What it feels like..

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Amy B.
  • 1 Post By lizspreg
  • 1 Post By RUNNER25
  • 1 Post By mummy-juju

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Veteran
For those who have been pregnant or had children..what did it feel like once you got to the 2nd trimester and things starting expanding? I am just curious if you felt a lot of stretching, back aches etc. Also wondering..did it happen kind of suddenly or just consistently.

My abdomen tends to feel kind of tender more often now and just sort of feel like I am slowly expanding..hard to explain.

September 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM
naalie's Avatar Co Host of the March DDC
For me, it was like I could feel my skin stretching and my belly expanding and sometimes it got itchy (I used cocoa butter and that helped the dry, itchies from stretching skin). I also felt HUGE (even if I didn't look it). I sometimes felt like I was going to bump into things...but didn't REALLY have that problem until the 3rd Trimester when I really misjudged walls, doorways, seatbelts, people passing by....

~~~~
~~~~

September 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think itchy's a good way of putting it...when your skin is expanding/stretching. I know I started aching more in the nether-regions, but I don't remember exactly when.
naalie likes this.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

September 9th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
I feel awkward, and it's like every move, every cough or sneeze, is causing a tiny little muscle strain in there somewhere. I was overweight before getting pregnant, and I've actually lost a bit during the pregnancy so far, but I feel like between the ginormous boobs and my weight shifting forward into the belly that I'm a disaster waiting to happen, and I know that I get clumsier as I get more and more pregnant.

September 9th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Veteran
I have been feeling kind of light achiness in my stomach and where my uterus is. My back is also kind of achy like before I would be my period. I just wasn't sure if that is all normal. I know you get bigger..I had never really thought about what it felt like though. Guess now is a good time to find out!
naalie likes this.

September 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM
naalie's Avatar Co Host of the March DDC
My back is SO achy...crampy and awkward feeling

~~~~
~~~~

September 9th, 2012, 06:29 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would feel the round ligament pain around 13 weeks, but for me I didn't start feeling lots of expansion until 3rd trimester and it was gradual. I carried low, so lots and lots of pressure. Back soreness definitely, hard to get up from sitting or get down from standing.
lizspreg likes this.

September 9th, 2012, 08:35 PM
mummy-juju's Avatar Veteran
I loved it! I was lucky in that I wasn't overly sore or achy, and my skin was elastic enough to compensate. I totally second the cocoa butter/shea butter though, I used a homemade version and didn't get any stretch marks. It was my belly button though that suffered the most! I watched it go from a slight inney to a flat, smooth blotch, then finally an outey!
lizspreg likes this.
September 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Turtle Bay's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't really remember what it felt like as my body grew but I do remember when all of a sudden putting clothes in the (old school top loading) washer was interesting. Lol

September 10th, 2012, 08:38 AM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first too, and so far I've been getting tenderness or (kind of a morbid description) a tearing feeling in my lower abdomen. My stomach has also been itchy especially around my belly button But this was a pretty gradual change for me.

September 10th, 2012, 08:54 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My tummy started getting itchy as the skin began stretching and my pelvis started aching, as did my back. All of these changes were pretty gradual and got worse as my pregnancies progressed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search