Quirky things that you love about your significant other

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 3 Post By Scarlet Starlet
  • 1 Post By 1st.time.mama333
  • 2 Post By snlemon
  • 4 Post By lizspreg
  • 2 Post By sweet.hun
  • 1 Post By sahm-of3
  • 3 Post By Cassani
  • 2 Post By KtKuKi
  • 1 Post By Ember Rose

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Scarlet Starlet's Avatar Teleport Birthing Founder
I thought this could be something fun and cute to talk about, because I keep thinking about something so completely dorky my DH did that I actually could not believe he did it.

He LOVES the three stooges and thinks that the thing where you poke someone in the eye with your two fingers is the funniest thing on the planet.
He sometimes will do it to the cat (not really poking him, just acting like he's going to).
The other day...he did that to the leprachaun on the Lucky Charms box.

I looked at him for a solid minute like did you really just do that...what a dork.
naalie, Mrs.Storm and CaliMama like this.
September 6th, 2012, 11:43 AM
1st.time.mama333's Avatar #2 Due March 2013!
LOL, that's too funny!

My DH is always making up dorky songs about everything and singing them to DD. It's so stinking cute. And now they have a "secret handshake" that he made up with her that he is so proud of. He has her showing it off to everyone. I guess those little things get to me, when I see how good he is with her (even if they are being complete dorks), it just makes me smile.
Scarlet Starlet likes this.

]
September 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dh has this sense of humor that's just....idk. I don't even know how to frame it. He doesn't make jokes, he just says things that are hilarious and it's always delivered in this very even, calm tone. It's not sarcastic or edgy, just this bright humor that honestly cracks the barnacles off my very cranky heart! And it's been almost ten years and he's still funny. I think, the more I get to know him and his family and his culture, that it's a genetic cultural thing. Certainly NOT the kind of humor The Pennsyvlania Dutch come with, lol.
Amy B. and Scarlet Starlet like this.
September 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Veteran
First thing that came to my mind is that DH is so absent minded. I am constantly finding things in the wrong place. Tooth paste in the dish rack...phone in the fridge...you just never know. It used to make me crazy..now I just think of it as 'him'.

September 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I love that my husband loves video games like I do. We're complete nerds and we both squee if a new game we love comes out, etc etc.

Also, can I just say I love a man in uniform?! RAWR
Scarlet Starlet and naalie like this.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
September 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Veteran
My dh can not find ANYTHINGI think he looks for stuff with his eyes shut. He will walk right over what ever it is that he is looking for and ask me to help him find it. I just always tell him I hope I am never lost and he has to find me.
Scarlet Starlet likes this.
Bentleigh 3 years old
We lost our sweet baby Bailey at 5months along. Just to precious for earth.
Pregnant with our Rainbow babies, Twins!!! Due May 8th.
September 6th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st.time.mama333 View Post
LOL, that's too funny!

My DH is always making up dorky songs about everything and singing them to DD. It's so stinking cute. And now they have a "secret handshake" that he made up with her that he is so proud of. He has her showing it off to everyone. I guess those little things get to me, when I see how good he is with her (even if they are being complete dorks), it just makes me smile.
lol I do that, the songs thing. Have since they were born. My youngest does it now, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm-of3 View Post
My dh can not find ANYTHINGI think he looks for stuff with his eyes shut. He will walk right over what ever it is that he is looking for and ask me to help him find it. I just always tell him I hope I am never lost and he has to find me.
I swear my DH and both of my boys walk into a room to look for something, turn in a circle only looking at eye level, then proclaim loudly "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM I don't see it!"

September 6th, 2012, 07:11 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure its quirky, but I thought it was kinda cute. DH asked me if we could switch sides of the bed. I asked him why, and he said b/c he felt like, as the man, he should sleep closest to the door, so he can protect me. I thought that was sweet, but I told him no way b/c I am closer to the bathroom and I have to get up too much at night to pee!
SammyJ and Scarlet Starlet like this.

September 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Meminy's Avatar Veteran
My DH is so cute with the girls. Every morning he wakes them up for school singing the song What I Got by Sublime, but he changes the lyrics to 'Early in the morning, London/Mykah is asleep...' It always wakes them up in a great mood and makes me smile.
He also tells them a continuous story before bed every night, making it up as he goes along. It has gone in some weird directions and makes us all laugh.
Don't know if it's considered quirky, but something I love about him: he holds doors for me. He's the only man to ever do that, and it's such a sweet gesture.

September 7th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not exactly quirky, but I get a kick out of teasing him about it. One day, dh randomly had one spot in his right eyebrow and one spot in his right eyelash turn white. He got really embarrassed about it. I love teasing him about being old (he just turned 34...not really old...LOL), and since then, he's taking to being silly about it too. He actually made a big point about it soon after we discovered it to stop in Meijer at the "hair color for men" aisle to see if they had any eyebrow colors. LOL

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

September 7th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He sticks his tongue out and moves it back and forth when he's playing video games.

He sleeps on his side wrapped around me, on his side with his arms folded up like he's sitting in a chair, or on his back with his arms behind his head. But he has to be touching me or he just turns and tosses until I get in the bed. It's like he's looking for me.

He eats ketchup on pretty much everything. Pot roast, blooming onions at Outback...horrible to go out with in public sometimes.
September 8th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Veteran
He puts ketchup on mac n cheese. I think this is a weird cultural thing maybe, because I do it too. Finally met someone as crazy as I am.

He also talks in movie quotes. After he sees a movie a couple of times he'll recite his favorite lines in general conversation. I think he likes to test people to see if they get the referenceshe and his father also have to discuss every actor and actress they see in a movie or on tv. He have tto know what other films they've been in and whether they liked it. At least I know where that quirk came from.
September 8th, 2012, 07:21 AM
KatieBird's Avatar Super Mommy
He's a strangely picky eater. He hates crunchy things, like the tips of French fries or the edges of crab Rangoon, and always leaves them on his plate. He hates the edges of casseroles or lasagna, and the edge pieces of brownies.

The best part of this is that LOVE crunchy stuff and edge pieces of things. So, he always eats what he likes and I pick at his leftovers..lol.

He is also very sweet about holding doors, pulling out chairs, and helping me with my coat. Love thatstuff.

September 8th, 2012, 12:27 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The quirks about mine, well les see, he will not eat meat with a bone in it. So everythingi buy has to be boneless. No matter how much he sleeps he is always tired.

He is a very hard worker and works hard to provide for our family. He is always trying to make sure I'm happy. He holds doors for me, even if he is holding the baby. He snuggles me every night before we go to sleep. He is very loving and a great father.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

September 8th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazarmo View Post
The quirks about mine, well les see, he will not eat meat with a bone in it. So everythingi buy has to be boneless. No matter how much he sleeps he is always tired.

He is a very hard worker and works hard to provide for our family. He is always trying to make sure I'm happy. He holds doors for me, even if he is holding the baby. He snuggles me every night before we go to sleep. He is very loving and a great father.
OMG mine won't either!! I love food so much the number of things he won't eat or the specific way it has to be KILLS me sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassani View Post
lol I do that, the songs thing. Have since they were born. My youngest does it now, too.

I swear my DH and both of my boys walk into a room to look for something, turn in a circle only looking at eye level, then proclaim loudly "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM I don't see it!"
I am The Finder of All Things Lost. Seriously. FIVE OCLOCK IN THE EVERLOVING MORNING and it's "Babe babe babe omg get up I can't find my cover/bootstraps/glasses you HAVE to help me find them get up get up get up".
September 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember Rose View Post
OMG mine won't either!! I love food so much the number of things he won't eat or the specific way it has to be KILLS me sometimes.

I am The Finder of All Things Lost. Seriously. FIVE OCLOCK IN THE EVERLOVING MORNING and it's "Babe babe babe omg get up I can't find my cover/bootstraps/glasses you HAVE to help me find them get up get up get up".
My SO is the same way. I have a great memory though and just tell him where his stuff is when he opens the door to ask me. He loves that I always know exactly what his next move is. Men you gott a love them lol

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

September 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
CaliMama's Avatar Veteran
I love that my husband grows a beard while I'm pregnant, then denies that he's doing it to "grow something too" lol.

I can't stand his sense of humor, he's very brainy so he loves a good play on words, makes my eyes roll!!! I laugh now since I am used to being around him

September 8th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazarmo View Post
My SO is the same way. I have a great memory though and just tell him where his stuff is when he opens the door to ask me. He loves that I always know exactly what his next move is. Men you gott a love them lol
Since when things are lost, he gets frantic. And when he gets frantic he gets blind. "OFMG it is NOT there why the bleep won't you help me I love you and all you do is hurt me I'm gonna be laaaaaaaaaaate".

So I get up, I find my glasses and I go put my hand directly on it. And he pauses. Then he smiles and he tells me how amazing I am and if we can afford it I get a frozen coffee when he comes home. And we do this at least twice a week.
KatieBird likes this.
September 9th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
haha That's adorable Scarlet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search