have been noticing the last few days both of my palms are itchy, achy and kind of red. I am also about 5 weeks pregnant. I was wondering if it was a preggo symptom or just something I was reacting to, but couldn't think of what it could be. I am going to have to go google now to see if others get this too. Let me know what you find out, I don't feel prickly feelings but more just itchy and dull ache.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

July 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Just a lurker but this is what I found: Red Palms During Pregnancy

July 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM
I found that link, too, which is why I thought it was a pregnancy symptom...

However, I am starting to wonder if I have Hand, Foot and Mouth disease since I also have a sore throat. My daughter goes to daycare a few mornings per week so it's possible she brought it home. That would just figure, wouldn't it?!

Praying for an early doc appt tomorrow, I'll keep ya'll updated...

July 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Well I went to the doctor and she thinks it is dyshidrotic eczema, brought on by stress---for me, getting pregnant. It makes total sense. It's a bit better today, thank goodness! No cure, just symptom management...and it could very well come back, too But, at least I know what is going on...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search