Question!

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neads

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 11:17 AM
adson's Avatar Veteran
Is it true that if u are not able to dialate in your first pregnancy, that that is going to happen in your next pregnancy? Nurse told me if u are not dialating once u will not be able dialate at all the next time.

January 29th, 2013, 12:06 PM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
It depends. Some doctors say that because they don't want the patient to try a VBAC. My one friend ended up with three c-sections because she didn't dilate with her first. Then the doctor also told her not to get pregnant again because it was too much of a risk to have a fourth c-section, so she had her tubes tied.

January 29th, 2013, 12:17 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never heard of this although..when I was pregnant with my first I dilated to 4 cm and ..didn't have ANY progress w/ my 2nd..so I was kind of curious if I'd dilate with this one..

January 29th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think every pregnancy/labor is different so anything is possible? Babies size/position, placenta, fluid levels, etc. are all different.

Some doctors allow vbac, but do not support them (I learned that the hard way). They try to break you down so you decide it's not worth it. If a vbac is really important to you, do your own research of the pros, cons, and risks so you can decided for yourself. My reasons for vbacing are far more than just because c-section recovery sucks. (And despite my last dr.'s many attempts to push me out of it, I had a successful vbac and it was 100% worth it!)

Personally, I would rather try to see if I dilate. If I don't dilate, I get a c-section, but at least I would have the peace of knowing I did what I could to avoid it.
Cassani likes this.
January 29th, 2013, 03:59 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
I have no idea!! My first I dialated to a 4 and my second only to a one!! We will see tomorrow if I'm dialated at all if she checks me.. He's still transverse soo I dunno if she will!
January 30th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
No it isn't necessarily true. There may have been physiological reasons you couldn't or didn't dilate during the first one that are not present this time. May be more likely, but not definite.

January 30th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Veteran
From what I've always understood, all pregnancies are different, so who knows. I didnt progress at all with DD#1 (no contractions, dilation, effacement, ect) but with this one I've had braxton hicks since 30 weeks and at 33 weeks my cervix was starting to do soften and move forward. I think they are checking me again tomorrow (36w/3d) for dilation.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search