Doppler app for iPhone

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 06:53 AM
If anyone has an iPhone, download the app "My baby's beat" .My husband works and can't attend my normal midwife appointment (he comes to scans but not the rest) then this was his first chance to hear the baby's heartbeat. He got excited! It's great!!!! xx
January 28th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Veteran
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I downloaded it and heard the heartbeat right away!

January 28th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Veteran
It really works? That's crazy! I'm gonna download it later and check it out!
January 28th, 2013, 10:59 AM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
Does it work on iPhone 5 do u know?? I read sumwhere it won't work on that one??
January 28th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Veteran
I couldn't get it to work I have the iPhone 5 and the headphone jack is on the bottom and right next to the microphone so I can't put the bottom of the phone against my skin.. I'm going to have DBF download it on his iPhone 4 later and hopefully we can get it to work! I haven't had him come to any of the appt. at the doctor with me because they are such quick appt and not close to his work so it disturbs his day so I think it would be cool for him to be able to hear at home. I'm making him come to my u/s appt at 37 weeks of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi6088 View Post
Does it work on iPhone 5 do u know?? I read sumwhere it won't work on that one??
It didn't work on my iPhone 5 because of we're the headphone jack is. Boo.
January 28th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Veteran
I have an iPhone 4 so my jack is on the top.

January 28th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
I bought this app back when I was 10 weeks along! LOL Needless to say it was useless for quite some time. But I just tried it again the other day after not trying it for at least a month and found her heartbeat. it was pretty quiet but I didn't have time to search much, and also my anterior placenta could also have muffled her heart.

January 29th, 2013, 04:25 AM
I tried it with my iPad and it works too!
January 29th, 2013, 08:03 AM
kreb's Avatar Veteran
I downloaded it last night and found her heartbeat quickly. Love it!
January 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
Dropping in from the April DDC to say thanks for sharing!!
January 30th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
I asked our pediatric cardiologist (the one who did the fetal echo) about this app back in October. He said that there is no way the iphone, or any phone has a strong enough microphone to pick up a fetal heartbeat until "possibly" very late in pregnancy. That it's much more likely it is picking up your own heartbeat.

January 30th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Veteran
I have had this app for a while..I found it very difficult to pick up her heartbeat...I've only successfully found it once and it was very, very faint. I'm sure placenta/baby position has a lot to do with it too. I find my own heartbeat or hear my guts rumbling through it more than anything, LOL.
January 30th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
Hey Cassani, if you want to try it out I can tell you it's worth it! I definitely know it was babies heart beat because it is so much faster than my own. And I can find both hers and mine when I want. There is a big difference. Doc is underestimating the power of the IPhone.

January 31st, 2013, 06:03 AM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
Well, we are late in the pregnancies now, and he did say if it was going to work it wouldn't be until late. I have a doppler and even that I rarely use.

January 31st, 2013, 06:49 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassani View Post
I asked our pediatric cardiologist (the one who did the fetal echo) about this app back in October. He said that there is no way the iphone, or any phone has a strong enough microphone to pick up a fetal heartbeat until "possibly" very late in pregnancy. That it's much more likely it is picking up your own heartbeat.
I am only 32 weeks and I found my baby's heartbeat right away. I listened to mine as well and you can definitely tell the difference. Baby's is much faster than mine. I was skeptical at first too, but it really does work. I love having this app!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search