OT-So grossed out!!

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to get something from the cabinet in my bedroom and I found a bunch of fresh mouse droppings on the bottom shelf!! I ran to the store to buy traps asap. Now I feel like my entire house is contaminated! The cradle is set up right beside this cabinet and all the newborn size clothes, hats, and socks that I washed last week are in a big basket under the cradle beside the cabinet... definitely going to rewash them now!

When I'm laying in bed not sleeping because my hips are killing me tonight the thought of a nasty mouse roaming my bedroom/house will creep into mind!
January 31st, 2013, 04:04 PM
Super Mommy
Yuck! I hate mice, when I was younger I lived in a older house that had a bunch of them. Cats couldnt even keep up with them all :X
January 31st, 2013, 04:22 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
ewww yuck! id have to bleach my house

January 31st, 2013, 05:08 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stinks. We have cats so luckily I haven't had to deal with any mice.

January 31st, 2013, 06:09 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH! I know exactly how you feel. We live around tons of fields..and get mice so bad in the winter..I have to lay poison around my house..set traps and EVERYTHING but some how they still manage to find their ways in the house. I clean my house from top to bottom bleaching EVERYTHING anytime I see one..and if the mouse eats the poison (DCON) it blows up and dies in the middle of my floor! They gross me out so bad...but I don't know what else to do.

January 31st, 2013, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is our first experience with a mouse! Dh is even more grossed out than I am! He's talking about getting a cat now and wants to go load up on every anti mouse thing available at the store to make sure the entire house is armed. i hope we catch him soon!
February 1st, 2013, 05:42 AM
Veteran
Oh yuck! We get mice every year and go through the same contamination process, it sucks.

Good luck, they are almost impossible to get rid of for good. Once they find that little tiny crevice to sneak in, they never forget and it's awful trying to find that tiny crevice.

February 1st, 2013, 06:43 AM
Veteran
Ugh, we had mice in our old house, they are annoying little buggars!! We also had a cat at the time and it helped tremendously. Hopefully it is just one random one that found it's way in!
February 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Super Mommy
If you do find the hole stuff them up with steel wool, they cant chew through it as well and usually back off. Cats help a lot, just gotta keep an eye on him/her when baby comes. Its usually not a problem though.
February 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh thinks it came in from our closet... The previous owner cut the majority of the sheetrock off one wall so he could work on pipes. We've lived here a year and it's been on the "to fix" list, but dh's had too many other things.

My inlaws use to have two cats in the house they use to live in and my allergies were terrible every time we went there. They had hair balls everywhere and the cats often pooped and threw up on the couch (and other places). I started to dread going there because of the cats. I don't want my house to turn into that!
February 1st, 2013, 02:55 PM
Veteran
I find them more annoying than anything. I work in a school near a field and learned the hard way they love to take one bite out of everything. They can't get into tin containers (think those big popcorn tins). Otherwise I've adapted after going through science supplies from the salvation army drop off center. They just said to beware the rat droppings as you pull down crates, ended up with so much mouse and rat droppings on me I am immune to the pests.

Although I would be worried now. They hate bouce fabric softener, cayanne pepper, lavendar, ammonia. You can also get these high pitched sound devices from some stores

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search