I'm so ticked off at SO! updated sunday am

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 05:41 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just have to vent. I'm sick and tired of not having a name for this baby. I mean I'm beyond fuming mad I could literally kick this man. We just got into an argument because I had again suggested a couple more names this morning and he said that he would think about one of them. Well that name is a no go, it's every excuse under the sun for why he doesn't like a name.

I'm done, seriously done. He got so mad at me he just said name this baby whatever you want, I know he isn't serious but I freaking will name this baby whatever I want.

It would be helpful if he came up with suggestions but his response to me regarding this was " I don't know what I like I just know what I don't like.
His arse can sleep on the couch tonight, now let me get my blood pressure back down to normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

Last edited by kazarmo; January 27th, 2013 at 07:36 AM. Reason: updated
January 24th, 2013, 05:51 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
oh man id be mad too!! I've never been in that situation but I would get so irritated!!! The least he could do is make a list for you to choose from!! I Hope he comes around n helps u out so u can figure out a name!!! ((HUGS))
January 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How frustrating! Maybe you guys could take a time out from name-storming and something will just come to you? Or you could wait until she is born and see what fits?
January 24th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Then if he donto know what name he likes then u pick the name. . And i would make my man sleep on the couch if he was being like that. .
January 25th, 2013, 04:19 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We dont have a name either. Not just my dh's fault though. I only liked one, he didnt really care for it so now its back to the drawing board.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
January 25th, 2013, 04:48 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That must be beyond frustrating for you, especially as he isn't even coming up with names that he does like. I'd make him sleep on the couch too!

January 25th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Veteran
Men are so dumb!!! My co-worker and I b**ch daily about our husbands, they are just so friggin clueless to SO many things.

Hope his rest on the couch was a horrible one!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with LO's name, he's going to have to come around soon, Baby Girl is going to be here soon!

January 25th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I told him later on in the night (after he apologized to me) that I was not going to go in and birth this child and she not have a name. I said that just doesn't feel right to me and I wouldn't allow it. He then said she will have a name before she is born.

I may end up fighting hard enough to just get my way and name her what I want too. He named our other daughter technically.
Due to his apology he slept in bed with me. I wasn't really liking him too much still though.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dsd12
dsd10

January 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Veteran
You should name her. Pick a name you love and don't even tell him. After you have her tell them the baby's name. I doubt he'll argue. My aunt did something like that to my uncle. His reaction was confused to accepting so your SO can either be helpful or let you name her.
January 25th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daykara View Post
You should name her. Pick a name you love and don't even tell him. After you have her tell them the baby's name. I doubt he'll argue. My aunt did something like that to my uncle. His reaction was confused to accepting so your SO can either be helpful or let you name her.
He would be so ticked off if I did this. but it is an option

~~~~~~~~~~~
dsd12
dsd10

January 26th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
I'm sorry! That does sound horribly frustrating.

January 27th, 2013, 07:36 AM
OK well to update again. I gave SO 2 baby name sites this morning after asking him if Azura (this is my top name and I would soooo love to name this baby this, I mean I would give up a million dollars to do it) was still a contender or did he just say that so we wouldn't fight anymore. He was hesitant to agree that he wants Azura as a baby name.

It is still my number one name.

He wrote down 6 names.

Briana
Rebecca
Dahlia
Daniella
Camila
Savanna

I like Briana a lot however the baby would have first and last initial of BJ. Is that ok in this day and age? I mean in about 7 months my initials are going to be the same and I'm not to excited about it.
I like rebecca but it seems like a very 80s name too me.
Dahlia is a high contender
Daniella I have to say no too because I have a cousin named Daniele and another cousin named Danielle
Camila I like but seems to be in the top 50 for the past few years.
Savanna is nice, that's really all I can say about that name.

ANy more opinions ladies?

~~~~~~~~~~~
dsd12
dsd10

January 27th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Julie_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like you like different names and he likes names that are different but still kind of common. What about Azura as a middle name with something you can both agree on?

I'm not personally a fan of Dahlia simply because of the Black Dahlia but you both seem to like that one.

My DH and I just agreed on this baby's name a few weeks ago. So I understand the frustration and hope you get something picked real soon!

January 27th, 2013, 09:16 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear that he finally offered up some names that he likes, but it still sounds like you are the one doing all of the compromising. It doesn't really sound like you are a huge fan of any of those names. Why should you have to compromise on something he likes, but not vice versa? Just my two cents, but that would really bother me. Have you tried coming up with another list yourself to give to him? Or has Azura been your only suggestion? I agree that if he is not sold on that name, you could do that for the middle name? Hope you guys find something to agree on! Naming a baby is super tough.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

January 27th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJ View Post
Glad to hear that he finally offered up some names that he likes, but it still sounds like you are the one doing all of the compromising. It doesn't really sound like you are a huge fan of any of those names. Why should you have to compromise on something he likes, but not vice versa? Just my two cents, but that would really bother me. Have you tried coming up with another list yourself to give to him? Or has Azura been your only suggestion? I agree that if he is not sold on that name, you could do that for the middle name? Hope you guys find something to agree on! Naming a baby is super tough.
Oh I've given this man at least 50 names to pick from. All of them he dislikes except for the following.

Nadia
Johanna
and then the ones listed above in the other post.

I agree that it does seem like i'm compromising with the name. It's exactly what happened last time too. I will keep trying to keep Azura as a first name but probably hold out on saying anything about it for a few more weeks. I'm so in love with that name that I'm already referring to the baby by this name (in my head) If I do end up not getting my way then Azura will be a middle name unless another name hits me before I birth this baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dsd12
dsd10

January 27th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Super Mommy
Azura is such a pretty name too that booger couldnt agree to that? sheesh.

Im noticing all your choices end in A, is that important to you?
January 28th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelz88 View Post
Azura is such a pretty name too that booger couldnt agree to that? sheesh.

Im noticing all your choices end in A, is that important to you?
It is because of our other kids names.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dsd12
dsd10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search