I need a baby name!

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By toady11
  • 1 Post By lisamarie0023

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm exhausted with trying to find the perfect baby name! I've spent so many hours. I've made millions of lists. I've gone through EVERY girl name on my name app multiple times. I even read the ENTIRE girl section of "The Everything Baby Names Book" out loud (and several times in my head).

Dh and I just can't agree! He quickly crosses off ALL the names on my lists. He hasn't put much thought into it or looked at names (beyond the lists I make). The only name he has suggested and likes (not necessarily loves) this whole pregnancy is Ariana.

Ariana is okay, but doesn't flow naturally off my tongue like my other kids names (Natalie and Mason). Plus, we are Texan and have a bit of a hick accent which I don't' think is suiting for Ariana. I finally decided to give it a shot, but the very next day by coincidence dh heard he has a distant relative he doesn't know named Ariana. So he said Ariana wasn't an option anymore.

Soooo I went to work finding something new. I gave him a list of 8 new names... he actually liked a couple. One of them was Kylie which started to really grow on me (So cute with Natalie!)! But the next day he decided he doesn't like that name at all and asked "what's wrong with Ariana?".

I don't know what the point of this long vent is... I'm just frustrated and I want a nap!
January 23rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry! Names are rough, that is for sure. Ours literally came in a dream about her, before we knew she was a she!

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 23rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran
Awww, I think Kylie would be adorable with some Texas Twang to it
January 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
Do you have any family names you could use, grandparents or something like that? That's always a good starting point, it's where ALL my kids names came from, first and middle. If he won't agree on anything you like, give him a deadline to find 5 names he likes to bring to YOU. Put the ball in his court.

Start giving him completely ridiculous names to choose from, and tell him that's what you're down to since all reasonable names are off the table. Something in Swahili ought to sound good in a Texan accent.

January 23rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
wow that sounds frustrating!!!!

January 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It would be interesting to hear some Texan accented Swahili! Haha! I like the idea of getting him to give me a list. If he really loved the name Ariana I would be a lot more accepting of it. But he just thinks it's "not bad".

I tried to give my 3.5 year old a couple names to pick from, but she just picks the last thing I name no matter what it is. If she got to pick 100% on her own, she would call her "Abeana"... I think she just made that up, but for the past week she keeps telling me that's what she wants to name her!
January 23rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
toady11's Avatar Veteran
Having the same trouble here Neads!! It was sure easier with my son. Funny enough we have also been tossing around Aria or Arianna, which I did love at one point and now I just second guess it. DH was vetoing all the names I picked out but now he has left it up to me, oh great! Maybe we'll just go with my sons pick, Baby Sister!
Mrs.Storm likes this.

We have a pink little monkey coming in March!

January 23rd, 2013, 03:44 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having the same issue here too. SO td me 1 name he liked out of a zillion we had discussed. So that was going to be her name. Then Monday night he said he didn't like the name anymore so back to square 1. I'm crying out of frustration because he likes nothing nothing that I suggest or find online. I'm infuriated at this point. So yup I understand

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

January 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Veteran
That is SO frustrating!! I am beyound thankful that DBF loved the name Sage, which was the first name I ever said, and has always been my top girl name. He wasn't a fan of the other names I like (Brynn, Hope) so Sage Marie it is.
And THANK GOD we are not having a boy right now because he is dead set on Bruce for a boy.. And I'm like " no way in hell I'm naming any child of mine Bruce!" Ce to find out later he likes it because of friggin Batman(who's real name is Bruce Wayne..) Im with a total dork. Lol.

I say, pick the names YOU like the most, make sure you are okay with all of them to be the final name, and tell him he has no choice but to pick from those. Tell him those are the options and he has the final say which one of those however many choices u give him- let him feel like he has the final day, when u really will be happy with any of them.
January 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Oh, girl, I sympathize with you. First of all, I must commend you on your excellent taste in girl names (I have a Natalie Laura myself) I don't know if it helps, but we don't know the sex of our baby so we decided that the girl name had to be upbeat sounding as Natalie is so cheery and happy sounding. I felt like it had to end in an 'e' or 'ie' or 'y' sound to flow with my name (Kelly) and her name (Natalie). So we are going with Molly. I think Natalie and Molly are so happy sounding. Maybe if you can go with something like that to narrow it down a bit, a happy sounding ending. If you say Natalie out loud, it literally makes your mouth smile at the end of it Molly does that too for me. I am making no sense at all right now! We are still going back and forth about boy names, and no name sounds right so I feel your pain here.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

January 23rd, 2013, 07:25 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
LisaMarie, you and your hubby are just like me and mine! First off, I love the name Sage. It was one on our list. And secondly, we too would have a hard time with names if we were having a boy because my husband loves the names Leon (From Resident Evil) and Kurt (Nightcrawler from X-Men).... Leon is.. O..k... But no way in hell Kurt would fly with me!

January 23rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Veteran
Haha Mrs Storm! That Is TOO funny! He also likes the name Locke.. Which is from the show LOST. It's better than Bruce at least but still was NOT going to happen. Men are so dumb .. And I'm not sure is Leon Is even O..k. Lmao!! I told him he can get a boy dog and name him Bruce or Locke or whatever he wants, but no son of mine will have those names. Idiots lol
Mrs.Storm likes this.
January 23rd, 2013, 07:52 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
haha! Yeah definitely! Good idea to suggest for an animal instead. I may try that...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search