Countdown is ON...

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So with it being between one to two months away how long does everyone have until their due dates?...Are your nurseries done?..If not what's left? Bags Packed? Whats Left? Ugh...for me I have so much left to do and I can't believe it's taken this long. But I was bound and determined to get my dining room painted (which is almost complete), the kiddos' room painted, and then the babies..THEN my husband can put up the furniture...but we also have to put together the stroller, carseat, playpen..blah blah blah and 30 days left...I might have a panic attack.

February 1st, 2013, 05:40 PM
Veteran
I can honestly and proudly say that I am almost done. I've bought almost everything that I am going to buy at this point. We aren't doing a crib until a few months down the road and the pack n play is all set up near our bed. The only big thing we need to do is install the car seat.
February 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 26 days left (according to my ticker) until my edd. So crazy!!We still need to put together the crib, organize the nursery better, pack my hospital bag, put together the stroller and learn how to install the car seat properly. I still have a few things at work that I need to make sure are done first too. I need to get my breast pump ordered (work insurance covers it, woot!) and make sure all of my short term disability and insurance for baby is taken care of. LOTS to do.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

February 1st, 2013, 06:22 PM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
I have 25 days left until my due date! I'm super excited!

We're not doing a nursery since he will be in our room for a while. I still have to wash all of his clothes and pack my hospital bag, but I will be working on that this weekend. We also have to set up his cradle in our room, which I'm hoping to do this weekend.

We have to install the infant carrier in the van, but I'm not too concerned about getting that done asap. That's something that my husband can do while I'm in the hospital.

I think that's about it! I'm soo ready to meet my little guy!
February 1st, 2013, 06:43 PM
fidelis18's Avatar Due March 3, 2013
30 more days here!!! It sounds like a lot but I know it will go by fast!

February 1st, 2013, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
58-59 days left here . I have a few things left to buy , more hats and socks and baby wash and comb/brush. I havent had my shower left so I am waiting to see if I get what I need from that first. Nursery isnt done either. All the furniture is up , I have to put the bedding set in the crib and move the mattress up to the first setting again. I have all the major things at least.

February 1st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Since writing this I not only have to do everything I just stated above but now my husband is going to fix the water pipes because they just busted. I'm really about to have a panic attack.

February 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I have 36 days left give or take some. I have everything I need for the baby bought, but I do need to wash some clothes and organize some things. I'm trying not to stress. Even if I get nothing else done it'll ok, the other things can be done after he's born if necessary. We do have plans to get things done each weekend before my due date, but its nothing mandatory.

February 1st, 2013, 07:19 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
Ahh I'm sooo excited to see all the babies!! My due date is in 26 days! But my c section is going to be sooner I want it on feb 22 so that is exactly 3 weeks from today... 21 days!!! Ill know tue for sure tho! I have almost everything ready!!! All I need to get is some lotion, few toys, and a play gym! I'm getting all that tomorrow.. Then I still need to get stuff for my bag, pads, stuff like that for me.. Hopefully ill be 100% done tomorrow!!!
February 1st, 2013, 07:39 PM
Super Mommy
I have a little over a month to go I want baby to be born on his/her due date, but im not too sure if baby will wait! Dr told me early on she would only let me go to my lmp due date before induction though (march 10th)

My boyfriends mother thinks ill go a month early though, on feb 5th, which was my twins actual due date they were born on jan 5th though
February 2nd, 2013, 01:36 AM
adson's Avatar Veteran
I have 50 days left (7 weeks), i bougt almost everything just a couple things more to buy.

February 2nd, 2013, 04:23 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
27 days left here - pretty much everything is done

February 2nd, 2013, 05:50 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I technically have a lot to do but i'm not stressing this time. The last time I was due with Lina we were in the process of trying to find a house and then purchase it. We moved in 2 weeks before I had her so it was extremely stressful.

This time though i'm taking it easy. We already have the Lina's room babyproofed and ready to go. But the new baby will be in our room for a few months anyways.
Today I am finishing all of the folding and putting away of the baby clothes and organizing the closet. I think this time I'm going to get a bassinet for our room instead of using the pack n play. The pack n Play just takes up so much room and I literally have no place to get around it. I'm assuming I will be recovering from a c-section again so crawling across the bed to get out of our room is a no go.

I got my breastpump all cleaned up and the bottles washed and ready to go. I eb for as long as possible but I like to have bm as backup anyways. Plus we already have formula leftover from when Lina started refusing to breastfeed when I got pregnant.

So overall I would say we are pretty ready. I did buy new baby's going home outfit last weekend. We just have to install the carseat but we can wait till March for that since I'm not due till March 30th.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

February 2nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
45 days until due date! There is a small shower Feb 22. I'm trying to wait until 36 weeks to start working on packing bags. We would like to get a larger vehicle before baby comes, but with dh's work schedule (10 hr days and no days off) it's probably going to have to wait until April. There is a lot of organizing, cleaning, etc. I want to do, but no big deal if it's not done when baby comes.
February 2nd, 2013, 07:19 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I have 47 days to go until EDD. I have everything we will need for her, just need to put together the pack n play, the travel system, install the carseat and get it inspected, and then put together the futon for my mom to sleep on for when she gets here. Clothes are already washed, we have some diapers, have wipes, we're set!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
February 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
AmyMcLiz's Avatar Proud mommy
I have 42 days left, and close to nothing is done yet. My MIL invited people to a shower, and even though no one is coming (i moved out of state), people are still sending me gifts, and my mother and MIL will be buying some things to bring on the "shower" date Feb 16, so I still have no idea what I'll need after that. I also live in a 1br apt for now, so there's no nursery to put together. I'll most likely put up a rock n play next to the bed and put all his clothes/diapers in a suitcase, since that's all we have room for. It's driving me nuts that I can't do anything ahead of time!

Mommy of Zane
Hoping to have #2 in 2015!

February 2nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have about 6 weeks left, but my other 2 were 1 week and almost 2 weeks early. So, I'm planning on having this month left.

Things are coming together. We finished painting our kitchen/dining room and laundry room. Our custom built locker in our entry way has been installed and done. Baby's clothes are washed and put away. My hospital bag is 80% packed. The boys bunk beds are up.

I just have to get the car seat, baby bathtub, rock & play sleeper and bouncy chair down from storage. Oh yeah, and tie up the million loose ends at work!

February 2nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
mojo-risin's Avatar Super Mommy
24 days or less for me. This is flying by!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggie!!

February 2nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
So I completely forgot that February was a short month..so instead of 29 days (because I put 30 yesterday..) it's 27 days left! I am so excited..but I wish I'd stop craving icecream sandwiches or I'm going to end up gaining a ton of weight before it's all over.

February 2nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Veteran
43 days left for me!!( and only 29 days left at work till I start my maternity leave. I can not wait to STOP working for 3 months lol)

As for what's left.. Our baby shower is next saturday and Hopefully we get all the random little things we need like matress pad, crib sheets, and those random things. We are waiting to buy that stuff until we see what is left that we don't get AND to use our 15% off coupon to babys r us for the things that are left on our registry.
We still need to pick up the bassinet from our friends house(which is 5 minutes away lol) and I haven't even started to think of a hosptial bag! And I need to buy the baby a coming home outfit. We have a ton of clothes from my sister and some friends that I honestly haven't bought even one new thing yet, so I def want a brand new outfit to take her home in We still need to buy socks and white long/short sleeve oneis for the baby, and maybe a few more hats to wear since it is still going to be freezing in March here in Boston. The car seat is ready to go in the car(going to put it in the trunk for now so i have space in the back seat for a few more weeks lol) and the snap and go is in the trunk of my car already. I have more laundry to do, but everything that is 0-3 months is clean and put away.. Might just wait on all the bigger clothes since we don't have a washer/dryer at our apartment.

Besides baby stuff, we still have a decent amount to do around the house! I need to buy new curtains for the kitchen, and paint some spots in the hall way that the dog scrapped up, John needs to put our new dresser together tomorrow, put a new rug down tomorrow too, and I need to buy new shades for out bedroom that block out all the light and are room darling shades since the baby will be in our room
Until we find a new place(hopefully by July!) ah!

Long post, sorry! It helps to think of what has to get done when I'm typing it out! Lol
Amy B. likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search