C-section mommies

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why did you have a c-section? Which child? Are you having one this time around?

I had to have one with my oldest because he was breech and wouldn't turn with an external version (where they try to manually turn them by pushing/turning your belly...very painful!). My doctor wouldn't do VBACs after that, so this will be my fourth c-section.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

September 8th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
James was an emergency, according to the doctor. I dilated to 9cm, then on the next check, my cervix had swollen almost shut. She decided on an immediate c-section and I went with it. My second was born by c-section, because while VBAC is ok with my OB, she didn't want to risk it after the first experience. Macadamia will be my 3rd. I should mention I never went back to the first OB after my postpartum checks

September 8th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Turtle Bay's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't had a C section...yet. I am scheduled to have one with this baby because of a few things. My heart condition. My broken tail bone (from the last delivery). And the fact that we almost lost my son with my last delivery. (posterior, resuscitation at birth, skull fracture, bleed on brain, surgery, nicu...)

I'm not exactly jumping with joy at the idea of the C section but honestly so long as we can bring this baby into the world safely, I will do whatever it takes.

September 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had 2 c- sections already, I planned on vaginal births with both. My 1st daughter ended up in emergency c- section. All of a sudden I spiked a fever, my cervix swelled shut at only 3.5 cent dilated and my baby came out not breathing. 2 weeks in nicu but she is completely fine thankfully. My 2nd daughter born last December I tried to vbac and the same exact situation happened with my cervix swelling shut at 3.5. Pain meds including 3 epidurals did not work for me and quite frankly I don't want to go through hours of labor again to only end up with another section. Doc scheduled this ones section on march 26th 2013. I highly doubt I will make it that far but I will roll with it I tend to go a couple of weeks early with my babies.
Hmm don't think my ticker is working

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

Last edited by kazarmo; September 8th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
September 8th, 2012, 12:42 PM
amandabee's Avatar Veteran
The reason I had one last time was because I ended up getting PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) and the doctor wanted me to deliver immediately.
September 8th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like some of you had traumatic experiences! Wow! I would definitely go with a c-section from now on if I were you.

I kind of don't like having to have them because I have never labored, ever, and I wanted to be able to feel what that felt like at least once. However, I do know exactly what to expect and know when my baby will be born, so that's nice. I was hoping to at least experience a vaginal birth when my sister was having her first, but she failed to progress and had to get a c/s in the end too.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

September 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
#1 was a c-section because she was breech. Second was VBAC and hopefully this one will be too!
September 8th, 2012, 04:55 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a c-section with my 1st one because I wouldn't dialate past 4 cm, the 2nd one was a planned c-section, and this will be my 3rd

September 8th, 2012, 05:20 PM
CaliMama's Avatar Veteran
DD was my first child and was an emergency C-section because she was sunny side up and stuck after 30+ hrs of labor, a nurse had to push her head up through the out door so the doctors could get her out via section.

Our hospital does not do vbacs so I am having another. It's fine since my pelvis never made enough room for her to get out, they all said "you'll never deliver vaginally without paralyzing your baby". C-section it is!

September 8th, 2012, 06:54 PM
mojo-risin's Avatar Super Mommy
My 1st was an emergency c-sections due to DS having severe tachycardia. I wasn't numb when they started cutting, which resulted in extra meds, and me having little memory of his first few hours. This time, I am having a planned section. I am worried about the recovery with a 4 year old at home. The first recovery was easy, bitty just nervous about it being worse when I have two to take care of!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggie!!

September 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had both my boys via c-sections. I didn't progress with either of them and they were both above 8lbs. My midwife told me the first time she saw me some old wives tale about the size of your feet and the size of your pelvis. She said with size 3 shoes I couldn't deliver a baby over 7lbs. I don't know how true this is but it seemed pretty accurate for me.
September 8th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Veteran
This will be my 4th c-section as well. With #1 I labored for 23 hours on pitocin, and dialted to a whole 1 cm. He was 8 lbs 5 oz, but they expected him to be bigger. I have never tried a VBAC. I have never had the feeling that I missed out on a natural birth, I know several who have. I am satisfied to do the c-section, and love the fact that they are so planned.
Bentleigh 3 years old
We lost our sweet baby Bailey at 5months along. Just to precious for earth.
Pregnant with our Rainbow babies, Twins!!! Due May 8th.
September 9th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
I labored for 19 hours with son on pitocin and.never progressed passed 3. My daughter was a planned c-section. This baby will also be a planned section.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
September 9th, 2012, 03:32 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1st was not planned c section. In active labor for 25 hours, pushed for over 2 hours and doc realized Emma's head was not straight....decided to cut her out.

I am not happy about a repeat c section...but will do whatever it takes to keep patch safe.

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
September 10th, 2012, 06:00 AM
butterfly070212's Avatar Veteran
My first c-section was because my DD was oversized. The doc didn't even want to try labor for fear either one of us could be injured.

My recovery was fairly easy and Im hoping the same for this one.

DSD (12) DSD (5) and DD (4)
EDD 3/13/2013
September 10th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
I had a C-section because my son was face up. I pushed for over an hour and kept thinking "man I don't know what all the fuss is about, this doesn't hurt at all." little did I know he was not making it past my pelvic bone for me to feel anything yet. They tried to turn him but could not.
I am really hoping for a VBAC this time around. The recovery was really hard and I was unable to see or hold my baby till well after they removed me from the OR and recovery room.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search