Baby's name

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopeful1213

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 05:50 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know we've talked about baby names, but I've forgotten what a lot of people decided on, so lets here them again, if you've decided, and want to share!

Baby's name?
Was it an easy choice?
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone?

February 6th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Baby's name? its a secret
Was it an easy choice? no, this was our hardest choice so far, we went back and forth between 2 names for a long time
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? his middle name is a family name, the first name, we just liked

February 6th, 2013, 07:53 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Babys name: corie danielle
Was it an easy choice: took a few days but we finally agreed.
Does the name have any meaning? Yes her first name is after my friend who passed away.

February 6th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby's name? Victoria Joyce
Was it an easy choice? Yep, once we said it we knew it was right for us.
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? My Mother's middle name is Victoria and my Husband's Mother's middle name is Joyce.
February 6th, 2013, 08:15 PM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
Baby's name?Ella Rebecca
Was it an easy choice? Yes
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? Ella is for my fiance's sister who passed away (her middle name) and Rebecca is for my cousin/best friend (also her middle name).

Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

February 7th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
Baby's name? Lillian Elizabeth
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? My grandmother's name was Lillian, and DH's mom's first name is Elizabeth.

February 7th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Super Mommy
Baby's name? Abbigail Lynn
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? Honestly, I knew Abbi was a girl before we found out on our scan. I had a dream about a red headed baby girl (of course I don't know if she will be red headed or not lol) with big blue eyes, just a smiling at me in my arms named Abbi Lynn. That is how it was chosen.
nrse_em likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 7th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Veteran
Baby's name? Ayriana Faith
Was it an easy choice?yes
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone?no we just liked it
February 7th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran
Baby's name? (Secret) Florence

Was it an easy choice? Yes, we went through our list of names with our 20 month old DS and afterwards, he kept saying this one name, so that's what we picked! Easy for him, easy for us!

Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? Her first name is special because DS picked it, and her middle name is after my grandmother who I was very close with.

February 7th, 2013, 09:02 AM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
Baby's name? Ryker J.
Was it an easy choice? Yes-- we had a few names this fit us best!!
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? Yes DH and his dad middle name is also jay but I think we r just using the initial J for Ryker.. It's DH choice tho but I'd rather just J.
February 7th, 2013, 12:15 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Name (s): We are team green, so we have two names. We are not sharing with anyone really, but I guess I can on here. Molly Suzanne and Harrison Dean.

Easy or No? Girl name, easy. Boy name, nightmare!!

Meaning?: We loved the name Molly 4 years ago with our first born when picking two names, but he ended up being a boy. Our second was a girl, but Natalie was our first girl name choice, Molly our second. Suzanne is my middle name. Harrison is after my Great Grandpa Harry and my Uncle Phillip Harry, Harry is a huge family name on my side. Dean is a combination of my maiden name and my Dad's middle name (Eugene). We had agreed on Samuel Harrison but after much thought, switched Harrison to the first name. I CANNOT have another child b/c this was too hard this time around!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

February 7th, 2013, 12:39 PM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Baby's name? Callen Richard
Was it an easy choice? Not at all. In fact, I still feel kind of torn on it. I'm hoping it will sound more right once we meet him.
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? Richard is after my FIL who passed away due to cancer a few years ago. As for Callen, we just both liked it. It was one of the few we could agree on.
February 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Baby's name? Elijah Michael

Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? We wanted a biblical name, and actually, both fit that bill. Michael is my late father's name. I believe he is the reason we are having this surprise bundle of joy since I got pregnant about 4 months after he passed away.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 7th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
What lovely names everyone. This is a great thread, it's really nice to see all the names together.

As for us, we are still undecided for this little girl. I am just so indecisive... Hubby would probably be ok with any of our top 5 if I could decide on one. Glad she is a girl though because it would have been even harder with a boy!

Last edited by Mrs.Storm; February 7th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
February 7th, 2013, 05:39 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby's name? Cooper Michael
Was it an easy choice?It was. Around 12 weeks DH and I talked about it. I told him I still liked Cooper, and he said he did too. We threw out a couple other names but couldn't agree on anything, so Cooper it was
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone?We just liked Cooper, but I have always wanted Michael as the middle name if I had a boy. My brothers' middle names are both Michael after my mom's brother who passed away, and she's always hoped we'd carry the name on. This is the first grandson on her side so I wanted it to be Michael.

Last edited by KtKuKi; February 7th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
February 7th, 2013, 09:17 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby's name? Jack Finn
Was it an easy choice? Yes, very
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? Nope, we just liked the name. And we both have a rich Irish heritage, so I wanted to incorporate that somehow, which is how we came up with the MN.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

February 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Veteran
Baby's name? Evan Lewis-James
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? The first name I just liked and told DH after DS#1 was born that if we had another boy his name would be Evan. The two middle names are the middle names of my FIL and my Dad, they have both passed away within the last 3 years.
February 8th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Super Mommy
Baby's name? Logan Allen
Was it an easy choice? Yes, we've had it picked out since before we got married 6.5 years ago.
Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? Logan is a family name on DH's mom's side & Allen is his, his father's & his late grandfather's middle name.
February 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
kreb's Avatar Veteran
Baby's name? Rowan Rose

Was it an easy choice? Yes and no. We considered Leighton but Rowan seemed to be the clear choice. Her initials are going to be RRR which I think is pretty cool.

Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? Rowan was because I wanted her to have a more masculine name like mine. Not as blatantly obvious as my name (Kyle) but something strong and that would stand out in a crowd. Rose is my late mother-in-law's maiden name. Her great-grandfather is still alive and well at 93 so when he finds out his last name is being carried on I know he will be over the moon.
February 9th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Veteran
Baby's name? We are team green here, so if its a boy....he will be Matteo Elias Dean and if its a girl....we are still deciding between Emma, Marisol, and Stella with middle names of either Kay or Mae.

Was it an easy choice?The boys name was a breeze....God I hope we have a boy!! The girls name we are still undecided (actually it is me that is undecided, my husband wants Stella).

Does the name have any meaning/is the baby named after someone? I loved Matteo because it was Mathew in english and I believe that it is a strong name. Elias is DH's grandfather's name and Dean is my father's name. As for the girl...the middle name's Kay or Mae are after me and my grandmother. The first names are just ones that we like.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search