Either I'm a nerd or I'm nuts

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This whole entire post is TMI> read at your own risk!!

Last week I had a couple of incidents where I thought my water had broken. In the middle of the night (twice) I had small gushes of fluid come out of me. I went on with sleeping and was just seeing what was going to happen. Well I had a couple small gushes that morning after I arrived at work. Now I was thinking it could have been from activity that SO and I partook in or it really could be a small leak like what I had with my 2nd daughter.

My 1st daughter I gushed fluid everywhere (even though I told myself I peed myself it just wasn't possible because it kept happening and it was alot)
With my 2nd daughter I would just get trickles down my leg so I kept second guessing myself that my water really had broken. I was full term when my water broke with her though.

WEll to make a long story short I went in to my doc later on that day just to have a strip test done and to see if it really was in fact my water. That test came back negative, although it had been a few hours since anything had leaked.
So since then every amount of fluid I feel leaking I'm freaking out about.
I started reading up on water breaking and if there were any tests to do at home. Well it turns out you can go buy pool test strips and use those.

So last night after feeling another little gush of fluid (SO and I haven't been active since last week so it's not from him) I ran to the hardware store and bought some pool strips.
Now i'm trying to deciper how to read these things.

So yeah if any of you ladies know the best way to read these strips against fluid coming out of our nether regions please let me know.

Amniotic Fluid

These are the sites i've read up on so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

January 23rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm... very interesting! What did your test turn out?? I have been thinking lately, if my water leaks (vs the gush I had with #1) I might not realize it unless I happen to catch the sweet smell. TMI, I am having tiny gushes of urine leakage and discharge like crazy since last week! I've never had such a leakage problem! I'm going through 2-3 panty liners a day. Guess I should do some kegels...

In past pregnancies, I was told if I suspected a possibly leak to lay down for at least 30 minutes and then see if a gush happens when I get up.
January 23rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Well the result of the strips for PH was yellow- the ph on the bottle only shows orange to red colors so I’m not sure what to make of that.

The total alkalinity portion of the strip was very green, like between 80 and 120 on the bottle. So again I’m not quite sure what to make of all of it either.

I guess maybe taking a picture of the bottle and a strip (the next time I do it) would be helpful. I’m thinking that I’m just having discharge leakage now too. I’m not so sure though, it’s all a huge question.

My docs office had me scheduled for a fluid level check last Friday but I couldn’t make the appt because I had my one year old. Then when I went to my normal appt on Monday from the way they talked they just want me to wait till my next scheduled ultrasound which is Feb 6th.
It’s usually when I’m laying or sitting down that I feel the little bit of fluid coming out. It actually wakes me up at night (happened again last night) because I’m hyper sensitive to anything going on down there.

Oh and that sweet smell, I never had that with either of my two when I leaked with them. My 1st one I gushed fluid out for hours and there was literally no smell. My 2nd the same thing with no smell but very small amounts of fluid coming out. Like it smelled like nothing is the only way I can explain it. Sorry for tmi but if I smelled my panties I smelled the panties, like the laundry soap used or the sheet smell instead. So this time it’s kind of the same thing --there is no smell.

Who knows…. I’m at a loss. I feel like such a newbie at this and this is my 3rd pregnancy.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dsd12
dsd10

January 23rd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
I have no idea how to read those strips, but do let us know if it turns out to be your water! I can hardly believe that we are starting to worry about those things now! YAY! lol (Even though it is still a bit early, it's so exciting)

January 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
Every night I wake up feeling like my water broke or leaked since there is so much moisture down there. Come to find out it's just hours of discharge and some times just over all sweating from the constant tossing and turning I do all night. And now that my thighs are touching with all this excess weight I am sure that causes even more heat in that area.

Hope your doctor's appt and ultrasound show that your fluid levels are just fine.

Every night I wake up feeling like my water broke or leaked since there is so much moisture down there. Come to find out it's just hours of discharge and some times just over all sweating from the constant tossing and turning I do all night. And now that my thighs are touching with all this excess weight I am sure that causes even more heat in that area.

Hope your doctor's appt and ultrasound show that your fluid levels are just fine.
January 24th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Well I think the strips are showing normal levels for me. So I'm not really worried about leaking fluid anymore. I’m just extra moist and the extra weight isn’t nice. I feel like a fat slop.

Plus I’m going through what you’re going through just not as extreme. I’m having constant contractions. Like 1 every 10 mins, but I don’t usually go more than ˝ hour without one.
I’ve explained this to the staff at my docs office and they just tell me well if baby is being active etc etc so I guess they’re not worried. I’m only going on 31 weeks though so it has me slightly worried. But with both previous pregnancies I had tons of contractions (that I ddin’t know I was having show up on monitors and nst) but still had the babies at 37 and then 38 weeks.
Plus the one time they kept me overnight in the hospital the monitor showed multiple contractions in an hour and half. It’s just become a part of my everyday life now.

I know I need to rest up but honestly even when I lay down and finally relax every evening I still get the contractions. I so want an April baby but I’m highly doubting that is going to happen.

I wish you all the best and try to stay out of L&D at least for 3 more weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dsd12
dsd10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search