vaccines

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2012, 09:03 PM
naalie's Avatar Co Host of the March DDC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st.time.mama333 View Post
I plan on homeschooling as well... my MIL homeschooled DH's younger brothers, and they are 2 of the most outgoing and social people I have ever met. They were involved in homeschooling groups, met friends through swim lessons, music lessons, church, etc... There are SO many places for kids to meet friends other than at school. Don't let the socialization fears stop you from homeschooling I plan on getting dd enrolled in swim lessons and dance class in the next couple months so that she can start making friends and learning to socialize.
I was actually home-schooled and was NEVER a timid, nonsocial child (until I became an adult, LOL). My mom had me do swimming lessons, library days, meet with other homeschool kids, etc. Also, by law homeschool kids are "allowed" to be part of public school events (Field Day, dances, Fall festivals...etc) and she had me be part of those as well.

My "problem" with my daughter is that she is only THREE and not yet ready to be apart from me...making any experiences with other kids more difficult because I "have" to be near her. Of course, I get panicky too...wondering what she's doing, what she's touching...lol

~~~~
~~~~

September 9th, 2012, 09:20 PM
CaliMama's Avatar Veteran
The only thing I have to add is that make sure your pediatrician respects your thinking, or start looking for a new one. Some doctors get weird if you don't want to, or want to delay vaccinations.

We will never do the chicken pox or flu shots, our doctor is okay with that and following a delayed schedule. However, he has referred patients out for refusing to vaccinate all together. Better to know ahead of time then have to find a new doctor later
Ember Rose and naalie like this.

September 10th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Veteran
I'm going to vaccinate but plan on limiting what will be administered.
September 10th, 2012, 05:23 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
All of my girls were vaccinated and we will do the same with this baby. I do a delayed schedule.

September 10th, 2012, 07:26 AM
mummy-juju's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember Rose View Post
A big thing about whooping cough that a lot of the public missed is that while unvaxed children who were contaminated very likely spread it, a larger, more likely source of contamination is adults who caught it from somewhere and were overdue for boosters. Tetanus is NOT the only shot that needs a booster into adulthood.
This is very scary. Most of the cases I've read about young infants dying from pertussis are when the infant contracts it from the mom or another close caregiver shortly after birth. The adult probably thought it was just another cold. The health authorities here in Canada have been recommending that those close to young children get their pertussis booster.
September 10th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Strawberry21's Avatar Super Mommy
I use the Dr Sears delayed schedule.
It's a BOY!! Gavin was born 3/28/13 10:37am
8#2oz 22 inches long!
September 10th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SAHM , I sent you a long private message with my opinion.
sahm-of3 likes this.
September 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy-juju View Post
This is very scary. Most of the cases I've read about young infants dying from pertussis are when the infant contracts it from the mom or another close caregiver shortly after birth. The adult probably thought it was just another cold. The health authorities here in Canada have been recommending that those close to young children get their pertussis booster.
I will have to get the booster once I'm about 30 weeks. It was recommended by my doctor.

September 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Pinkapple's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkapple
I'm still really torn on this issue. Shots have always caused bad reactions in myself, I'd hate for my child to go through the same. I may choose a few vaccinations, but other than that, I don't plan to vaccinate.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search