Twins?

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
Anyone thinking they might be pregnant w/ twins? Or know they're having twins?

Twins run in SO's family. His gma & mom both had been pregnant w/ twins. His mom is actually the other twin (her sister absorbed, so now his mom has extra bones, an extra valve in her heart, etc) and his mom got pregnant w/ twins the first time around but lost them after she got beat up by her boyfriend at the time. :-|

Twins don't run in my family, but knowing this has me NERVOUS! Plus also the fact that this pregnancy is so polar opposite my other two....

July 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
EverLovely's Avatar Veteran
We knew our chance of multiples was higher, since we had reproductive assistance, but our first ultrasound showed only one. I'm glad about that.

July 12th, 2012, 03:53 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would actually be thrilled if I had twins. I understand it can be dangerous but this is most likely going to be my last pregnancy..and 2 would be good I don't really have any idea if I'm having twins or not..but dont think so because my hcg levels didn't go up fast and my numbers weren't that high either. But I do have one set of twins on my mothers side of the family! So you never know!

July 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM
1st.time.mama333's Avatar #2 Due March 2013!
I don't think I'm pregnant with twins- then again I don't know for sure. Twins run in both of our families. DH's mom was pregnant with twins, but miscarried. My mom was pregnant with twins but one reabsorbed. Anyways, I'm not expecting it really, but would be thrilled if we found out it was twins!

]
July 12th, 2012, 03:59 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband has triplet brothers, but they were not natural, his mother used fertility treatments. I would freak out if I were having twins but at the same time I love the idea. But I would freak out.
July 12th, 2012, 04:06 PM
toady11's Avatar Veteran
I don't have any reason to think we would have a chance of twins but I did mention it to DH the other day.... "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if we ended up with twin boys." He said he would probaby have to move out.....

We have a pink little monkey coming in March!

July 12th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
See, my SO just looked at me like I was crazy when I said I was freaking out about the possibility of twins.... He's like "What is wrong with twins?" LOL Oh geeesh, you can tell he's never had kids, huh?

July 12th, 2012, 04:24 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had 2 embryos transfered, so it very well could be twins. I would love twins!
July 12th, 2012, 04:29 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a set of identicals and pregnancy #5 was a twin but one reabsorbed. They only saw one on my first sonogram so hopefully its right, I really dont want to do the whole twin pregnancy and NICU thing again. also for you to have twins it has t run on your side of the family, now your husband can pass the gene to your child but has no effect on whether you will have twins. Twins run on my both sides of my family but mine are identical which is just a fluke thing.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
July 12th, 2012, 04:33 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
*lurking*

Don't worry if twins run on your DH's side...that doesn't give you an increased chance at twins. Fraternal twins are more likely if they occur on YOUR side of the family; you may have a genetic predisposition to release more than one egg per cycle. Identical twins are just a random occurrence.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
DH said the other day that he thought it would be cool if we had twins, I wouldnt be upset if i had twins, but i wouldnt choose to have them right now either. My kids will be 2.5 and 16-17 months old so adding 2 newborns would be tough. If i were to get pregnant maybe 5 years from now twins would be great

July 12th, 2012, 04:41 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no twins in our family. There are so many shows on TV about multiples that my husband was sure in trying for one more we were going to end up with sextuplets...lol. I tried explaining that since we didnt use any fertility treatments that probably wouldnt happen. But saying that we'll now we'll probably end up with identical triplets or something!
July 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think so and they don't run in the family either.... but I hope we have some sets on here!! It's always fun to follow the progression of twins!

Mama to 3 boys and expecting #4 on 5/1/2013
14 DPO: HCG- 64.2 Progesterone:12.9
19 DPO: HCG- 887
Started progesterone supplements 8/28 (20 DPO)
27 DPO: HCG- 11,214 Progesterone: 15.8
1st U/S & 1st OB appointment- 9/10/2012 ~ HB 126 and baby looks good so far!!
July 12th, 2012, 05:06 PM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Twins don't run on either my side or DH's, so I'm not concerned about twins at all.

It would be kind of neat though!
July 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM
naalie's Avatar Co Host of the March DDC
Ha ha. actually...our daughter randomly came up to us and pointed to my belly and told me that I'm pregnant with two boys. I was shocked because she's THREE and how would she think to say that? My DH certainly wouldn't have said that.....hmmmm

~~~~
~~~~

July 13th, 2012, 12:57 AM
GloryBox707's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to GloryBox707
Twins actually run in my family on my mom's side. My grandma, great aunt, and my mom all had twins, well my mom lost hers at 4.5 months and my grandma lost hers at 7 months because she fell down a flight of cement stairs. I know it's a possibility for me but I don't get the feeling that I am having twins. I think my sister is though, she's 6 weeks pregnant right now only time will tell!

July 13th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Veteran
Twins are a possibility here since we were on clomid and had 2 follies. I get my levels tested on Monday and are hoping for a hint then. We are good with it either way.
July 13th, 2012, 08:49 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
it's certainly a possibility b/c frat twins run in my family (and my sister just had frat twins a few months ago) and we triggered on Femara with 2 mature follies. But my betas have if anything been on the low side so I will be shocked if at first u/s it's twins....we actually are trying to avoid twins due to even a singleton pregnancy being high(er) risk for me, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for just one perfectly healthy baby.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 13th, 2012, 09:07 AM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have twin cousins but they were conceived through IVF so I don't think that really counts. But if for some reason I did, they would be very welcomed, it would be neat to have twins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search