painting and pregnancy

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jdb3
  • 1 Post By Ember Rose

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you think/have you heard...is it okay to paint a room while pregnant? I've heard yes and no. I'm a DIY-er, and I think it would be easier for me to paint my older kids' rooms, but if it's not safe, then we'll figure something else out.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

September 9th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Regular
My dh works for Sherwin Williams, they suggest using a paint with low vfc's. I think their low vfc paint is called Harmony?? Any respectable paint manufacturer should have a low vfc's option though if your looking at other brands, but of course I'm partial to SW
Ember Rose likes this.
September 9th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
I painted when pregnant w/ both of my children.... Just make sure it's well ventilated... But fans in the room will help the paint dry faster anyhow.

September 9th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Rowans_momma7911's Avatar Expecting #2
I painted while pregnant with DD, just open windows and turn on fans to keep the area well ventilated. There is also low odor paint you can buy I plan on painting with this baby depending on what decorative items we find. The room is already a really nice shade of light green that would go with a lot. DH is not great at painting/hates it so I know I will get stuck with this job regardless, which is ok.

September 9th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cammy--Same here with DH. He hates it, and I always paint everything. When we were pregnant last time, but dad and stepmom helped. My dad has since passed, and he divorced before then. My uncle came to help too, but he's in Pakistan now for work. My FIL might help, but...

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

September 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I read there is paint you can use, and use it in a well ventilated area. That being said, kyle does not want me to paint, LOL so he will be doing it.
September 9th, 2012, 05:24 PM
naalie's Avatar Co Host of the March DDC
Disclaimer: I am a HUGE hands-off preggo kinda person. I believe in organic, no chemicals, no meds of any kind etc etc

With that said, I would not inhale any fumes while pregnant. I know, though, that there are some "preggo safe" paints you can use but I personally would still wear a mask and get really good ventilation in the room. And minimize exposure to the room if possible. Or get DH to do it.

~~~~
~~~~

September 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I painted while pregnant with my second. I did wear a mask. And we just had the boys room painted, so I was exposed to the fumes. I am not worried really.
September 9th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We talked about it and IF I find a house before the baby gets here and DH gets back and I really want the room painted I'm to wear a respirator and use low VFC paint. But honestly he was like it'll be after football season and near spring break so I need to get my brother and some of my old high school friends to do it. And if the godfather hasn't gone out to join my husband by that time to see if he will help me. He'd prefer I didn't and given how I've been feeling lately I might not try it. Random smells have me ready to hit the floor and it's not going away yet.
Amy B. likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search