Constantly Freaking Myself Out. Anyone Else?

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cassani

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been doing my kick counts daily as instructed, but every day before I actually do them, she gets really quiet and doesn't move much. So I end up freaking out, drinking juice and cold water, walking around, basically doing anything to get her to move. Because I just know for sure that something is wrong. I start doing the kick count and she busts out 10 kicks in less than 5 minutes

I don't know why I do this to myself? I just get so worked up over the whole idea that she isn't ok. I had a 3D ultrasound done a few weeks ago and it showed the cord around her neck, not completely around, but more like a scarf would drape over the shoulders. But just knowing that its there freaks me out! I know many babies are born happy and healthy and the cords are wrapped multiple times around their necks, but I guess it's just these hormones and being a FTM that are making me super paranoid in these last few weeks.

Is anyone else going insane these last couple weeks? Or is it just me?

January 23rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Super Mommy

I freak myself out all of the time with this. Not just this though, leakage or discharge! It scares the living stuff out of me!

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 23rd, 2013, 11:33 AM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh don't even get me started on the discharge. I examine it every time I go to the bathroom hahaha!

January 23rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
Super Mommy
Me too! I am one of the women who still look every time haha. Can't help it. Scared I may miss something

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 23rd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't do kick counts mostly for this reason! I am freaking out over other things though... in past pregnancies I was pretty laid back the thought of labor/delivery coming and figured there wasn't anything I could do about it, so there was no reason to stress over it---it's something you just do. But this time I'm starting to flip out with all the what ifs and unknowns! Even to the point that for a moment I wondered if it would be better to just schedule a c-section (vs attempt a 2nd vbac) so I can have more control and predictability.

I'm also paranoid to bend to pick stuff off the floor because it feels like it squishes baby and I'm afraid it will make her want to flip out of head down position. It also scares me when I change positions when laying down because I still remember how it felt went I rolled over with DD1 and my water exploded.
January 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
toady11's Avatar Veteran
Yup, same as all above..... I took myself to L&D on Saturday as I was second-guessing her movement and I have been leaking for a while. I know it was mostly just urine since my bladder is so weak this time around but it was driving me crazy. Sure enough, everything is fine.

She's been head down at my last few appointments and was doing some crazy moves the other night and then I felt hardness lenghtwise across my belly so now I'm freaking out thinking she's moved sideways or something. I guess we will see next week.

And this is my 2nd baby so don't think it's just because you're a first-timer....

We have a pink little monkey coming in March!

January 23rd, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
Haha LaceyMay your too funny! I have been pretty laid back. Not really worrying much. Just occasionally. It does sound really stressfull to be worried a lot though. Hope you get some piece of mind to relax girls!

January 24th, 2013, 09:39 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I've only done kick counts once and she exceed the expectation for it so I haven't done it since. She moves enough for me to know she's ok but if for some reason she doesn't move quite that much that day, I'll get a little worried but I know babies have downtime days where they are relatively quiet and just sleep. My advice is if you are worried about the cord maybe ask your OB/midwife for another ultrasound check to see if it's still there? She could have moved it out of the way by now.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
January 24th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Veteran
I was worried yesterday too. I don't think you are alone at all. Seems like there are days he is really active and some not so much. I am sure it is just my paying more attention during those quiet times that make me even more paranoid. I am trying to sum it up as just being my first time.

January 24th, 2013, 05:22 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I freak out all of the time too. If he doesn't move first thing when I wake up in the morning, I freak. If he is quiet for too long, I freak. LOL. You are definitely not alone!! At least we will be holding these LOs in our arms soon and then we can move on to freaking out about other things. LOL

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

January 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
Not so much with movements cuz he's out if control n with him being sideways it's so painful I can feel everything he is always moving!! But I freak myself out over the BH.. I get them allll the time n I shouldnt get worried cuz there is nothing consistent with them or pain just uncomfortable n weird!! Also my orange pee is back!! So now I'm freaking out I have alot of protein again in my urine!! So I'm freaking myself out again it's never ending!!!
January 25th, 2013, 04:53 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been freaking out at every little thing, convincing myself that something is really wrong. Which is really strange for me as I never freaked out like this with my previous two pregnancies! I was much more relaxed during them.

January 25th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
She's working hard to get fat! I know I didn't get fat by moving around all the time ;D
LaceyMay2630 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search