Laundry--

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 09:00 AM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those who have more than three children and a husband HOW DO YOU DO IT? Between mine, my husbands, my 2 children, and this baby I feel like I am at constant war with the laundry. Not to mention I am in the process of waiting for my dresser for the baby and my husband to get all the furniture out of the baby's room that was PILED in there from the other rooms so I can not hang up laundry. The baby's clothes is everywhere..and I'm talking about clothes ranging from 0-12 mo. EVERYWHERE! Totes..above my washer and driver..on top of my freezer...in my closet...I just want to SCREAM! I'm surprised I don't have nightmares about clothes. Someone tell me I'm not alone..My house is not the biggest but it's not that small and there is still nooo room. HELP!

January 28th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
we do a lot of laundry here too, i think on an average week i do like 10 loads. I just try to keep on top of folding it and putting it away as soon as its done, makes it seem less overwhelming. But its hard to do that when you are waiting on places to put it all

January 28th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
You are NOT alone!! Laundry is the biggest issue in my house. My boys DH and DS go through so many dirty clothes and my husband is great at washing them all but then I am stuck with the task of folding and putting away. Needless to day. I have 3 clean loads sitting in my laundry room waiting for me to put away right now. Oh and there is one load still in the dryer and the washer is almost full and ready for a new load. AHHHH!! it is a bottomless pit i tell ya.
January 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Veteran
We don't have a washer/dryer at our appt so laundry is the worst chore in the world to do! I can not wait till the summer so we can move to somewhere that atleast has it in the building. I hate it! DBF is going to do it during his work days when the baby is here since he works for may tag! So that will be handy.. For now I do it at the laundry mat near my work, start it before work, dryer on my break and pick it up at the end of work. It's awful! We each have enough clothes to last 2 weeks without washing our stuff.. But once the baby is here and I'm on maternity leave its going to be awful to do! OMG I can NOT wait to move! City(Boston) appts are the worst(unless u are rich and live in the downtown fancy area.) I never realized how important a washer and dryer is at ur house until we got this apt... And we have NO dishwasher either. I can't stand it! I need a washer/dryer/dishwasher/garbage disposal at our next place or I won't live there lol.
January 28th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
I grew up in a house of 8! Laundry was constant, my mom had us all doing something! as soon as I understood how to fold, my job was towels,wash cloths, underwear, my little sister was sorting and mating socks! she did it as early as 2! We were the youngest so my older siblings had to sort everyone's cloths into piles and then fold there own and put away. Mom was always ironing! lol if we wanted to watch any tv, this is what we had to do, while watching!
Dad was awesome! helped us all if we had a problem and was the one who changed the laundry and brought us bins!
definetly a GROUP effort!
January 29th, 2013, 04:09 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
I at least have to do two loads of laundry a day to try and stay up on it. The one thing that really saves me is hubby takes his dress shirts and pants to the dry cleaners or I would probably never see the light of day. It's just too hard to try and clean those and then iron them.

Knowing that this is our last baby, we have been going through all of the girls old clothes. We normally take clothes, toys, etc to Goodwill every couple of months. I can't deal with all of the junk laying around.

January 29th, 2013, 06:04 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are soon to be a family of 9. I do at least 2 loads of laundry a day, usualy more though. If I do 2 then I can keep up with it. My 3 big girls have to put their laundry away. So I wash, dry, fold and take the basket to their room. But laundry is the one chore I am able to keep up on b/c its just not fun to play catch up if I get behind.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
January 29th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Saturday is generally laundry-washing day, and Sunday is where we put it away. We have three kids plus DH and me. It takes all day to wash/dry, and it takes the two of us 1-2 hours to put away together, more if only DH does it. I have a system though, so it doesn't take quite as long.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

January 29th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
I do about a load a day, I really suck at folding though lol. All the clothes are clean but a little wrinkly
January 30th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Veteran
There are only 3 of us and I get so behind! But I only do laundry every 1.5weeks or so. I am GREAT at washing it, no so great at putting it all away..LOL. DH always tries to help but he either ruins my clothes or puts things away in the wrong spot so it is just easier for me to do it. Thankfully he dry cleans his work clothes so that helps a bit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search