We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I had my 36 week appointment the other day and with that I had an ultrasound. The baby is estimating around 7lb 10oz, which is no huge surprise since DD was 9lb8oz. I'm not dilated but cervix is still soft and forward. When talking with my doc, I mentioned my concerns with another big baby and she told me that if I do not go into labor on my own, we could consider induction but not until 39 weeks, which would only be two weeks from Monday! Now my doc (love her) said she is not a fan of inducing, but since I have a history of a large baby, and that this baby is following suit, they are confident that I can deliver her, but they do not want me going overdue. She said that she will leave the decision up to me and as we approach the 39 week mark, if I havent had her, we can discuss options.
Since I'm basically looking at having to make a decision about this in two weeks, I'm trying to make an informed plan and not an emotional one. DH is all for me being induced because my recovery from DD#1 was pretty awful, but I am more concerned with the risks of induction. With DD, I wasn't technically induced, since my water broke, but I did need pitocin to get things moving. I'd appreciate any input or first hand accounts on being induced, good or bad. I'm just starting my research on it...TIA!
Oh and here's a cute pic they gave me of her little profile...
wow what a big girl already! Its so hard to make a choice about induction, have you talked about what methods of induction they would use? you may not end up needing pitocin again if that is what you are concerned about, there are other methods that you could try first before you agree to pitocin, if you decide that you want to be induced.
Good luck with your choice, im sure its not an easy one to make
Yeah I think there are quite a bit of different ways they can try and start you without necessarily having to use pitocin. Hopefully things start progressing on their own! In the meantime, you can always go the natural route and try and get things moving to get her to come earlier. Good luck!