Slightly freaked out...

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Blieving4more
  • 2 Post By Love_the_Shoes
  • 1 Post By rachna
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
So on friday I took 2 FRER and they both came back positive, saturday morning again another positive on FRER. Today I went to the $ store and picked up one test came home took it and the line is barely there. If you didn't know what you were looking for you wouldn't see it. I am so bummed I really thought I would see a much darker line. I am still 5 days late for my period and have the sore bb/nips, fatigue, light naseau, and some cramping. What do you think this means for me.

here is the test.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 2nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off *hugs!!* So were your other tests darker than this one? I'll be honest, I can barely see a line. You could be having a chemical pregnancy. I really hope that is not the case and maybe it is just lighter because it is a different brand of test. Did you use FMU? I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Thinking major sticky baby thoughts!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

July 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
im sorry ;( i dont see anything at all... but were you had 2 + hpt and a late period, it sounds promising i would go get another frer and use fmu... i would stay away from the $ store tests, i hate them, thats just my opinion tho!! sending sticky baby dust vibes to you!!!! KUP
July 2nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
I would not worry one bit over a dollar store test. Those are known to be faulty. I would go buy a FRER or a digital test and put your mind at ease. I know they are expensive but a small price to pay for peace of mind.
July 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Okay, on Saturday I took a dollar store test and it was negative. With my same FMU I also took an Answer test and it was positive. Sunday, the same thing. Exact that time, I still needed reassurance and went and bought a digital as well. Both the digi and Answer *2 of them, were positives...both dollar store ones were negative.

Get a digital. Big hugs.
brandi6088 and naalie like this.

July 2nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would also test again with something other than a $ store one. Hugs, I understand how stressful that would be to see, I hope you get some peace of mind soon!
July 2nd, 2012, 09:39 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would bet that the dollar store one is just not as sensitive. The First Response tests detect hcg "5 days before your missed period" because they can detect a much smaller amount of hormone in your urine. This is so that you can get a positive result sooner if you are pregnant.

This negative test is probably not indicating a decline in hormone, but is probably a result of the dollar store test being unable to detect the amount of hormone in your pee that FR tests can. (Hence they're so cheap... much less sensitive = much cheaper to make = takes many days longer to get a positive result.)

Besides, if it makes you feel any better, even if you were going to have a miscarriage (God forbid) I don't think you would see a total disappearance of hcg in such a short amount of time. Women often have positive pregnancy tests for weeks after a miscarriage because the hormone doesn't just disappear in a day. That's my understanding.

If you get another FR I would bet money you'll see a dark line again.

[/url]

July 3rd, 2012, 06:25 AM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
Thank you so much ladies for the reassurance. I am going to buy a digital I have ner taken a digital so to actually see the word positive will be really cool!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 3rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I would go pick up another test, If youre getting a much darker line before that test might just be faulty

July 3rd, 2012, 11:40 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
I detest the dollar store tests, and only buy them because I am an obsessive POAS type person I have never gotten a positive with them, but I always do better with a FRER. I hope it is just a faulty test, KUP!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

July 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
mommatobexo's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #1
With this pregnancy, I've taken 10+ pregnancy tests... all different brands. Some give light light positives, some give noticeable positives, some give negatives. And, it's always changing. I don't trust certain types of test. I'm a poas addict and I've learned that testing brings more turmoil than answers. Once you get one positive, it means your body has HCG running through it... meaning, YOU ARE pregnant. So, don't spend time analyzing the line. Just be happy! Congratulations!
July 3rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
EverLovely's Avatar Veteran
yep...dollar store test-- hate them! I got my faintest wish-o-vision line on them when other tests were clearly positive.
July 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you got the digital!
brandi6088 likes this.
July 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Update? Did you take a digital?
July 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i keep coming back to look for an update too
TaraJo29 likes this.

July 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM
naalie's Avatar Co Host of the March DDC
Just checking up on you, I hope all is ok...I hope you got the digital!
July 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Update?? Hope all is well.

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search