Anyone else find the whole labor/delivery process super exciting?

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 10:39 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do!

From the moment labor begins, the drive to the hospital, getting settled in, laboring, delivery, after and everything in between! I'm not nervous one bit, but I am super excited.

After I had my babies I would daydream about the whole process and miss it. I would look back on pictures and videos to relive it.

I didn't think I'd be doing this again and I'm SUPER excited about it all!!

January 31st, 2013, 11:13 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i do too! i dont know that i would say i love being in labour but i do enjoy it in that oh so exciting way

January 31st, 2013, 11:23 AM
AmyMcLiz's Avatar Proud mommy
i'm excited about most of it, but terrified of the drive to and from the hospital! I'm a very nervous passenger, and we have to go through downtown Nashville, where things get really crazy!

Mommy of Zane
Hoping to have #2 in 2015!

January 31st, 2013, 12:21 PM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me!!! Oh me!! I love the excitement and the process and not knowing when it's coming! It's like waiting for Christmas Day, and a marathon your psyched to run and the huge celebratory dinner afterwards or something. I mean, it's awesome. Lol.
RUNNER25 likes this.
January 31st, 2013, 12:48 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I'm super excited about labor and delivery and I've never experienced it before. I'm not nervous or fearful at all, I just cannot wait to meet my daughter.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
January 31st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
Wow, can someone please pass me whatever you ladies are drinking??!! I am extremely anxious and nervous about the whole thing. I am trying for a VBAC this time around and really scarred about the whole process. Not to mention all the pre term drama I have been having. The only thing I am excited about is finally holding my miracle, my long awaited rainbow baby.
January 31st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Veteran
What are you nuts?!?!?!? haha! Only picking!

With DS, I was excited, just from having no prior experience and not knowing what to expect. But this time around I'm definitely more anxious. I wonder, will I want to do things the same way if I have other options, in terms of pain medications? Will this labor and delivery compare at all to DS's?

I can't say I'm scared, I know DD has to come out one way or another, but I can't honestly say I'm "excited" about it, and the mess that follows! haha!

January 31st, 2013, 02:18 PM
Julie_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm excited! I was so amped once I started pushing and after I had my daughter and really hope it's the same way this time. Labor really is an awesome experience and so empowering.

January 31st, 2013, 02:24 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm terrified...
nrse_em and lisamarie0023 like this.
January 31st, 2013, 02:31 PM
Super Mommy
Im excited about the whole meeting my baby deal, not so much about the whole L&D deal. Im terrified of having a huge GD baby :c

Going to ask for a growth scan, but not so sure if I will get one :/ I hate living in a small city (glorified town)
January 31st, 2013, 03:03 PM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
I am both crazy excited, and nervous as well! I really do love the whole experience...especially when we get to the pushing stage because I know we are so close to meeting our baby!
January 31st, 2013, 03:51 PM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im terrified. Ive given birth 3 times before and im still scared lol.

January 31st, 2013, 05:11 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm excited and nervous. I was super excited when I went into labor with DD, and couldn't sleep, so I am going to try not to let that happen again. I want to rest as much as possible. I am very excited about the home birth though.

January 31st, 2013, 09:00 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
I am excited to be able to have this experience! i feel it is something that is extremely emotional that I can share with my husband and will bring a bond even greater between us and welcoming our first born. I sound really cheesey but I am honestly very excited!
February 1st, 2013, 01:04 AM
MamaYazz's Avatar Veteran
It's my first time and even though I'm a little anxious not knowing what to expect I'm still very excited. Trying to be on track with my hypnobabies home course which is helping me to settle into a relaxed state of mind without any fear. Can't wait to meet my baby!
February 1st, 2013, 02:43 AM
Veteran
I'm nervous because this is my first and, while I've seen women in labor, I don't know how I'm going to react to labor. I'm nervous about how the contractions are going to feel and how I'm going to handle them. I'm scared of tearing still and what that will feel like. I'm excited about meeting the baby and the new role of motherhood.
February 1st, 2013, 06:02 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athme View Post
I'm terrified...
For real! Me too lady! I mean, its exciting in the way Christmas is waiting for the moment when we will go into labor.. But I'm scared of the pain, if something goes wrong, and the PAIN, if DBF is
Going to faint or not, and most importantly, the PAIN!! Lol

Thank god we get the best gift in the world at the end of it all. I just want to hold this
Girl and bring her home and love her forever
nrse_em likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 06:06 AM
Veteran
I'm super excited about the outcome...but not the process..LOL. But that might be due to the fact the first one was a pretty difficult delivery.
February 1st, 2013, 08:39 AM
adson's Avatar Veteran
I am terrified...

February 1st, 2013, 09:18 AM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
OMG YES!! I am so glad to see your post about this Runner because how you described how you feel is basically exactly how I feel! I am not scared at all, just super stoked to experience it! I was actually starting to wonder if it was bad of me not to be at least a little scared, like it could ruin the labor or something but now that I see someone else who has done it twice before feels how I do it makes me feel better. Thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search